2016 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - IIDOTR

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
lance_rambert

2016 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - IIDOTR

Post by lance_rambert »

Here's the last chance of the year to pick out your first and second most surprising entities on track.

My Picks:

...watching a replay. I got nothing yet.
UncreativeUsername37

Re: 2016 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - IIDOTR

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

1. Verstappen; to spin and finish where he did with no safety cars or such to help (unless I'm forgetting something) is pretty amazing
2. Wehrlein; Q2
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
Meatwad

Post by Meatwad »

1. Max Verstappen: Destroyed his team mate who is one of the best drivers in the field. He finished just a few seconds behind the Mercedes after dropping to the back on first lap – it makes me wonder what he could have done without that mistake.
2. Manor Racing: They may have missed out on 10th in the championship but they showed what they can do on a good weekend. Wehrlein's Q2 appearance was impressive and the race was one of their best to date: 13th and 14th ahead of both Saubers and a Renault.
novitopoli
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by novitopoli »

1. Max Verstappen - great comeback, one wonders what he could have done without the first-corner spin.
2. Ferrari - They somehow didn't completely botch their strategy this time around. Yeah, this is "improbable" enough nowadays.
sw3ishida wrote:Jolyon Palmer brought us closer as a couple, for which I am grateful.

Ataxia wrote:
Londoner wrote:Something I've thought about - what happens to our canon should we have a worldwide recession or some other outside event?

We'll be fine. It's Canon, non Kodak.
Aguaman

Post by Aguaman »

1. Sebastian Vettel - Made things look pretty interesting for a while.

2. Paris Hilton - Randomly appeared and not due to TMZ.

HM - Max Verstappen but really not surprised. Same as Fernando too.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

1 - The race. I expected a dull race and thanks to Hamilton it was anything but. To those with still twisted knickers this morning, I ask, do you want interesting races or not? Would Hamilton disappearing into the distance, as he clearly could have, been preferable to what we watched yesterday?
Just For One Day...
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

1. The race - As Coops said, it wasn't shite

2. Esteban Ocon - Good effort from him, beating Wehrlein again. I'm excited to see what he can do at Force India.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
golic_2004

Post by golic_2004 »

1. Max Verstappen: From a spin on the first lap to a 4th place finish without a safety car shows that he is the real deal.
2. Esteban Ocon: outpacing Wehrlein and showing he is worth a seat in Force India for next year. (I think that signing gave him a confidence boost)
Williams in the last few years http://imgur.com/sNFFMYF