TOTB (ten of the best)

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
takagi_for_the_win

Re: TOTB (ten of the best)

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

Oh my lord, you resurrected a 6 month dead thread just to post a list of your favourite girls names, with the name of the most recent female member of the forum at the head of said list? Jesus Christ man, get a girlfriend.
TORA! TORA! TORA!
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

takagi_for_the_win wrote:Oh my lord, you resurrected a 6 month dead thread just to post a list of your favourite girls names, with the name of the most recent female member of the forum at the head of said list? Jesus Christ man, get a girlfriend.

I think that is what he was trying to do :lol:
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

RonDenisDeletraz wrote:
takagi_for_the_win wrote:Oh my lord, you resurrected a 6 month dead thread just to post a list of your favourite girls names, with the name of the most recent female member of the forum at the head of said list? Jesus Christ man, get a girlfriend.

I think that is what he was trying to do :lol:

And for once, these comments are NOT directed at me!!! 8-) :lol:
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Christ no need for such a negative response and even less of a need to use a personal slur against me :roll:

Once again a post about something I really like gets run into the ground by a forum fast becoming as corporate as Mclaren

Slate me all you want but for once I really don't care
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:

Christ no need for such a negative response and even less of a need to use a personal slur against me :roll:

Once again a post about something I really like gets run into the ground by a forum fast becoming as corporate as Mclaren

Slate me all you want but for once I really don't care

Personally, I didn't see the problem. Heck, if you can't state a preference for what your favourite names are, whether male or female (or even gender-neutral names), then that is just pure censorship.

And as for getting a girlfriend, well, if only it were that easy!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Well, if you're all that desperate, i look kind of cute in girls clothes

i never said that, okay? :shock:
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

This wrote:Well, if you're all that desperate, i look kind of cute in girls clothes

Well, I knew Wallio competed in drag racing, but I wasn't expecting a reference to THAT kind of drag... :?
MCard LOLA
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

dr-baker wrote:
This wrote:Well, if you're all that desperate, i look kind of cute in girls clothes

Well, I knew Wallio competed in drag racing, but I wasn't expecting a reference to THAT kind of drag... :?

Nah, drag isn't my style, i'm more of a brolita :D
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

This wrote:
dr-baker wrote:

Nah, drag isn't my style, i'm more of a brolita :D

Memories of Little Britain have returned. "But I am a laddddyyyyy!!!!!"
MCard LOLA
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Hmm, I bet it was Freezy...let's go to the previous page.

*checks previous page*

...yep. Creepy-O-Kimi strikes again.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Ataxia wrote:

Hmm, I bet it was Freezy...let's go to the previous page.

*checks previous page*

...yep. Creepy-O-Kimi strikes again.

Ah yes here comes General Sarcasm. Only a matter of time before he commented. AYE AYE GENERAL!!!

It's not "creepy" it's a genuine love. Not that'd you'd care about that.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:
Ah yes here comes General Sarcasm. Only a matter of time before he commented. AYE AYE GENERAL!!!

Recycling an old joke. Hmm, fresh.

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:It's not "creepy" it's a genuine love. Not that'd you'd care about that.

It is creepy. What is it a genuine love for though, making people feel uncomfortable? I guess your chat-up technique is something like "HELLO YOUR NAME IS ON MY TOP TEN LIST CAN I LOVE YOU?"

Please, spare us the ins and outs of your personal life. If you want people to not take the piss, you'll filter out the more gory details at the least.

Stay classy.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Ataxia wrote:
Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:It's not "creepy" it's a genuine love. Not that'd you'd care about that.

It is creepy. What is it a genuine love for though, making people feel uncomfortable? I guess your chat-up technique is something like "HELLO YOUR NAME IS ON MY TOP TEN LIST CAN I LOVE YOU?"

Please, spare us the ins and outs of your personal life. If you want people to not take the piss, you'll filter out the more gory details at the least.

Stay classy.

Great now I feel all confused and don't know how to handle this situation. Thanks a lot Ataxia I can always rely on you to make me welcome in this forum
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:
Great now I feel all confused and don't know how to handle this situation. Thanks a lot Ataxia I can always rely on you to make me welcome in this forum

Please don't play the victim card again. That's my one weakness...of many.

If you don't want people to jump on you, don't blurt things out that aren't relevant. Share your personal experiences if it's on topic and if it's asked for. You wouldn't have a conversation with a friend about music or something, and suddenly shout out "I really REALLY like the name Lauren". It's totally fine to be quirky and interesting, but when you start to weird people out in a bad way is when you attract the wrong kind of attention...
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

#FreeGonzo
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

My apologies for Laurina that some people are creepy.
Some people will have to realise that with their attudude, i'm the closest to a girlfriend that they'll ever get!
And Baker, i take that as a 'no'? :cry:
takagi_for_the_win

This wrote:Some people will have to realise that with their attudude, i'm the closest to a girlfriend that they'll ever get!

