Alt-1955 - Prize money awarded!

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Alt-1955 - French Grand Prix of Kek up!

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Biscione wrote:
CaptainGetz12 wrote:
tommykl wrote:
-A major shift happened between Renzo and Ecclestone, as Ramos was fired by the British privateer and promptly hired by the Italian mobst- I mean car dealer. As a result, Toulo de Graffenried was sent to Voeckler and Louis Chiron left out of a drive, while Stuart Lewis-Evans and Ecclestone himself will share driving duties in the Mercedes.

We at Ecurie Maghreb are interested at seeing if Chiron wants to do a round or two, probably at Italy or Germany. Our Lancia Chassis has been getting us up the pecking order pretty well so far so we think that he could do well in the car. Much better than that Chinese piece of scrap metal he raced last year :D

Sure, you can have Chiron for both rounds.

Alright. Chiron will join Guelfi in those rounds using the Lancia, while Guelfi will take the Ambrosiana. This is subject to change depending on the condition of our cars and our budget *fingers crossed*.
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

CaptainGetz12 wrote:Alright. Chiron will join Guelfi in those rounds using the Lancia, while Guelfi will take the Ambrosiana. This is subject to change depending on the condition of our cars and our budget *fingers crossed*.

Well, if you need another chassis, Renzo can sell you another one of the Ambrosianas. Seeing as it's your second purchase, I'll reduce the cost of this one by 20%.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

1956 Scottish GP Proposals

The size of the initial Scottish GP track was considered too short by some, so there is a consideration to lengthen it. There are a few different layouts on offer - which do you think should be put forward for the Edinburgh-based Scottish GP's candidacy for future seasons?

1. Holyroodhouse (current)
2.152 miles / Start/Finish on Regent Road
The current layout from the 1955 race, the shortest on offer. Highlights are blasting over the iconic North Bridge, and passing the front gates of the Palace of Holyroodhouse.

2. Royal Mile
3.645 miles / Start/Finish on Regent Road
This route extends the Holyroodhouse layout, extending into Cowgate, Grassmarket, and onto the sweeping Johnstone Terrace, spectacular with the famous Edinburgh Castle looming above, before returning to the Royal Mile, and turning into the Mound, for a hairpin as tricky as the iconic 180 in Monaco.

3. Holyrood Park
5.526 miles / Start/Finish on Queens Drive
This track has the fans in mind - take a climb up Salisbury Crags and get a panoramic view of the entire course. Possibly the most realistic choice, given the more adequate level of space available behind the Palace of Holyroodhouse for pop-up garages and the like, the track mixes flat out blasts with a handful the tricky technical corners of the first two layouts. But for the most part, this track is a different character than the first two variations.

Image Image
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Miguel98 wrote:
Changes at von Hoff
After the Belgium Grand Pre-Qualifying, Baron Trod von Hoff announced that he's calling it a quits on the chassis designed by his own personal team of engineers. The Baron was quoted on saying "There have been a lot of troubles with the car. On tracks where the slickness of the chassis mattered, it wasn't the worst. But when top speed mattered, the car was a complete waste. It was a phile of scheisse." He also announced that Niedermayr has been fired with immediate effect, after his god awful performance in Belgium.
von Hoff announced that he's starting a partnership for the remaining of the season with Audi, bringing the giants from the 30's into the world of F1. Audi have claimed they're really excited with the partnership, and hope that the money they're putting into the project isn't a waste of time and money.

The new driver for von Hoff Racing will be Edgar Barth, while the team name will change to von Hoff-Audi. Now, how much money does this get tommy? :P

I'll let you get Edgar Barth, but I won't allow Audi, simply because they didn't exist as Audi back then :P

Edgar "Technically communist" Barth
1-55: rethinks his initial decision and takes up von Hoff's offer
56-100: decides his decision to stay away from them was the right one and stays away
Result: 16
Barth will now drive for von Hoff.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
novitopoli
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by novitopoli »

Hi, would it be possible to enter this series or do I have to join a waiting list?
Seems quite a nice thing :)
sw3ishida wrote:Jolyon Palmer brought us closer as a couple, for which I am grateful.

Ataxia wrote:
Londoner wrote:Something I've thought about - what happens to our canon should we have a worldwide recession or some other outside event?

We'll be fine. It's Canon, non Kodak.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

novitopoli wrote:Hi, would it be possible to enter this series or do I have to join a waiting list?

