2017 AutoReject 3.5: NC race up, hibernation mode activated

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.

Where would you like to see the Australian round held?

Poll ended at 05 Sep 2014, 13:23

Barbagallo Raceway (aka Wanneroo Park)
3%
Hidden Valley Raceway
21%
Mallala Motor Sport Park
2%
Penrith Speedway (Oran Park)
24%
Phillip Island Grand Prix Circuit
31%
Queensland Raceway
2%
Symmons Plains Raceway
14%
Wakefield Park
2%
Winton Motor Raceway
2%

Total votes: 58

FantometteBR

Re: 2017 AutoReject 3.5: VOTE FOR AUS ROUND IN POLL

Post by FantometteBR »

Euromotor seems inclined to agree with Voeckler's proposal
Bertrand Gachot, Pacific, Connew and Piercarlo Ghinzani's No.1 Fan

1995 Rejects-1 World Champion with Driver (Julio Vaca) and Team (V.I.D.A.) - Because the first time you can never forget
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

2017 AutoReject 3.5 Middle Eastern Cup: Qatar Airways Trophy at Losail International Circuit
Qualifying

Race results
ROTR: Antonio Hampton: no, you can't finish the race without refueling.

Points standings
System: 20-14-10-8-6-5-4-3-2-1, PP:2, FL:2

1. Victoria Desai 44
2. Kenan Ardaoglu 42
3. Silvia Renaldi 38
4. Gary Pacer 24
5. Darko Kuzmanovic 20
6. Martin van der Maeyde 20
7. Chris Winter 19
8. Nino Barlini 16
9. Andrea Massini 14
10. Thomas Butler 10
11. Abdel Genazzi 10
12. Hobson Tarantino 10
13. Antonio Hampton 9
14. Jerry de Boer 9
15. Malik Zidan 5
16. Janne Kagström 4
17. Yuki Matsudate 4
18. Marko Jantscher 4
19. Urmas Pärn 3
== Matt Brinson 3

Stewards report
Nothing to report.

Penalty point rankings
Chris Winter 18
Kenan Ardaoglu 15
Urmas Pärn 8
Janne Kagström 8
Abdel Genazzi 5

Video here

Congratulations to Victoria Desai for winning the Middle Eastern Cup!

I'll run pre-season tests next week, so if you want to run someone else than your regular drivers there, post here. There'll be only two sessions.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Autosport wrote:Couteau delighted with victorious Desai

After Nebula's Victoria Desai won the AR3.5 Middle Eastern Cup, team principal Jacques Couteau has said his signing of the Indian driver was "justified".

Desai joined the team in late 2016 despite overtures from the Falik Arrows and Alitalia young driver squads, and has made an immediate impact on the squad after chalking up her first victory at Losail.

"I think the effort we put into getting her signature is certainly justified" said Couteau. "Prince Falik made a fuss about the move, but our showing in the series last season with Quentin [Reatherson] was great and I think that put the deal in our favour. Vicky's done a great job, she just has to carry on doing these performances in the real season."

Couteau was supportive of his own Astro Racing Stars despite mixed performances, and assured reporters that they would impress in the full AR3.5 series.

"Nino's made the step up and has been quick immediately. I think the Voeckler team can get the best out of him, for certain. Jerry's been good too, he's got a bit of experience so when the series is in full swing he'll be someone to watch out for. Marko has had so many issues in this cup, we're hoping he's got his bad luck out of the way early. We will ensure that he goes to Australia with confidence, and if he can keep it together he'll be just fine."
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Backmarker

Post by Backmarker »

Bernd Schröder wrote:For us the Middle Eastern Cup has shown much promise for the team, particularly Thomas Butler's strong showing in qualifying at Losail, and in the race at Sakhir. Hopefully Butler and the rest of the team can carry this form into the main series and challenge strongly.
The Iceman Waiteth
What if Kimi Räikkönen hadn't got his chance in 2001?
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Well, our car is the only car except for winner Desai to have finished in the points in every race. If we can perform this consistent in the main championship, it's going to be a decent season.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

After those MEC results, TRE will not sign Al-Dizi for the full season and wait for TRRS RNG instead. ;)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Voeckler GPE Press Release wrote:Kuzmanovic tests F2RWRS machinery with Voeckler

As a reward for his fine form in the AutoRejects 3.5 pre-season Middle Eastern Cup, Voeckler's newest addition to the Talent Troupe™ yesterday got his first taste of F2RWRS machinery in a private test at Teretonga Park in New Zealand.

