Bad news for Australian F1 fans without pay TV

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Frogfoot9013

Bad news for Australian F1 fans without pay TV

Post by Frogfoot9013 »

I'm not an Aussie, but I thought I'd break this bad news anyway.
http://www.speedcafe.com/2015/02/09/fox ... -schedule/
James Hunt, commentating on the 1991 German Grand Prix wrote:The Benettons looking very smart together on the track, mostly because they're both going so slowly.
dr-baker

Re: Bad news for Australian F1 fans without pay TV

Post by dr-baker »

Frogfoot9013 wrote:I'm not an Aussie, but I thought I'd break this bad news anyway.

As a UK resident, I sympathise with your plight. Sucks, doesn't it?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

dr-baker wrote:
Frogfoot9013 wrote:I'm not an Aussie, but I thought I'd break this bad news anyway.

As a UK resident, I sympathise with your plight. Sucks, doesn't it?

To be fair, Channel Ten's coverage was garbage anyway. Hopefully this means that we get a bit less of AUSTRALIA'S DANIEL RICCIARDO every 4 seconds :lol:
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
AustralianStig

Post by AustralianStig »

Siiiiiigh.

There really should be a subscription-based service for just F1. I don't wanna spend money on a bajillion channels I'll never watch.
Join the GP Rejects league at Fantasy F1: https://fantasy.formula1.com/join/?=2a1f25

CoopsII wrote:
Biscione wrote:To the surprise of no-one, Daniil Kvyat wins ROTR for Sochi, by a record margin that may not be surpassed for some time.

I always knew Marko read this forum.
HawkAussie

Post by HawkAussie »

This is so stupid, I didn't mind having all of the races on free to air TV
Officially Retired
TheFlyingCaterham

Post by TheFlyingCaterham »

To be honest, I don't even get the point of having pay TV channels. Sure it gives the companies money, but it significantly lowers the number of viewers on the channel.

Another nail in the coffin then :/
Resident Track Designer Addict

2016 F1Rejects Track Designing Competition Champion
2017 F1Rejects Track Designing Competition Runner-Up

More of a reader than a poster on these forums, so I won't post much compared to others.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

TheFlyingCaterham wrote:To be honest, I don't even get the point of having pay TV channels. Sure it gives the companies money, but it significantly lowers the number of viewers on the channel.

Yes, but it gives the companies money NOW, they don't care about anything else.
Just For One Day...
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

Welcome to our world Australia.
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
David AGS

Post by David AGS »

I have PAY TV so for sure its good for me, what I don't understand is why all races are not on free to air.

Ok, take qualifying and all that but al least bare minimum have races on live.

What also surprises me that there will be a full replay, but like at times almost 24 hrs after the race!
Miserable Thierry (Boutsen) staggers round mostly on ten cylinders (out of 12) with no clutch, low oil pressure, bad brakes and no grip to finish tenth, 3 laps down...

(Murray Walkers review of Boutsen's Brazil 1991 race).

Thats a point these days!
RAK

Post by RAK »

AustralianStig wrote:Siiiiiigh.

There really should be a subscription-based service for just F1. I don't wanna spend money on a bajillion channels I'll never watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0sAVtOt2wA
Predicament Predictions Champion, 2011, 2018, 2019

They weren't the world's most competent team,
In fact, to be believed, their results must be seen,
Lola,
M-Mastercard Lola,
L, O, L, A, Lola!
AustralianStig

Post by AustralianStig »

RAK wrote:
AustralianStig wrote:Siiiiiigh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0sAVtOt2wA

That made my nipples uncomfortable.
Join the GP Rejects league at Fantasy F1: https://fantasy.formula1.com/join/?=2a1f25

CoopsII wrote:
Biscione wrote:To the surprise of no-one, Daniil Kvyat wins ROTR for Sochi, by a record margin that may not be surpassed for some time.

I always knew Marko read this forum.
Alex Caffi

Post by Alex Caffi »

Now you know how us Brits feel! Sky have taken all the live races and put them behind a pay wall just like they did with the football (or soccer as you guys like to call it) on the BBC we get about 10 races live but rest are in highlights form. We was so used to races being free to air on the BBC and ITV over the years so we was lucky. I actually watch illegal streams now if a race I want to see isnt live on BBC.

I feel that you Aussies have an even worse deal though! no action at all? :shock:
MinardiFan95

Post by MinardiFan95 »

Alex Caffi wrote:Now you know how us Brits feel! Sky have taken all the live races and put them behind a pay wall just like they did with the football (or soccer as you guys like to call it) on the BBC we get about 10 races live but rest are in highlights form. We was so used to races being free to air on the BBC and ITV over the years so we was lucky. I actually watch illegal streams now if a race I want to see isnt live on BBC.

I feel that you Aussies have an even worse deal though! no action at all? :shock:

We do get 9 races live with the terrible Australian commentators (was meant to be 10 until the German GP was cancelled - Channel Ten have announced there is no live replacement) and highlights at 9:30pm the next night with the BBC commentators on the delayed races.
This is a cool spot.
Alex Caffi

Post by Alex Caffi »

MinardiFan95 wrote:
Alex Caffi wrote:Now you know how us Brits feel! Sky have taken all the live races and put them behind a pay wall just like they did with the football (or soccer as you guys like to call it) on the BBC we get about 10 races live but rest are in highlights form. We was so used to races being free to air on the BBC and ITV over the years so we was lucky. I actually watch illegal streams now if a race I want to see isnt live on BBC.

We do get 9 races live with the terrible Australian commentators (was meant to be 10 until the German GP was cancelled - Channel Ten have announced there is no live replacement) and highlights at 9:30pm the next night with the BBC commentators on the delayed races.

We get highlights on the same day so for the far away races it gets repeated at 2pm in the afternoon but its the full race so I spose you could say delayed coverage and some other races are just an hour and are put on BBC3 about 7 at night.
Aguaman

Post by Aguaman »

I didn't know this was happening until just before the Aussie GP. Personally I don't mind since I have Pay TV for like every single sport possible. I need it for A-League, EPL, cricket, AFL and tennis plus other sports but yeah I guess with no ad breaks and with practice sessions, it is awesome.

I feel bad for people who don't have the money or pay TV because it is total suckitude.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Aguaman wrote:I didn't know this was happening until just before the Aussie GP. Personally I don't mind since I have Pay TV for like every single sport possible. I need it for A-League, EPL, cricket, AFL and tennis plus other sports but yeah I guess with no ad breaks and with practice sessions, it is awesome.

I feel bad for people who don't have the money or pay TV because it is total suckitude.

Or perhaps, don't feel comfortable handing all their money over to the wretched hive of scum and villainy that is the Murdoch family.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image