No, there is no waiting list. You simply post the name of your team, where it's based and a short back story. If I find it credible enough, I give you a budget, and off you go :)
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Prequalifying results
1. Ottorino Volonterio (O.S.C.A.) - 4:26.53
2. Cesare Perdisa (Ambrosiana-Ferrari) - 4:29.41
3. Roger Loyer (Loyer-Porsche) - 4:29.86
4. Alberto Uria (Ambrosiana-Alfa Romeo) - 4:31.03
5. Alfonso de Portago (Loyer-Porsche) - 4:31.25
6. Eugenio Castellotti (Porsche) - 4:32.39
7. Johnny Claes (Cooper-Jaguar) - 4:33.17
8. Karl Kling (Aston Martin-Jaguar) - 4:34.23
9. Roy Salvadori (Bentley) - 4:35.30
10. Luigi Villoresi (Ultimate-Mercedes) - 4:35.75
11. Kenneth McAlpine (Bentley) - 4:35.76
12. Stuart Lewis-Evans (Mercedes-Bentley) - 4:35.99
13. Wolfgang von Trips (Phoenix-O.S.C.A.) - 4:36.26
14. Lex Davison (Cooper-Jaguar) - 4:36.60
15. Helmut Niedermayr (Van Hoff-O.S.C.A.) - 4:38.52

Volonterio is surprisingly quick, both Loyers and the only Porsche make it through, as do Perdisa, Uria and Claes. The main surprise is Karl Kling making the cut for EMW instead of the likes of Lewis-Evans or von Trips, both making their débuts for established teams.

tommykl

Post by tommykl »

And here's qualifying performance

Serafini - 116
Schell - 116
Loyer - 114
Farina - 113
Marzotto - 113
Maglioli - 111
de Graffenried - 110
Sanesi - 108
Hawthorn - 107
Trintignant - 107
Mieres - 106
de Portago - 105
Poore - 105
Uria - 105
Simon - 104
Collins - 104
Kling - 103
Gonzalez - 103
Moss - 101
Guelfi - 99
Ramos - 98
Castellotti - 98
Loyer - 98
Swaters - 98
Brabham - 98
Manzon - 97
Rubirosa - 96
Bira - 96
Claes - 96
Hampshire - 95
Stillwell - 95
Gaze - 95
Volonterio - 94
Perdisa - 94
Macklin - 94
Bettenhausen - 93
van der Lof - 93
Pilette - 93
Brooks - 90
Titterington - 88
Ecclestone - 84
Whitehead - 84

novitopoli
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by novitopoli »

tommykl wrote:
novitopoli wrote:Hi, would it be possible to enter this series or do I have to join a waiting list?

No, there is no waiting list. You simply post the name of your team, where it's based and a short back story. If I find it credible enough, I give you a budget, and off you go :)

Here's my go then!

Scuderia Adriatica:

A quite promising team based in the Apulia region, Italy. Founded in the late 40's by a group of southern Italian racing enthusiasts, Scuderia Adriatica spent its first years competing in Southern Italian, non-Championship events such as the Coppa Acerbo and the Bari Grand Prix (the team's home race). In the last year they even entered a Lancia Aurelia B20 in the Targa Florio, scoring a quite successful top 10 finish with a consistent performance. This, combined with other fairly good results in the last years, led Scuderia Adriatica to try for the first time to enter World Championship races. At first, Adriatica's looking forward to buy some neat chassis/engines from other manufacturers, but some new wealthy, though still unknown, backers are investing their money on expanding their facilities, thus opening Adriatica the possibility to build its own car in the future.

Some speculate important Italian politicians have been pushing for this entry to happen, in order to somehow give Southern Italy its share of automotive industry, in a country which is slowly rising again from the ashes left by WWII.
sw3ishida wrote:Jolyon Palmer brought us closer as a couple, for which I am grateful.

Ataxia wrote:
Londoner wrote:Something I've thought about - what happens to our canon should we have a worldwide recession or some other outside event?

TheFlyingCaterham

Post by TheFlyingCaterham »

novitopoli wrote:
tommykl wrote:

Here's my go then!

Scuderia Adriatica:

A quite promising team based in the Apulia region, Italy. Founded in the late 40's by a group of southern Italian racing enthusiasts, Scuderia Adriatica spent its first years competing in Southern Italian, non-Championship events such as the Coppa Acerbo and the Bari Grand Prix (the team's home race). In the last year they even entered a Lancia Aurelia B20 in the Targa Florio, scoring a quite successful top 10 finish with a consistent performance. This, combined with other fairly good results in the last years, led Scuderia Adriatica to try for the first time to enter World Championship races. At first, Adriatica's looking forward to buy some neat chassis/engines from other manufacturers, but some new wealthy, though still unknown, backers are investing their money on expanding their facilities, thus opening Adriatica the possibility to build its own car in the future.