"The cars were already out in that area of the world there for the Pacific Rim Cup, and so were most of our junior drivers, so we took the opportunity and ran a group test for all the young guys," said Jeremy-Etienne Voeckler, Managing Director of Voeckler Grand Prix Engineering. "The F2RWRS cars have different feel to them than the AR 3.5s, and we find it's good to have the young guys sample as many different types of car as possible to help develop their adaptability."

Along as well as Kuzmanovic setting laps, Nino Barlini, Olafur Ragnar Hannesson, Aimee Gauthier, Mineiro and Tonu Pykalisto were all present at the test.

Watch footage of one of Darko Kuzmanovic's solo runs here!
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

<Insert shady review site here> wrote:Jason returns to Rejects 3.5 for Blokkmonsta

In a controversial move, Blokkmonsta Motorsport decides to sign Tanner Jason for the 2017 Autorejects 3.5 season. Replacing Malik Zidan after mediocre performances in the Middle Eastern Cup, Jason returns to the series he bowed out of after being involved in the fatal accident of Nobushige Fukuda in 2015.

Blokkmonsta's CEO Andrea Schnass points to Jason's impressive performances in the Toyota Rejects series as reason to seek him for their single seat in AR 3.5. "He has plenty of potential that shouldn't be squandered by a single blight in his career. We had a long talk about it during negotiations and Jason has seemed to have gotten over the incident and is ready to resume his open-wheel career. Plus his skill he gained will be a valuable asset to our team and we hope he can help us develop a good base to build up on."

When asked about his return to this series, Jason claims that the season is more than just to resume where he left off in 2015. "When I left a few years ago, I thought I could let go of my motorsport record. After many sleepless nights I realized that I couldn't put the past behind me. That being said, I'm more motivated than ever to return to Formula 3.5 and I am more than willing to join Blokkmonsta and do more than just use this drive to put some demons to rest."
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Pablo Galaz will take the second Chris Short seat
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
V8fan12

Post by V8fan12 »

As Speedworld seems to have the only available seat - OsellaFA1L, would you be willing to take Viktor Pasitchnjuk for that seat?
Owner of the Peak Motorsport Group.

Biscione wrote:I mean, Renaldo Jimenez, could you ask for a more world class pay driver? Who even is Alexey Buyvolov, amirite?
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

Nuppiz wrote:
tristan1117 wrote:Tarantino Autosport would like to promote Patrick Feldhoffer from Team Echoften in the AutoReject 2.0 series to the next rung of the ladder. Pending permission from whomever owns him, Feldhoffer will be signed on for the 2017 AutoReject 3.5 season to partner Hobson Tarantino.

And what about the livery? Are you going to reuse the one from last year or have an entirely new one made?

I don't have a new one made, so I'd like to reuse the one from last year.
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

SRMP wrote:AR 3.5 news: revised aero package, Jason's return in doubt

After the conclusion of the pre-season Middle Eastern Cup which, contrary to the claims of the main funders - a group of wealthy sheikhs who called the Cup "an unforeseen driving challenge" - was mainly an extended testing platform for the new technical package, the AR 3.5 Commission has been busy preparing for the regular season that is just a couple of weeks away. SRMP has found out that there are two main issues on the table towards which the commission is paying special attention.

First, most of the changes introduced by the new technical package are to be scrapped. The most significant change for this season besides the new engine rules was a new aero package that allowed for huge reductions in downforce and drag levels, in an effort to increase straightline speeds and overtaking. However, this had the side effect of making the cars very twitchy to drive and prone to go airborne, which undoubtedly was a major factor in that a single race of the MEC (the finale in Bahrain) quite possibly featured more rollovers than the entire 2016 IFRC season. With little time to spare the cars are expected to revert to mostly 2016-spec aerodynamics, with only a few minor tweaks applied.

The second and more controversial issue concerns Blokkmonsta Motorsport's newest recruit Tanner Jason, whom the team has signed as their main driver in the championship after their previous recruit Malik Zidan proved to be too inexperienced during the MEC. Jason is making a return after a quiet year, having participated in the TRRS to regain the attention of the motorsport world. However, the reason behind Jason's "sabbatical" in 2016 is rather grim: his reckless driving was considered to be the main cause behind Nobushige Fukuda's tragic death in 2015, incidentally the event which had the single most effect on the series' transformation into what it is today. In the aftermath of the accident, Tanner Jason was permanently banned from competing in RoLFS, but an ongoing argument between the members of the commission is that whether or not this ban should carry over to AutoReject 3.5 as the category has gone through such massive changes in the meantime. The commission is expected to reach a conclusion in this matter prior to the pre-season tests on March 11th and 12th, and according to our sources a slight majority is leaning towards an extension of this ban.

