Ronspeak

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Ross Prawn

Ronspeak

Post by Ross Prawn »

i do think there should be a thread documenting the cerebral perambulations of the great grey one.

Todays quotes from the 'McLaren have finally decided somet'ing day' are priceless examples. In http://m.autosport.com/news/report.php/ ... sion-delay Ron raises incompetant indecision to the level of a new Zen art. And in http://m.autosport.com/news/report.php/ ... -f1-regret he deftly blames Lewis for the 2007 fiasco, glossing over Fernando's blackmail and McLaren's spying.
"Other than the car behind and the driver who might get a bit startled with the sudden explosion in front, it really isn't a major safety issue from that point of view,"
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Ronspeak

Post by watka »

I think Ron himself is "destabilised".
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

Back in January Sky Sports put up this article on Ronspeak.
#FreeGonzo
Leyton House

Post by Leyton House »

My favourite piece of Ronspeak was on the departure of Nigel Mansell. The journos were quizzing him on his announcement of the split where he said something like "we leave on good terms and maybe one day etc etc..." the usual thing.
One journalist asked about the chances of Nigel rejoining them one day, specifically referring to Ron's previous comments.
Ron replied - and this isn't a direct quote as I can't find it - was; "although one likes to be polite, and it's never wise to categorically state Nigel will never return to McLaren, it is difficult to imagine the circumstances which might lead to it." - Brilliant.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Although he often falls out with drivers he employs the above reminded me that this isn't the first time he's taken on someone he frakking despises. And that was also at the start of a new engine partnership. And that also went tits up.
Just For One Day...
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

Why you all be hatin'? Ron Dennis has a sufficient number of key similarities with the more popular adolescents in his school to possess special permissions to spur educational obligations.
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

UgncreativeUsergname wrote:Why you all be hatin'? Ron Dennis has a sufficient number of key similarities with the more popular adolescents in his school to possess special permissions to spur educational obligations.

Firstly, I see no hate and secondly what the frig are you on?
Just For One Day...
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

CoopsII wrote:
UgncreativeUsergname wrote:Why you all be hatin'? Ron Dennis has a sufficient number of key similarities with the more popular adolescents in his school to possess special permissions to spur educational obligations.

Firstly, I see no hate and secondly what the frig are you on?

Yeah, I hope this doesn't go the way Unusual F1 Stats did for a few days—locked because we only want real stuff—but I couldn't resist.
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in