Some speculate important Italian politicians have been pushing for this entry to happen, in order to somehow give Southern Italy its share of automotive industry, in a country which is slowly rising again from the ashes left by WWII.

I'm willing to sell my Aston Martin chassis to help you start out.

Price will be negotiable, though I would prefer a selling price higher than $20000 (to at least help me survive a couple more races :P)
Resident Track Designer Addict

2016 F1Rejects Track Designing Competition Champion
2017 F1Rejects Track Designing Competition Runner-Up

More of a reader than a poster on these forums, so I won't post much compared to others.
HawkAussie

Post by HawkAussie »

I think that is the first time that Kling has made it through to qualifying
Officially Retired
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

novitopoli wrote:
tommykl wrote:

Here's my go then!

Scuderia Adriatica:

Don't listen to the con artists demanding £20,000+ for a single used chassis. The Aston Martin chassis is so-so at best. An Italian team must by Italian! An Ambrosiana-Ferrari package, along with a spare chassis in case of troubles, can be yours for just £15,000.

Image Image
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

novitopoli wrote:Here's my go then!

Scuderia Adriatica:

O.S.C.A. have a top-level chassis and engine design available. The engine recently won a championship race with Ascari's Phoenix-O.S.C.A. car. The design is a year old, but so are most of the other cars as well. The Ambrosiana and Aston Martin that other people are trying to sell are even two years old. Also, the OSCA is one of the cheapest top-level cars available, with just 27500 for a chassis, 17500 for an engine and 42500 for a combined package.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

pi314159 wrote:O.S.C.A. have a top-level chassis and engine design available. The engine recently won a championship race with Ascari's Phoenix-O.S.C.A. car. The design is a year old, but so are most of the other cars as well. The Ambrosiana and Aston Martin that other people are trying to sell are even two years old. Also, the OSCA is one of the cheapest top-level cars available, with just 27500 for a chassis, 17500 for an engine and 42500 for a combined package.

Silly polentone...why do you think it won? Because Ascari was driving! Rest in Peace, he was a fantastic wheelman stuck with mediocre machinery. Why do you think Renzo got rid of its OSCA equipment last season? It was worse than the stuff we have now! Plus, the equipment will only get you so far - you need top drivers to get the most out of the cars. So far only Sanesi is faster than Ramos in our Alfa, and he is on pole literally half the time!

Scuderia Adriatica makes a good point - it's time for the South to reclaim some industrial power from the Polentoni...a union further down the line is perhaps in order. Renzo, from the port town of Palermo, are coming close to acquring a big manufacturer team in a reverse merger. If Adriatica wants to do some long term planning, rather than spend all their money on a year-and-a-half old car halfway through this season, perhaps the newly manufactured Renzo cars for 1956 could be of interest to them - especially if a talented young Italian driver came along with the car!

Image Image
novitopoli
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by novitopoli »

The owners of Scuderia Adriatica would like to thank every fellow gentleman who has shown interest on this Grand Prix effort. We especially thank Scuderia Australasia for their offer, but, as an all-Italian team, we have decided to stick with Italian chassis-engine combinations, at least for the first times of what we hope will turn out to be a long-lasting, successful World Championship stint. We would also like to thank the O.S.C.A. works team for its interest!

Adriatica's keen, though, on buying the Ambrosiana-Ferrari package in order to enter, with a reasonable investment, at least some races in the current season, get a taste of Championship racing and build a solid foundation for further success.

For 1956, as long as our finances allow, we would then like to buy one of the newest Renzo cars, in a somehow groundbreaking all-Southern Italian deal.

Adriatica's now looking forward to sign a promising Italian driver.