;tl;dr Tanner Jason may not receive a competition license. You can sway my opinion on this by doing some wiki work, such as adding the AR 3.5 dates on the main calendar. :P

Also, if you want to run someone else than your regular drivers in the pre-season tests, it's about high time to announce that. There will be only two testing sessions, one on the 11th and one on the 12th March.

Finally, the vote on the location Australian round of the championship has concluded and I'll soon start testing the most popular venues to see which one is the best from both technical and sporting perspective. Be aware that the vote is non-conclusive and thus the round may not end on the most popular venue (Phillip Island) after all.
Ataxia
Not Important

Re: 2017 AutoReject 3.5: enter pre-season tests pls

Post by Ataxia »

Nebula test plans:

#11: Victoria Desai (both sessions)
#12: Bjorn Ekdal (first session), Ricardo Velazquez (second session)
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Voeckler GPE requests the services of Darko Kuzmanovic for the second test session from Euromotor, and in exchange we will send Nino Barlini in the other direction, as a means of gathering a larger range of testing data.

Image Image
FantometteBR

Post by FantometteBR »

Biscione wrote:Voeckler GPE requests the services of Darko Kuzmanovic for the second test session from Euromotor, and in exchange we will send Nino Barlini in the other direction, as a means of gathering a larger range of testing data.

Deal done!

Darko Kuzmanovic will test both days (one for Euromotor adn the other for Voeckler)
Fredson Santos will test both days and Nino Barlini will test the second day (if Voeckler feels the scheduling must be different, please tell)
Bertrand Gachot, Pacific, Connew and Piercarlo Ghinzani's No.1 Fan

1995 Rejects-1 World Champion with Driver (Julio Vaca) and Team (V.I.D.A.) - Because the first time you can never forget
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Jones will keep both main season drivers for both tests.
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
RealRacingRoots

Post by RealRacingRoots »

With the First Round of the TRRS, RTS secured the services of Luc Pellerin for the season and beyond, he will drive the #15.

Helmet: https://www.mediafire.com/?w61dmb796rb04b9

Car:https://www.mediafire.com/?96a41p7vx3vn57d
The Truth Shall set you free. (no theme music plays)
Tomáš.......Ttaaaaaaaattaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Watch this if you want to learn about what Canada is really like.
GT Super Series
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Voeckler Test Plans

1st Day
#1 Michael Robertson
#2 Nino Barlini

2nd Day
#1 Michael Robertson
#2 Darko Kuzmanovic

:)

Image Image
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Nuppiz wrote:
;tl;dr Tanner Jason may not receive a competition license. You can sway my opinion on this by doing some wiki work, such as adding the AR 3.5 dates on the main calendar. :P

Also, if you want to run someone else than your regular drivers in the pre-season tests, it's about high time to announce that. There will be only two testing sessions, one on the 11th and one on the 12th March.

Finally, the vote on the location Australian round of the championship has concluded and I'll soon start testing the most popular venues to see which one is the best from both technical and sporting perspective. Be aware that the vote is non-conclusive and thus the round may not end on the most popular venue (Phillip Island) after all.

I have no idea how to add to the canon calendar, since I have little experience with working with the charts, let alone with one so complicated that I have no idea where to start :|

I would add if I could, but anything I have tried has just screwed up the format. :?

If I need to find a replacement for Jason should he not be allowed to compete, are there any drivers open for a slot? And if we can't find a driver, is there any way that Blokkmonsta can sit out for 2017 and return for the next Winter Season Cup?
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

After some testing, Hidden Valley has been selected as the host of this year's Round of Australia. Phillip Island had a very narrow pitlane and bad AI issues (cars randomly crashing into the garages while entering the pits), while Oran Park is a no-go simply because I don't want to see a repeat of last year. Whether or not Hidden Valley is any better in that context remains to be seen, but at least the technical side of things is working 100%.