I sincerely hope you don't mean closest in the geographical sense. :P
TORA! TORA! TORA!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

This wrote:And Baker, i take that as a 'no'? :cry:

Sadly, that is the case. Brolitas just don't do it for me. And in real life, I don't know how I would react to that. But considering there is at least 21 miles of water and shipping channels between us, and this is the internet, I am comfortable with that...

Ataxia wrote:If you don't want people to jump on you, don't blurt things out that aren't relevant.

And stop picking on F-O-K, guys. The thing is, his list of "ten of the best.... girls' names" WAS on topic for this thread. He had 10 names that he had a preference for, and he stated that in a thread entitled "Ten of the best....". How is that any better or worse than this post earlier in this thread?
MCard LOLA
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

dr-baker wrote:
And stop picking on F-O-K, guys. The thing is, his list of "ten of the best.... girls' names" WAS on topic for this thread. He had 10 names that he had a preference for, and he stated that in a thread entitled "Ten of the best....". How is that any better or worse than this post earlier in this thread?

The point is though, he resurrected a thread that hadn't been posted in for 6 months to post a list of girls names. It just looks incredibly creepy, no matter which way you try to spin it. Now, if it'd been a top 10 list of motorsport related things, no-one would have batted an eyelid.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

East Londoner wrote:
dr-baker wrote:

The point is though, he resurrected a thread that hadn't been posted in for 6 months to post a list of girls names. It just looks incredibly creepy, no matter which way you try to spin it. Now, if it'd been a top 10 list of motorsport related things, no-one would have batted an eyelid.

Maybe if he had slipped the name Mercedes in there... Plus some of the names from Jocke1's list???
MCard LOLA
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

I agree it was a bit creepy, but stuff like Ataxia's original post is still needless and inflammatory
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Seriously, when i'm doing my best to be creepy with my 'awkward crossdressing gay' image, and even trying to seduce Baker, and somehow another rather normal guy manages to be considered even more creepy at the same moment, there must be something wrong with what the other guy is doing, don't you think?
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

This wrote:Seriously, when i'm doing my best to be creepy with my 'awkward crossdressing gay' image, and even trying to seduce Baker, and somehow another rather normal guy manages to be considered even more creepy at the same moment, there must be something wrong with what the other guy is doing, don't you think?

Or is there something wrong with how other people view that other rather normal guy? After all, I just see as normal to have name preferences. Maybe this thread ought to be motor-sport related, but doesn't this forum have a reputation for going off-topic? And I can think of many things more creepy than having some favourite names-of-those-of-the-opposite-gender-to-yourself!
MCard LOLA
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

And trying to move things on a bit...

TEN OF THE BEST... F1 Teams of 2014 (in my opinion)

1. Williams
2. Mercedes
3. McLaren
4. Marussia
5. Ferrari
6. Force India
7. Sauber
8. Lotus
9. Caterham
10.= Red Bull/Toro Rosso
MCard LOLA
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

Seeing as André Lotterer will be joining this category:

Ten of the best...F1 drivers who made their debut over the age of 30 (since 1990)

1. Damon Hill

2. Allan McNish

3. Michael Andretti

4. Andrea Montermini

5. Jean-Marc Gounon

6. Roland Ratzenberger

7. Toshio Suzuki

8. Yuji Ide

9. Taki Inoue

10. Giovanni Lavaggi

Honourable mention:
Jean-Denis Délétraz
#FreeGonzo
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Ide ahead of Lavaggi? Are you mad?
mrfakeboullier

Post by mrfakeboullier »

My top ten dream cars
10. Audi R8
9. McLaren F1
8. Mercedes AMG SLS
7. Rolls Royce Phantom
6 Porsche 911
5 LaFerrari
4 BMW i8
3 Ferrari 458 Italian
2 Bugatti Veyron
1 McLaren P1
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Ten of the most beautiful commercial airliners:
10.- Douglas DC-7
9.- Boeing 757
8.- Douglas DC-9-10
7.- Airbus A340
6.- Vickers VC-10
5.- Tupolev Tu-134
4.- Airbus A350 XWB
3.- Lockheed L-1049 Super Constellation
2.- Tupolev Tu-154
1.- Bristol 175 Britannia

Honorable mentions:
Aérospatiale-BAC Concorde
Boeing 737-200
de Havilland DH-106 Comet
Douglas DC-8
McDonnell-Douglas MD-11
Sud Aviation SE-210 Caravelle
Tupolev Tu-104
Tupolev Tu-144
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Phoenix wrote:Ten of the most beautiful commercial airliners:
Plane Pics

No TriStar? No Trident? I am of disappoint. :cry:
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
Phoenix wrote:Ten of the most beautiful commercial airliners:
Plane Pics