Ataxia wrote:

Normal32

Post by Normal32 »

We would like to replace the Bentley Speed 4 chassis with the Cooper T41, except for URSS and Morocco.
There we will enter a second entry, using the Cooper T41 chassis - Ferrari 555 engine combo, with Oscar Galvez driving it.
For those two races, Webb will drive on the Ferrari chassis - FIAT engine combo.
Pasta_maldonado wrote:I think normal32 is an old English farmer re-incarnated
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Qualifying results
1. Giuseppe Farina (Alfa Romeo) - 4:18.49
2. Jack Brabham (Alfa Romeo) - 4:19.45
3. Peter Collins (B.C.M.A.) - 4:19.68
4. Consalvo Sanesi (Gordini) - 4:19.99
5. Desmond Titterington (Lancia) - 4:20.35
6. Dries van der Lof (Aston Martin-Jaguar) - 4:21.41
7. B. Bira (Aston Martin-Jaguar) - 4:21.54
8. Tony Brooks (B.C.M.A.) - 4:21.57
9. Maurice Trintignant (Aston Martin-Jaguar) - 4:21.58
10. Tony Bettenhausen (Aston Martin-Jaguar) - 4:22.68
11. Hernando da Silva Ramos (Alfa Romeo) - 4:22.91
12. Tony Gaze (Alfa Romeo) - 4:22.99
13. Stirling Moss (Bentley-O.S.C.A.) - 4:23.12
14. Robert Manzon (Gordini) - 4:23.17
15. Dorino Serafini (Alfa Romeo) - 4:23.25
16. Umberto Maglioli (B.C.M.A.) - 4:23.53
17. Harry Schell (Bentley) - 4:23.61
18. José Froilan Gonzalez (O.S.C.A.-Bentley) - 4:23.66
19. Giannino Marzotto (O.S.C.A.) - 4:24.23
20. Bib Stillwell (O.S.C.A.-Vanwall) - 4:24.44
21. Porfirio Rubirosa (Gordini) - 4:25.99
22. Toulo de Graffenried (Alfa Romeo-Jaguar) - 4:26.24
23. Jacques Swaters (O.S.C.A.-Bentley) - 4:26.58
24. Roger Loyer (Loyer-Porsche) - 4:27.67
25. Dennis Poore (Vanwall) - 4:27.87
26. Peter Whitehead (Bentley-O.S.C.A.) - 4:28.00
27. Mike Hawthorn (Vanwall) - 4:28.96
28. Lance Macklin (Ferrari) - 4:29.19
29. André Simon (Alfa Romeo-Jaguar) - 4:29.32
30. Ottorino Volonterio (O.S.C.A.) - 4:30.12
31. Alfonso de Portago (Loyer-Porsche) - 4:30.82
32. Cesare Perdisa (Ambrosiana-Ferrari) - 4:30.85
33. Alberto Uria (Ambrosiana-Alfa Romeo) - 4:30.87
34. André Pilette (Ferrari) - 4:31.18
35. André Guelfi (Lancia) - 4:31.67
36. Johnny Claes (Cooper-Jaguar) - 4:31.91
37. Roberto Mieres (Bentley-FIAT) - 4:32.06
38. Eugenio Castellotti (Porsche) - 4:32.19
39. David Hampshire (Bentley) - 4:32.76
40. Jean Behra (Porsche) - 4:33.48
41. Karl Kling (Aston Martin-Jaguar) - 4:34.23
42. Bernie Ecclestone (Mercedes-Bentley) - 4:34.28

Giuseppe Farina takes his ninth career pole position and the first for the new Alfa Romeo, with Brabham taking second. B.C.M.A. prove that they have the speed to match their budget, with Collins and Brooks both in the top ten and Maglioli not far behind. JAMR also put all four cars in the top ten, while all Renzos and Voecklers make the start, as do both Loyers. Guelfi will have to wait for his first start, as will EMW. In his final entry, Claes barely fails to make the cut, but as André Pilette did manage to scrape onto the grid, he will take over his car and start the race. David Hampshire also fails to qualify for the race, despite having finished second just two weeks ago.

tommykl

Post by tommykl »

novitopoli wrote:The owners of Scuderia Adriatica would like to thank every fellow gentleman who has shown interest on this Grand Prix effort. We especially thank Scuderia Australasia for their offer, but, as an all-Italian team, we have decided to stick with Italian chassis-engine combinations, at least for the first times of what we hope will turn out to be a long-lasting, successful World Championship stint. We would also like to thank the O.S.C.A. works team for its interest!

Adriatica's keen, though, on buying the Ambrosiana-Ferrari package in order to enter, with a reasonable investment, at least some races in the current season, get a taste of Championship racing and build a solid foundation for further success.

For 1956, as long as our finances allow, we would then like to buy one of the newest Renzo cars, in a somehow groundbreaking all-Southern Italian deal.

Adriatica's now looking forward to sign a promising Italian driver.

Seeing the interest you have in the deal with Renzo and how much all of this would cost, I believe a budget of £75 000 will do the trick.

For the drivers, you simply name a driver you wish to sign. If he isn't signed, I'll run the RNG to see if you sign him, if you don't, you can always try another driver.

