2016 Singapore GP: ROTR

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
DemocalypseNow

2016 Singapore GP: ROTR

Post by DemocalypseNow »

You know how it is. 10pts for 1st, 6pts for 2nd.

Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Aguaman

Re: 2016 Singapore GP: ROTR

Post by Aguaman »

10 - Bottas' seatbelt.

6 - Martin Brundle - Suggesting that drivers haveing more control is ruining races when Verstappen was down in 10th. A bit too fanboy.

Ahh crap I forgot about the marshal running on the track like a movie. Feels so long ago lol

Lol can I withdraw mine?
Last edited by Aguaman on 18 Sep 2016, 14:18, edited 2 times in total.
golic_2004

Post by golic_2004 »

1. Race Control for having the race go green while a safety worker has to run for his life...
2. Romain Grosjean with not even being able to start after a HORRIBLE weekend.
Williams in the last few years http://imgur.com/sNFFMYF
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

1. Race Control - Open and shut ROTR for endangering the life of that marshal. Really thought we were gonna see another Tom Pryce there. :|

2. Romain Grosjean's car - Was there anything not broken on it? :P
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Meatwad

Post by Meatwad »

1. Williams: Another weekend to forget. They had a chance to extend their lead over Force India but failed spectacularly. A nightmare race for Bottas, and Massa finished outside the points after a brilliant start.
2. Nico Rosberg's strategy: Sure, he won the race, but Mercedes' strange strategy call almost cost him the win. It was a baffling decision not to pit him.
lance_rambert

Post by lance_rambert »

1. Race Control - I don't know what in the F**K that g****** marshal was f**king thinking! It's also the second year in a row something this stupidly dangerous happens! Throwing shades of that awful race accident in 1977 seals it.

2. Romain Grosjean's Car - A crappy weekend with a crappy car apparently made of paper mache. Topped off with a DNS. Well done, Haas.

HM: Ferrari's strategists should be put in a straight jacket after gifting Hamilton yet another podium.

Edit: Chase Elliott's Pit Crew and Michael McDowell are another couple HMs. I did not like how the Chicago NASCAR race ended.
Last edited by lance_rambert on 18 Sep 2016, 21:39, edited 1 time in total.
rachel1990

Post by rachel1990 »

1- race control. Why on earth was that Marshall still on track when the race restarted. Could have had a fatality today.

2- lewis Hamilton. A quite poor weekend all round. Yes he had brake issues but can he see the title going away from him?
Benetton of 1992. Never a reject
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

Meatwad wrote:2. Nico Rosberg's strategy: Sure, he won the race, but Mercedes' strange strategy call almost cost him the win. It was a baffling decision not to pit him.

He said after the race that pitting was not a safe option as he would have been released directly into traffic.

My noms:

1. Race control - Worrying sight...

2. Ferrari strategists - Enough has been said of them this year.
#FreeGonzo
mario

Post by mario »

I must admit that I only saw the very early stages of the race, but that was enough to make a decision.

1. Race Control/Circuit officials - something seems to have gone badly wrong there, and really it was more luck than skill that enabled that marshal to get out of the way.

Rosberg noted that the instruction to restart the race was given much more suddenly than he was expecting it to be, as if race control were almost in too much of a rush to get the race back underway. The FIA, meanwhile, have claimed that one of the circuit officials, having told race control that the marshals had left the track, decided to order that marshal back out onto the circuit without warning race control. http://www.autosport.com/news/report.ph ... k-incident

Either way, neither side comes out of this with glory - the circuit officials were reckless, whilst it sounds as if, given that each lap behind the safety car is quite lengthy, were a little too eager to get going. It's just fortunate that it is costing somebody their reputation instead of their life...