Tanner Jason may still compete, provided there won't be any massive protests by other team owners against him. However, in any case his license will be provisional only, and he will lose it permanently should he stir up enough crap during the season.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Providing there aren't calendar clashes, Roberto Dinella is interested in buying I mean err driving for Blokkmonsta at any races Jason can't do. Lampre logos not optional. ;)
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
V8fan12

Post by V8fan12 »

Blokkmonsta needs a driver? May I offer you the esteemed Russian, Viktor Pasitchnjuk? He will bring a free case of vodka! :P
Owner of the Peak Motorsport Group.

Biscione wrote:I mean, Renaldo Jimenez, could you ask for a more world class pay driver? Who even is Alexey Buyvolov, amirite?
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

I'll just send Kurniawan and Fukui on all test sessions. :)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

I'll just run my regular drivers.
TORA! TORA! TORA!
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

PORE will test with Martin van der Maeyede and Joe Harmsky.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Nuppiz wrote:...

Tanner Jason may still compete, provided there won't be any massive protests by other team owners against him. However, in any case his license will be provisional only, and he will lose it permanently should he stir up enough crap during the season.

Alright, for now we will have Jason participate in both testing sessions to show that we are still interested in letting him race.

We will take note of Roberto Dinella standing in as a replacement should Jason lose his license to compete, though we will have to look for a 3rd driver to stand in for Dinella if it comes to that, since a few F3RWRS races do overlap with AR 3.5.

EDIT: We might as well replace the leaving Zidan's sponsors with Dinella's (Lampre) as well to show that he is our reserve.
Backmarker

Post by Backmarker »

I'll just test the normal drivers.
The Iceman Waiteth
What if Kimi Räikkönen hadn't got his chance in 2001?
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Voeckler Talent Management offers to assume responsibility of finding a full-time driver for Blokkmonsta's car.

The current talents we are looking to bring in on a contract are Alexey Pchelintsev, Herberto Dominguez or Jan Mayländer.

Image Image
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

rejectsport.com wrote:Knight: 'Jason return is 'insult to Fukuda's memory'

Following the shocking announcement that Tanner Jason had secured a drive with Blokkmonsta Motorsport, there was predicted to be outrage amongst those in AR 3.5. Luke Knight, CEO of the Plus One Group, has been one of many to protest against the move.

"Tanner Jason was banned from what was Rejects of LFS for his severe misconduct on the track. It is utterly insane to allow him to compete again!" said Knight.

"This move is quite frankly an insult to Nobushige Fukuda's memory. It appears that those in charge have forgotten the meaning of their actions. I don't know what is worse: the fact that everyone's lives have been placed at greater risk, or the implication that the series officials are bending over backwards to allow such a person to race in the first place.

"I call for the rest of the paddock to make their grievances heard."

Read more on RejectSport Extrra - More news, more action, more racing!
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
OsellaFA1L

Post by OsellaFA1L »

Gilles Massinion will drive the second Speedworld car. Him and Kagstrom will do all the testing
RIP Jules Bianchi

Only Bernie could pay his way out of a bribery court case
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Kenan Ardaoglu wrote:Tanner Jason? What about him? Oh, yeah. Well, I don't see any reason why he shouldn't drive. Look, shite happens - accidents can happen and motorsport is risky. If you can't deal with that, go home and let the men do the work. I for one support Tanner and he can always come to me if he needs help with something.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Both my regular drivers will do the testing.
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Battani and Galaz will test
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Just the regulars.
Vepe

Post by Vepe »

This wrote:Just the regulars.

Same here
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Vepe wrote:

Same here

You keep your hands of my regulars!
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

This wrote:
Vepe wrote:

Same here

Actually, as Voeckler's B-Team, we instruct RonDen to relinquish their regulars to Vepe, and instead you will run a test lineup of Benoit Voekcler and Jan Maylander, because we say so and we just feel like it.

We know you don't understand it, but trust us, we know what we are doing. RonDen is not just a subserviant we abuse to make cruel experiments on, we promise!

Image Image
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Biscione wrote:
This wrote:
Vepe wrote:Same here

Actually, as Voeckler's B-Team, we instruct RonDen to relinquish their regulars to Vepe, and instead you will run a test lineup of Benoit Voekcler and Jan Maylander, because we say so and we just feel like it.

We know you don't understand it, but trust us, we know what we are doing. RonDen is not just a subserviant we abuse to make cruel experiments on, we promise!

This is the part i don't understand...
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

ZimSport will run our regular drivers.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017