Normal32 wrote:We would like to replace the Bentley Speed 4 chassis with the Cooper T41, except for URSS and Morocco.
There we will enter a second entry, using the Cooper T41 chassis - Ferrari 555 engine combo, with Oscar Galvez driving it.
For those two races, Webb will drive on the Ferrari chassis - FIAT engine combo.

Oscar "Gran Turismo" Galvez
1-85: Galvez does a couple of races in Europe
86-100: Oscar sticks to what he knows best and keeps on being awesome in Turismo Carretera
Result: 86
Galvez decides to stay in Argentina.

DemocalypseNow

Re: Alt-1955 - Spa qualifying up!

Post by DemocalypseNow »

That sounds like an agreement to me! After Spa, depending on whether Perdisa brings the car home in one piece or not, we'll fix any minor damages to the car/engine before sending them off to Adriatica.

If Adriatica is struggling to find a driver, Voecker would be willing to lend André Simon to them - he is available for the British, Scottish, Soviet, Italian, Portuguese and Moroccan GPs.

Image Image
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

And here is race performance.

Bettenhausen 29
Brooks 23
Brabham 13
Volonterio 12
Titterington 11
Whitehead 11
Serafini 7
Farina 6
Sanesi 5
Maglioli 5
Ramos 2
Rubirosa 0
Loyer 0
Poore 0
Collins -1
Swaters -1
Gaze -2
Stillwell -2
Marzotto -3
Macklin -4
Hawthorn -5
de Portago -6
van der Lof -7
Uria -7
Claes -9
de Graffenried -10
Simon -11
Perdisa -12
Trintignant -13
Schell -14
Manzon -17
Moss -18
Bira -19
Gonzalez -23

As per ENB's plan, Johnny Claes takes Pilette's place in the race itself. There will be 17 finishers maximum, so 17 retirements (not including collisions). There will be three engine failures, 3 Cat. 1 crashes and 1 Cat. 2 crash.

Normal32

Post by Normal32 »

Ok, since Oscar Galvez rejected our offer, i will offer the seat to the following drivers:

First, we will try to sign Juan Galvez.

If Juan reject us, then we will try our luck with Dante Emiliozzi.

If both reject us, then i will go to ask Antonio Asturias Hall for the seat.

If everyone reject us, then that entry will be shut down
Pasta_maldonado wrote:I think normal32 is an old English farmer re-incarnated
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Normal32 wrote:Ok, since Oscar Galvez rejected our offer, i will offer the seat to the following drivers:

First, we will try to sign Juan Galvez.

If Juan reject us, then we will try our luck with Pablo Birger.

If both reject us, then i will go to ask Antonio Asturias Hall for the seat.

If everyone reject us, then that entry will be shut down

Juan "Gran Turismo 2" Galvez
1-85: Galvez does a couple of races in Europe
86-100: Oscar sticks to what he knows best and keeps on being awesome in Turismo Carretera
Result: 80
Unlike Oscar, Juan accepts the offer and will do the two races in Estonia and Morocco.

DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Now that Chiron has moved to pastures new, Ecurie Voeckler will try to sign on Jean-Louis Rosier to become our reserve. Renzo will request similar services from Troy Ruttman, with the promise that he'll get an opportunity elsewhere later in the season regardless of what happens at Renzo.

Image Image
novitopoli
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by novitopoli »

So, Adriatica's first choices for their driver role are Gerino Gerini and a young, promising Sicilian driver: Nino Vaccarella.

Ataxia wrote:

DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

novitopoli wrote:So, Adriatica's first choices for their driver role are Gerino Gerini and a young, promising Sicilian driver: Nino Vaccarella.

I would advise against hiring a debutant - they tend not to do very well if you throw them in the deep end mid-season (see Wolfgang von Trips). But well, certainly Gerini would have been the driver I'd have offered you for 1956, where he'll have a thorough pre-season preperation to make sure he's ready to roll. As for Vaccarella...he didn't start enter a motor race of any kind until 1956, and didn't start racing in the top class of the Targa Florio until 1959. I imagine it'll be a few years yet before he'll appear in canon F1 - and certainly I will be pushing for it to be my team handing him his debut, what with Renzo being a Palermo based team! ;)

Image Image
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

novitopoli wrote:So, Adriatica's first choices for their driver role are Gerino Gerini and a young, promising Sicilian driver: Nino Vaccarella.

If you want an italian driver, i can always lend you semi-italian Bianchi!

