The Junior Series Thread

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Miguel98

Re: The Junior Series Thread

Post by Miguel98 »

Ok, who was the stooge that pulled that one off? :lol:
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

Backmarker

Post by Backmarker »

Pointrox wrote:Konstantin Tereschenko :o

Crikey! Good job by the safety cell, but that's a bit of fire. He all right?
The Iceman Waiteth
What if Kimi Räikkönen hadn't got his chance in 2001?
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

That was mad.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

Crash of the year, in any motorsport discipline!!! Seriously, I hope the guy is okay. :)
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

You could say the Tridents really are flying this weekend...
TORA! TORA! TORA!
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

This isn't a kerb, its a ramp.
Waiting for Lotus hiring Johnny Cecotto jr.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

From what I could tell, he only got that far into the air because of the 'sausage' kerb? Because if so, shouldn't this 'incident' require the FIA to investigate how safe these kerbs are? Imagine if Liuzzi got that airbourne across the pack in his HRT at the 2011 Italian GP...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

dr-baker wrote:From what I could tell, he only got that far into the air because of the 'sausage' kerb? Because if so, shouldn't this 'incident' require the FIA to investigate how safe these kerbs are? Imagine if Liuzzi got that airbourne across the pack in his HRT at the 2011 Italian GP...

HRT might have actually led a race then :lol:
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

the Masked Lapwing wrote:
dr-baker wrote:From what I could tell, he only got that far into the air because of the 'sausage' kerb? Because if so, shouldn't this 'incident' require the FIA to investigate how safe these kerbs are? Imagine if Liuzzi got that airbourne across the pack in his HRT at the 2011 Italian GP...

HRT might have actually led a race then :lol:

Yeah, and I would have been there to see it. :(
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
andrew2209

Post by andrew2209 »

For all the changes made to the nose to stop them going into the cockpit area in a crash, maybe the FIA need to look at the risk of a car hitting a bump like that. In a race situation, it would be horrendous if a car got struck side on like that.
Valrys

Post by Valrys »

Officially a fan of Artem Markalov now. Boy must have balls the size of Crimea...
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Artem Markelov is the antithesis of fear.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

Ok, what the hell just happened in GP3? Checkered flag not beeing shown at the right moment, and then red flag the race so it can be stopped.
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Everything's great.
andrew

Post by andrew »

What on earth are the gp2 Stewarts, how on earth did palmer get away with overtaking off the track. Yet yesterday checotto has to give up the lead despite loosing time
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

According to Adam Cooper, Red Bull are shoving Gasly into the Caterham GP2 team with immediate effect

Now, this would be great for Caterham if it was a Gasly/Dillmann line up. But it isn't, primarily because Haryanto has loadsamoney (probably the only thing he has got...), so yeah...
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
mario

Post by mario »

East Londoner wrote:According to Adam Cooper, Red Bull are shoving Gasly into the Caterham GP2 team with immediate effect

Now, this would be great for Caterham if it was a Gasly/Dillmann line up. But it isn't, primarily because Haryanto has loadsamoney (probably the only thing he has got...), so yeah...

Even by the standards of Red Bull's Young Driver program, they suddenly seem to be trying to push drivers up through the ranks much faster than usual these days - Kvyat last year, Max for 2015 and Gasly being pushed into GP2 in the middle of the season.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

mario wrote:
East Londoner wrote:According to Adam Cooper, Red Bull are shoving Gasly into the Caterham GP2 team with immediate effect

Even by the standards of Red Bull's Young Driver program, they suddenly seem to be trying to push drivers up through the ranks much faster than usual these days - Kvyat last year, Max for 2015 and Gasly being pushed into GP2 in the middle of the season.

I'd consider FR3.5 to GP2 more of a sideways step...
Everything's great.
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

They should have kept him in FR3.5 for 2014 and then buying him a Caterham seat for 2015, IF the team survives.

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
mario

Post by mario »

Salamander wrote:
mario wrote:

I'd consider FR3.5 to GP2 more of a sideways step...