No TriStar? No Trident? I am of disappoint. :cry:

I wanted to highlight planes with designs that stood out of the ordinary mostly, so that's why I didn't feature the TriStar. The Trident, as much of an awesome plane as it is, is also horribly ugly.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

That gorgeous KLM livery makes every airplane look pretty! That livery was always very popular with toy planes, so i suppose i still got a few of them somewhere.
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

As it looks like Andre Lotterer won't be racing against this season, here's my top 10 one-hit wonders (i.e. one Grand Prix start to their name)

10. Pierre-Henri Raphanel
17 entries, only 1 race start, and he retired!

9. Jean-Louis Schlesser
Taking out Ayrton Senna on your only race start to prevent McLaren winning all of the races in a season is pretty noteworthy.

8. Tiff Niddell
Better known as a presenter of Top Gear and Fifth Gear!

7. Roland Ratzenberger
RIP

6. Andre Lotterer
Such a leftfield selection, but he was decent!

5. Masahiro Hasemi
Fastest lap on his only GP start, albeit because of a timing issue.

4. Bob Drake
Such a varied career away from F1, but still made his mark by being the last driver to race the Maserati 250F

3. Marco Apicella
An F1 career which lasted the same distance as that which David Rudisha frequently runs. Also, Marco probably covered said distance slower than David Rushida.

2. Hans Heyer
Fails to qualify. Starts the race anyway.

1. Markus Winkelhock
Leads in his first race. By 33 seconds. From last on the grid. In his home country. In a Spyker. :shock:
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

Winkelhock could had done way better without the safety car and the red flag. He was the sole driver in the race with Wet tyres (the rest were with intermediaries). Supposing that the rest of the field were forced to do an another stop, the german could had, at least, a 50 seconds of advantage from the second place and half of the field lapped (including Hamilton).

So, without mechanical problems or driver errors, a certain podium or even a win for Winkelhock. :shock:
Waiting for Lotus hiring Johnny Cecotto jr.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Since it's nearly the end of the year, it's another one of these...

Ataxia's Top 10 Albums of 2014

10. Supermodel - Foster The People
9. Enclosure - John Frusciante
8. Wonder Where We Land - SBTRKT
7. Lazaretto - Jack White
6. Tomorrow's Modern Boxes - Thom Yorke
5. Warpaint - Warpaint
4. Turn Blue - The Black Keys
3. I Forget Where We Were - Ben Howard
2. Lost In The Dream - The War On Drugs
1. 48:13 - Kasabian

Honourable mentions go to Mogwai's Rave Tapes, So Long, See You Tomorrow by Bombay Bicycle Club and ANTEMASQUE's self-titled effort. Also listened to Tinariwen's Emmaar album, which went down a treat.
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

TOP 10 LUCKY BASTARDS

10. Christian Klien

9. Christian Danner

8. Emanuele Pirro

7. Ricardo Zonta

6. Jean-Christophe Boullion

5. Nicola Larini

4. Johnny Dumfries

3. Tiago Monteiro

2. Narain Karthikeyan

1. Bob Bondurant Thanks tommykl
Last edited by FullMetalJack on 05 Dec 2014, 16:54, edited 1 time in total.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

Top 10 most beautiful f1 cars from 90s

1 - Jordan - 1998 season

2 - Lola - 1990 season

3 - Jordan - 1997 season

4 - Williams - 1996 season

5 - Arrows - 1997 season (early season version)

6 - Jordan - 1995 season (early season version)

7 - Simtek - 1995 season

8 - Williams - 1998 season

9 - Jordan - 1996 season

10 - Mclaren - 1997 season
Waiting for Lotus hiring Johnny Cecotto jr.
takagi_for_the_win

Ataxia wrote:Since it's nearly the end of the year, it's another one of these...

No mention of AM? At all? Ataxy, I am very disappoint son. :P
TORA! TORA! TORA!
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

takagi_for_the_win wrote:
Ataxia wrote:Since it's nearly the end of the year, it's another one of these...

No mention of AM? At all? Ataxy, I am very disappoint son. :P

...because AM was released in 2013, maybe? :P
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

10 of the best circuits which look and feel like tilkedromes even if he had nothing to do with them

In no order...

1. Circuit de Catalunya
2. Magny Cours
3. Zhuhai International Circuit
4. Sentul Interrnational Circuit
5. Puebla Road Course
6. T.I Aida/Okayama
7.Indianapolis Motor Speedway Road Course
8. Circuito Ricardo Tormo
9. Autodromo Termas de Rio Hondo
10.Kansas Speedway Road Course
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

roblomas52 wrote:10 of the best circuits which look and feel like tilkedromes even if he had nothing to do with them

bullshite list

i.e., top 10 circuits you don't like because sharp corners are inherently bad

or maybe not, the "best tilkedromes" wording is kind of confusing?
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in