Also, all ENB-contracted drivers are now 'on the market' for the rest of this year.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Biscione wrote:Now that Chiron has moved to pastures new, Ecurie Voeckler will try to sign on Jean-Louis Rosier to become our reserve. Renzo will request similar services from Troy Ruttman, with the promise that he'll get an opportunity elsewhere later in the season regardless of what happens at Renzo.

Jean-Louis "Son of my Father" Rosier
1-90: Signs for his father's former team as reserve
91-100: Continues to do the occasional sportscar race
Result: 89
After much consideration, Rosier is tempted as reserve driver for the Paris team.

Troy "Old kid on the block" Ruttman
1-95: Takes up Renzo's offer as reserve driver. Evidently, he knows something we don't...
96-100: Returns to America for the AAA championship
Result: 72
Ruttman takes on the reserve role for unclear reasons...

I won't run anything for Adriatica yet, because everyone is currently lobbying for their own drivers, so I'll wait for that to come to an end :P

novitopoli
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by novitopoli »

This wrote:

Also, all ENB-contracted drivers are now 'on the market' for the rest of this year.

Well, I think he could be a good choice for us for this first year, we could arrange a deal ;)

Ataxia wrote:

Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

novitopoli wrote:
This wrote:

Well, I think he could be a good choice for us for this first year, we could arrange a deal ;)

He's related to Jules, what more arguments do you need?
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Biscione wrote:Renzo has successfully acquired AR160 Chassis 3 and ARV8 Chassis 2 on loan for the Italian Grand Prix permanently for a price of £7,500. We'll try to bring in Clemar Bucci for a fourth car at the Italian GP.

Now that normal32's decided not to hire Bucci, time to RNG him.

Clemar "Clever" Bucci
1-85: Takes on the one-off drive at Renzo.
86-100: Sticks to the odd non-championship drive.
Result: 40
Clemar Bucci will drive the extra Renzo in Monza.

novitopoli
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by novitopoli »

This wrote:
novitopoli wrote:
This wrote:If you want an italian driver, i can always lend you semi-italian Bianchi!

He's related to Jules, what more arguments do you need?

I know ;) well let's do it!

Ataxia wrote:

tommykl

Post by tommykl »

June 5th 1955, Belgian Grand Prix

Farina got the best start, but made a slight mistake at Masta on the first lap and dropped to third, while Peter Collins took the race lead at la Source. On lap 2, Farina retook the lead, while Ramos' gearbox expired out of 11th position. Two laps later, Peter Whitehead's race was ended by a blown engine. Farina was still leading, with Peter Collins right on his tail, followed closely by Jack Brabham and Tony Brooks, who was losing a lot of time behind the Australian. He only made it through on lap 7, by which time Farina and Collins were quite far ahead. The lap before, Gonzalez and Macklin had retired from an oil leak and puncture respectively.

On lap 9, Dries van der Lof has a spin at la Source and stalled the car, retiring on the spot. Peter Collins then retired from second place with an engine failure, while Bira span out on his oil on lap 12. This left Farina in the lead, with Tony Brooks close behind and catching him. On lap 13, Brooks calmly passed Farina on the inside at Stavelot to take the lead for the first time in only his second start! At the halfway mark, Brooks led from Farina, Brabham, Tony Bettenhausen, Titterington and Gaze, followed by Sanesi, Trintignant, Serafini, Moss, Stillwell, Marzotto, Schell, Maglioli, Rubirosa, Swaters, Manzon, Poore, de Graffenried, Hawthorn, Volonterio, Perdisa, Loyer, Uria, Claes, Simon and de Portago.

On lap 17th, Bettenhausen retired due to a suspension failure. On the next lap, Serafini's engine expired, as did Perdisa's clutch, ending the day for Renzo and leaving 24 cars in the race, then 23 when Marzotto pulled out with brake issues. At the front, Titterington obviously had the pace to challenge for the win, but he was being expertly held up by Jack Brabham, who was holding on to third place. Further back, Alberto Uria span out at Stavelot after an anonymous race. With five laps left, Brabham and Titterington were catching up to Brooks and Farina. Schell retired from twelfth with a gearbox failure around this time.

On lap 22, Brabham caught Farina, who let his teammate through into second place, while expertly blocking Titterington. Loyer and Manzon had a clutch failure and span out respectively, while Brabham was destroying the gap between him and Brooks. With two laps left, he was raining down on Brooks, and slipstreamed through just before Blanchimont, setting the fastest lap of the race in the process. Brooks attempted to fight back, but couldn't find the pace. While Maglioli had an oil leak and de Graffenried's suspension failed, Brabham pulled away to a stunning victory, with Brooks easing up and settling for second place. Titterington finally passed Farina for third place on the final lap to score his first podium finish.