2. Grosjean and his car - it certainly was a weekend to forget for Grosjean, as those problems with his car turned into something of a nightmare that culminated in his first DNS. Mind you, it has to be said that, with those problems disrupting his weekend, his performance suffered quite a bit as well - he was a bit out of sorts all weekend, and was pretty exasperated about it by the end.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

1) Race control for obvious reasons
2) Haas as a whole, not only because RoGro suffered a weekend of endless problems/incidents, but they managed with just miss out on a points finish (again!) with Gut^2
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
Spectoremg

Post by Spectoremg »

1. Bottas - did he seriously think dicing with cars and mechanics in the pitlane was sensible?
2. Race stewards for not punishing the above.

HM: Verstappen's whining - again.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Spectoremg wrote:1. Bottas - did he seriously think dicing with cars and mechanics in the pitlane was sensible?
2. Race stewards for not punishing the above.

HM: Verstappen's whining - again.

To be fair, that was the lollipop man's fault for giving Bottas "all clear" even though Vettel was right beside him.

I do agree that there should've been a penalty for unsafe release, though.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
This Could Be You

Post by This Could Be You »

Lots of choice for once:

1. Williams: Again poor when they needed to challenge Force India, even when considering that this is a street circuit.
2. Moaning (especially by Verstappen/Hamilton): Complaining over radio and in interviews over the slightest thing, when everyone else is dealing with it just fine just highlights how arrogant and petulant you are and got the two in question nowhere. (ironic rant over)

DHM:
Ericsson: finished well behind his teammate after good qualifying.
Gutierrez: ANOTHER ELEVENTH. :x
Ocon: seemed strangely out of his depth
Ferrari strategists: their bizzare pit strategy (or lack thereof) lost Raikkonen a podium
Your Signature Here

Named after HRT, now on HRT
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

1. Romain Grosjean's car - I feel like I barely saw him in the car all weekend. Problems in Practice 1 and Practice 2, a crash in qualifying that caused him to start near the back, and then the car not even making the grid due to further problems. So rejectful.
2. Lewis Hamilton - I couldn't find anything nearly as rejectful as Grosjean, so I'm just going to nominate Hamilton's poor race weekend. He was on the backfoot all weekend, made numerous errors in practice, qualified behind Ricciardo and presented no challenge to the Red Bull throughout the race. He was lucky to get 3rd, and that was 90% due to the fact he was driving a Mercedes.

HM to Manor for firing Haryanto
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
AustralianStig

Post by AustralianStig »

My votes:

golic_2004 wrote:1. Race Control for having the race go green while a safety worker has to run for his life..

Aguaman wrote:2. Martin Brundle - Suggesting that drivers having more control is ruining races when Verstappen was down in 10th. A bit too fanboy.
Join the GP Rejects league at Fantasy F1: https://fantasy.formula1.com/join/?=2a1f25

CoopsII wrote:
Biscione wrote:To the surprise of no-one, Daniil Kvyat wins ROTR for Sochi, by a record margin that may not be surpassed for some time.

I always knew Marko read this forum.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

1 - On board footage. I liked F1 in the nineties but that quality of the pictures from the cars on Sunday reminded me it wasn't all good.
2 - Race control - On the proviso it doesn't emerge that the marshall in question had been told to clear the track but went back on for a souvenir.
Just For One Day...
Aislabie

Post by Aislabie »

Simtek wrote:1. Race control - Worrying sight...

2. Ferrari strategists - Enough has been said of them this year.

+1
More_Blue_Flags

Post by More_Blue_Flags »

1. Race Control, for blindingly obvious reasons.
2. Haas (and in particular, Grosjean's car).
CoopsII wrote:Wouldnt it be lovely if just for once someone said "I really want to emulate Boutsen and get a decent, if not spectacular, result with some solid points".
EuroBrun

Post by EuroBrun »

1. Williams: as often happens in slow-corners circuits the Martini cars dropped on the edge of top-10, sometimes even outside. Singapore is no exception.

2. Haas: Well, everything has already been said: they are still new to this circus, but the last weekend was a nightmare for Grosjean.