The 2016 Italian Grand Prix Thread

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Paul Hayes

Re: The 2016 Italian Grand Prix Thread

Post by Paul Hayes »

I'm glad Rosberg won again, to keep the title fight interesting. It should hopefully be an exciting end to the season.
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

I only saw the first half-hour, but apparently there wasn't too much action in the second half. One thing I noticed was how quickly Rosberg sped away from the Ferraris in the opening laps. It gets me thinking that it may be less down to an increase in speed by Ferrari, and more to do with a bogey-track for Red Bull. This was Ferrari's chance to take the fight to Mercedes in Red Bull's absence, and while they were in the correct positions on the track, they weren't actually challenging.

Also, great to see Rosberg win. Me included said that the title fight was over after Hungary/Germany. How happy I am to be proven wrong!
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

I liked this race. I agree with tommykl, it wasn't all action, but it didn't have any long stagnant periods to make it boring. And Rosberg winning helped a lot, although I feel it's more about Hamilton losing. I want Rosberg to win the championship because he's faster, not because of Hamilton throwing it away....
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

I was really pleased Rosberg won and it was nice to hear that Hamilton had owned up to the start being his mistake rather than blame some imaginary technical gremlins.

Also, did anyone else love Alonso laughing at his engineer like a maniac?
Just For One Day...
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

CoopsII wrote:I was really pleased Rosberg won and it was nice to hear that Hamilton had owned up to the start being his mistake rather than blame some imaginary technical gremlins.

Also, did anyone else love Alonso laughing at his engineer like a maniac?

Oh, that's what that laughing was? It sounded like someone getting increasingly unhinged :| .
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
Spectoremg

Post by Spectoremg »

Um... anyone seen the ROTR/IIDOTR threads?
WeirdKerr
Location: on the edge of nowhere with a ludicrous grid penalty.....

Post by WeirdKerr »

i'm noticing more and more that about 8 laps in I'm just sitting looking at stuff on the web and when the race finishes I'm like oh is that it.... seriously thinking about slapping some dulux on a wall and watching that dry instead.....
TheFlyingCaterham

Post by TheFlyingCaterham »

Spectoremg wrote:Um... anyone seen the ROTR/IIDOTR threads?

Somewhere off in Narnia would be my best guess.
Resident Track Designer Addict

2016 F1Rejects Track Designing Competition Champion
2017 F1Rejects Track Designing Competition Runner-Up

More of a reader than a poster on these forums, so I won't post much compared to others.
golic_2004

Post by golic_2004 »

Mine would be:
1. Haas for blowing another points opportunity. I mean good grief.
2. Verstappen for being mostly anonymous, at least on NBC Sports.

And the (did)honorable mention would go to Biscione for not even starting the thread
Williams in the last few years http://imgur.com/sNFFMYF
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

They had to be closed and deleted due to the amount of infighting. On the ROTR thread there were violent clashes between those who voted 'the race itself' and those who voted 'F1 itself' as neither would back down over which was the more terrible. Meanwhile, over on the IIDOTR thread us Rio Haryanto voters caused all kinds of chaos to the point where Biscione decided to give the award to Haryanto ad infinitum in the hope it would shut us up.

But it won't.
Just For One Day...
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

I think we can all safely agree that Haryanto gets the IIDOTR award for being beautiful, and Biscione, all hail Biscione gets ROTR for not making the threads :P
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Aislabie

Post by Aislabie »

I can get behind ROTR for Biscione, but IIDOTR to Simona de Silvestro please.
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

Rob Dylan wrote:I think we can all safely agree that Haryanto gets the IIDOTR award for being beautiful, and Biscione, all hail Biscione gets ROTR for not making the threads :P

There's nothing stopping any of us from opening the threads :P
#FreeGonzo
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

[quote="Aislabie"IIDOTR to Simona de Silvestro please.[/quote]
A man after my own heart.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Aislabie

Post by Aislabie »

dr-baker wrote:
Aislabie wrote:IIDOTR to Simona de Silvestro please.

There's another kind of man?
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

Simtek wrote:
Rob Dylan wrote:I think we can all safely agree that Haryanto gets the IIDOTR award for being beautiful, and Biscione, all hail Biscione gets ROTR for not making the threads :P

There's nothing stopping any of us from opening the threads :P

We...don't usually contradict Biscione around here...best just to leave things the way they are... :|
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

dr-baker wrote:

It's not your heart he's after it's her {MODERATOR EDITED} he wants to get his hands on...
Just For One Day...
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

CoopsII wrote:
dr-baker wrote:

It's not your heart he's after it's her {MODERATOR EDITED} he wants to get his hands on...

Says who? Do i smell jealousy?
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

CoopsII wrote:
dr-baker wrote:

This wrote: Says who? Do i smell jealousy?

Image[/quote]
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Great photo Dr. I don't know what the fuss about Danica Patrick is. She rarely seems to smile and she's somewhat overrated as a racer. I'd choose Simona every time.
Just For One Day...
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

Goodness, my picture of you 2 is getting a lot of airtime on this photo, I might have guessed!

Simona was very happy to have pictures taken that day, which is more than can be said for the championship winning team / driver. Which was quite impressive given how much trouble Andretti were having that day. So I'm a fan of hers too actually.
lance_rambert

Post by lance_rambert »

CoopsII wrote:Great photo Dr. I don't know what the fuss about Danica Patrick is. She rarely seems to smile and she's somewhat overrated as a racer. I'd choose Simona every time.

That fuss might be due to some modeling photoshoot she did for... I'm totally guessing here, Sports Illustrated? I know of Danica doing some high-profile magazine photoshoot at some point, but never cared enough (and still don't) to fully connect the dots. I'm sure that's floating somewhere around the interwebs.

Saying she's a "somewhat" overrated driver is a bit of an understatement, but that's a whole other deal that will take me forever to dive into. To add to that, I'm not aware of any obnoxious sh*tfits coming from Simona, but oh boy, I could fill a small book with all of Danica's.
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

This result reminds me why I put Rosberg as 2nd in my mid-season driver rankings. Most of these lists are clouded by recent events and races rather than taking seasons as a whole (I recall Grosjean was ranked ridiculously highly on the 2013 year-end list after his late-season success), and while he's dropped the ball on an occasion or two this year, this is definitely the strongest Rosberg campaign for the championship so far.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

CoopsII wrote:Great photo Dr. I don't know what the fuss about Danica Patrick is. She rarely seems to smile and she's somewhat overrated as a racer. I'd choose Simona every time.

Got Barbazza to thank for taking the photo, I don't really do selfies. Just wish I had adjusted my jacket so that you could see the Minardi patch that had been sewn onto it.
MCard LOLA
Aislabie

Post by Aislabie »

Let's not forget Beitske Visser. My life definitely needs 100% more Beitske Visser in it.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Aislabie wrote:

Let's not forget Beitske Visser. My life definitely needs 100% more Beitske Visser in it.

Who doesn't! ;)
MCard LOLA