1. Jack Brabham (Alfa Romeo) - 1:52:31.75
2. Tony Brooks (B.C.M.A.) +35.11
3. Desmond Titterington (Lancia) +1:40.60
4. Giuseppe Farina (Alfa Romeo) +1:52.08
5. Consalvo Sanesi (Gordini) +1 lap
6. Tony Gaze (Alfa Romeo) +1 lap
7. Maurice Trintignant (Aston Martin-Jaguar) +1 lap
8. Stirling Moss (Bentley-O.S.C.A.) +1 lap
9. Bib Stillwell (O.S.C.A.-Vanwall) +1 lap
10. Porfirio Rubirosa (Gordini) +1 lap
11. Jacques Swaters (O.S.C.A.-Bentley) +2 laps
12. Ottorino Volonterio (O.S.C.A.) +2 laps
13. Mike Hawthorn (Vanwall) +2 laps
14. Dennis Poore (Vanwall) +2 laps
15. Umberto Maglioli (B.C.M.A.) +3 laps/Oil leak
16. Johnny Claes (Ferrari) +3 laps
17. Alfonso de Portago (Loyer-Porsche) +3 laps
18. André Simon (Alfa Romeo-Jaguar) +3 laps
Ret. Robert Manzon (Gordini) +4 laps/Spin
Ret. Toulo de Graffenried (Alfa Romeo-Jaguar) +4 laps/Suspension
Ret. Roger Loyer (Loyer-Porsche) +5 laps/Clutch
Ret. Harry Schell (Bentley) +6 laps/Gearbox
Ret. Dorino Serafini (Alfa Romeo) +8 laps/Engine
Ret. Giannino Marzotto (O.S.C.A.) +8 laps/Brakes
Ret. Alberto Uria (Ambrosiana-Alfa Romeo) +8 laps/Spin
Ret. Cesare Perdisa (Ambrosiana-Ferrari) +9 laps/Clutch
Ret. Tony Bettenhausen (Aston Martin-Jaguar) +9 laps/Suspension
Ret. B. Bira (Aston Martin-Jaguar) +14 laps/Spin
Ret. Peter Collins (B.C.M.A.) +16 laps/Engine
Ret. Dries van der Lof (Aston Martin-Jaguar) +17 laps/Spin
Ret. José Froilan Gonzalez (O.S.C.A.-Bentley) +20 laps/Oil leak
Ret. Lance Macklin (Ferrari) +20 laps/Puncture
Ret. Peter Whitehead (Bentley-O.S.C.A.) +22 laps/Engine
Ret. Hernando da Silva Ramos (Alfa Romeo) +24 laps/Gearbox

Fastest lap: Jack Brabham (Alfa Romeo) - 4:17.56

Championship standings
Drivers

1. Alberto Ascari - 13
2. Dries van der Lof - 9 (1 win, 2 Rets)
=. Jack Brabham - 9 (1 win, 2 Rets)
4. Consalvo Sanesi - 8
5. Tony Brooks - 6 (1 2nd, 1 Ret)
6. David Hampshire - 6 (1 2nd, 2 DNQs)
7. Desmond Titterington - 4 (1 3rd, 2 Rets)
8. Dorino Serafini - 4 (1 3rd, 1 Ret)
9. Porfirio Rubirosa - 4 (2 5ths)
10. Mike Hawthorn - 3 (1 4th, 1 13th)
11. Giuseppe Farina - 3 (1 4th, 2 Rets)
12. Maria Teresa de Filippis - 3 (1 4th, 1 Ret)
13. Maurice Trintignant - 1 (1 6th, 1 7th)
14. Robert Manzon - 1 (1 6th, 2 Rets)
=. Tony Gaze - 1 (1 6th, 2 Rets)

Constructors
1. Alfa Romeo - 13 (1 win, 1 3rd, 1 4th)
2. Phoenix-O.S.C.A. - 13 (1 win, 1 3rd, 1 DNPQ)
3. Gordini - 10
4. Aston Martin-Jaguar - 9
5. B.C.M.A. - 6 (1 2nd, 1 15th)
6. Bentley - 6 (1 2nd, 2 Rets)
7. Lancia - 4
8. O.S.C.A. - 3 (1 4th, 1 12th)
9. Vanwall - 3 (1 4th, 1 13th)