Sorry, I thought that Gasly was still in Formula Renault 2.0 rather than the senior FR3.5 series - in which case, I'd agree that the more is more of a sideway step.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

We've seen some pretty pathetic racecraft from Sergio Canamasas over the last two years, but what he's just done at the start of the sprint race takes the biscuit. Straightlining the third chicane at a million miles an hour, backing the entire midfield into each other as a result, inevitable pile up. Someone needs to revoke his superlicence now. :x

EDIT: It's getting to the point where Will Buxton wants to bury him on live commentary, but he has to remain diplomatic. :P
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

And after all this trouble created by Sergio, he get's the black flag for driving offences. I don't even...

Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Canamasas has a black flag. About bloody time. Now just revoke his license and stop letting him make a mockery out of whatever race he's in.
Everything's great.
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

And on the other hand, Jolyon Palmer is not far from grabbing the title :P

roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Sergio Canamasas needs a F1 drive just to see how long he lasts and see if he can beat Yuji Ide's record of 4 races before being kicked out :P
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Raffaele Marciello tweet wrote:Suggestion for you my friend @canamasas . Go play golf. Or at least stop crash into other drives....#sad!!!

:lol:
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

ROTR has to be Can'tamasas for producing the worst piece of driving I've seen since Cecotto in Spain last year. How Monaco has been forgotten

What will you think if Palmer wins the championship this year?
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:What will you think if Palmer wins the championship this year?

Something along the lines of "oh". I mean, he was the favourite going into the season, he's at DAMS, he'd have to be some kind of moron to throw that combo away.

I'm at a loss with Canamasas. I would love to know what his thought processes are when these things happen, because it's getting ridiculous now.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Ataxia wrote:
Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:What will you think if Palmer wins the championship this year?

Something along the lines of "oh". I mean, he was the favourite going into the season, he's at DAMS, he'd have to be some kind of moron to throw that combo away.

*cough* Marcus Ericsson *cough*

I'd rather Palmer win it than Nasr - I rate Nasr more, but his whining at Hungary was pathetic, rivaled only by his complete failure to capitalise on the open goal Palmer left him this weekend.
Everything's great.
andrew

Post by andrew »

Salamander wrote:
Ataxia wrote:

*cough* Marcus Ericsson *cough*

I'd rather Palmer win it than Nasr - I rate Nasr more, but his whining at Hungary was pathetic, rivaled only by his complete failure to capitalise on the open goal Palmer left him this weekend.

It's a long shot, but of I was palmer I would be more worried about vandoorne or being taken out by canamasas
Last edited by andrew on 07 Sep 2014, 17:45, edited 1 time in total.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

andrew wrote:
It's a long shot, but of I was palmer I would be more worried about vandoorne and being taken out by canamasas

...what?
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
andrew

Post by andrew »

Ataxia wrote:
andrew wrote:
It's a long shot, but of I was palmer I would be more worried about vandoorne and being taken out by canamasas

...what?

Title wise vandoorne is now the dark horse I would say, plus as long as canamasas is on track I would be worried
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

noiceinmydrink

Post by noiceinmydrink »

And not just any team mate, but Johnny Cecotto. That's hilarious.
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

After this comment from Marciello…

https://mobile.twitter.com/R_Marciello/ ... 6678333440

Suggestion for you my friend @canamasas . Go play golf. Or at least stop crash into other drives....#sad!!!

Canamasas replied with this…

https://mobile.twitter.com/canamasas/st ... 2046308352

A las amenazas, insultos, desprecios etc; cojo prestadas las palabras de @R_Marciello "la gente habla mal de mi pero a mi me da igual"

Which translates as…

A threats , insults , put-downs etc ; lame borrowed words R_Marciello " people talk bad about me but my I do not care "

Canamasas is an idiot.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:

andrew2209

Post by andrew2209 »

When Johnny Cecotto is calling you an idiot, you know you've messed up
mrfakeboullier

Post by mrfakeboullier »

So Will Buxton just did what I believe is known as a 'smackdown' to Canamasas on his blog
[url]willthef1jurno.wordpress.com[/url]
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

And now, the idiot has come out with this...

https://twitter.com/canamasas/status/508900152682479616

@R_Marciello if your own words doesn't make you think is not my problem. As you recognized me after you braked early and tried topush me out

Ridiculous
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:

Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

Canamasas needs a "PR 101" lesson... but learning to race properly is much more important. :P