Entrants
1. Phoenix Racing Organisation - 13 (1 win, 1 3rd, 1 DNPQ)
2. Alexander Racing Team - 10
3. Alfa Romeo SpA - 9 (1 win, 1 4th)
4. Jaguar - Aston Martin Racing - 9 (1 win, 1 6th)
5. British Commonwealth Motorsport Association - 6 (1 2nd, 1 15th)
6. Hampshire Racing Alliance - 6 (1 2nd, 2 DNQs)
7. Officine Renzo - 4 (1 3rd, 4 Rets)
8. Irish Racing Association - 4 (1 3rd, 2 Rets)
9. Maria Teresa de Filippis - 3 (1 4th, 1 12th)
10. Vanwall - 3 (1 4th, 1 13th)

Post-race report up within the next few days.

Bobby Doorknobs

Re: Alt-1955 - Belgian Grand Prix up!

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

Third time lucky, third place. :D

And under the entrants standings, shouldn't it say "Irish Racing Association" instead of Lancia? Takagi's not getting away with leaving that easily. :P
#FreeGonzo
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Simtek wrote:Third time lucky, third place. :D

And under the entrants standings, shouldn't it say "Irish Racing Association" instead of Lancia? Takagi's not getting away with leaving that easily. :P

Also, Renzo is missing from the points list entirely!

Image Image
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Biscione wrote:

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about :P

DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Corriere della Sera wrote:Ferrari woes worsen as authorities expand tax evasion investigations

Scuderia Ferrari, once at the forefront of the Formula 1 World Championship, are a team in desperate trouble. At the turn of the year, Italian authorities seized the team's equipment for an ongoing investigation into alleged irregularities in the car maker's finances. Now, the same authorities have announced they are extending their investigation further, with no intention of unfreezing the team's assets to allow them to race.

However, there has been talk of external investors stepping in to buy a portion of the Ferrari business, to help pay off any debts and/or fines involved in the case, and get the team back into the world championship circus.

Recent rumours point to a north-south unification, with Sicilian businessman Renzo Bizzarri prepared to bankroll a takeover attempt of the Scuderia, following on from the recent success his ever-growing garage business in his local province. His team, run by his son and regular Targa Florio competitor Simone Bizzarri, has already expanded in 1955, running works spec Alfa Romeos with mixed success. Their ambitions are said to be big, and combining with an existing manufacturer is apparently an attractive proposition to them, as long as they can finance such a deal.

The Scotsman wrote:Local team to enter first F1 World Championship race in Scotland

As the excitement builds for the first ever round of the Formula 1 World Championship hosted in the capital city, local racing team Ecurie Ecosse, who will compete later this month in the Le Mans 24 Hours race, have announced they will field an entry into the race, with team manager David Murray piloting an as yet undecided car in the event.

OOC: I have authorisation for this one-off entry. I would like to rent Escuderia Hernandez's Cooper T41 and mate it to a Jaguar JFE-2 engine that JAMR has in reserve. The price for these rentals are non-negotiable and will be set by tommykl.

In other news, we'll be nice and fix the £3,000 odd worth of damage to one of the Ambrosiana chassis before sending both of them off (plus the Ferrari engine) to Scuderia Adriatica.

Image Image
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

tommykl wrote:
Biscione wrote:

Also, Alfa Romeo have a little bit more than 13 in the constructors list and more than 9 in the entrants list.
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

DanielPT wrote:
tommykl wrote:
Biscione wrote:Also, Renzo is missing from the points list entirely!

Also, Alfa Romeo have a little bit more than 13 in the constructors list and more than 9 in the entrants list.

Nope. Only the top car in a given race scores points in those championships. Brabham scored nine points for you, so Farina and Gaze's places don't count.

DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

tommykl wrote:
DanielPT wrote:

Nope. Only the top car in a given race scores points in those championships. Brabham scored nine points for you, so Farina and Gaze's places don't count.

Forgot about that. But it was worth a try though! :D

Also, I contest Renzo's sniffing around Ferrari. This prestigious brand deserves to be acquired by a decent Italian brand. Like, say, Alfa Romeo.
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

DanielPT wrote:
tommykl wrote:
DanielPT wrote:

Forgot about that. But it was worth a try though! :D

Also, I contest Renzo's sniffing around Ferrari. This prestigious brand deserves to be acquired by a decent Italian brand. Like, say, Alfa Romeo.

Biscione got to it first and has been busy arranging all the details on the chat. It's too late for that :P

Also, regarding the whole deal with Ecurie Ecosse, I'll make everything clearer in the post-race report.