One For DonTirri

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
coops

One For DonTirri

Post by coops »

"Aerodynamics is for those who cannot manufacture good engines."
-Enzo Ferrari
Phoenix

Re: One For DonTirri

Post by Phoenix »

We knew that already. So much for his Iceman nickname.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

coops wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGCJMdUwOaE&feature=related

Hah, even the footage has been taken from the Finnish sports news on MTV3.

In his defense, even back when this happened I think that PHC went a bit too close for comfort there, and Kimi decided to make himself some more room.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
coops

Post by coops »

Nuppiz wrote:

In his defense...

In my opinion, no defence is required. More drivers should be so unconcerned about PR. Dont get me wrong, I wouldnt want to see a rush of drivers knocking infants over but we need to see drivers with a bit of fire in their bellies (especially if we dont always get to see it on the track).
-Enzo Ferrari
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

coops wrote:
Nuppiz wrote:

In his defense...

In my opinion, no defence is required. More drivers should be so unconcerned about PR. Dont get me wrong, I wouldnt want to see a rush of drivers knocking infants over but we need to see drivers with a bit of fire in their bellies (especially if we dont always get to see it on the track).

Do they have to prove his bravado by pushing people around? That act is completely unjustifiable for a professional sportsman. Cahier was only doing his work, he was not doing like those paparazzis who constantly harass the people not only by filming or taking photos of them but by asking questions repetitively. If he was unconfortable, he could've asked him politely to leave him alone. Or is he too cool to do so?
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

I've saw the first one before, but not the second one.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
coops

Post by coops »

Phoenix wrote:Cahier was only doing his work, he was not doing like those paparazzis who constantly harass the people not only by filming or taking photos of them but by asking questions repetitively. If he was unconfortable, he could've asked him politely to leave him alone. Or is he too cool to do so?[/

Through a flame-proof balaclava (love that word), a helmet and using not his native tongue? Nah. I'd have shoved him away too.

I dont think its a 'cool' issue I think its a 'character' issue. In these situations perhaps we should ask the question What Would Nick Heidfeld Do? To which the answer would perhaps be your suggestion, at the end of which the photographer would have either nodded off with boredom or simply wandered off to take a picture of an interesting driver.
-Enzo Ferrari
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

coops wrote:
Phoenix wrote:Cahier was only doing his work, he was not doing like those paparazzis who constantly harass the people not only by filming or taking photos of them but by asking questions repetitively. If he was unconfortable, he could've asked him politely to leave him alone. Or is he too cool to do so?[/

Through a flame-proof balaclava (love that word), a helmet and using not his native tongue? Nah. I'd have shoved him away too.

I dont think its a 'cool' issue I think its a 'character' issue. In these situations perhaps we should ask the question What Would Nick Heidfeld Do? To which the answer would perhaps be your suggestion, at the end of which the photographer would have either nodded off with boredom or simply wandered off to take a picture of an interesting driver.

Well, it's a question of perspective, I suppose, but still, I find pushing people quite rude, specially if you're supposed to handle pressure better than many other people.
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

SAVE THE JOURNALISTS
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

thehemogoblin wrote:SAVE THE JOURNALISTS

+1 as a future Whole Spanish Press member.
DonTirri
Location: Herttoniemi, Helsinki, Finland, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way.

Post by DonTirri »

Räikkönen is only human. The first one was just a mistake, and it was the bloody woman who K.O'ed the girl, Kimi merely shoved HER aside in his rush.

And on the second... I woulda pushed the guy too. The media-personnel nowadays are stupidly pushy (no pun intended) in their quest to get interviews/pictures.

And I think I've stated it already a few times, I don't give a flying Ide what Kimi does outside the cockpit, inside it is what counts and there Kimi is one of the quickest men ever.
I got Pointed Opinions and I ain't afraid to use em!
F1rejects no.1Räikkönen and Vettel fan.
BTW, thats Räikkönen with two K's and two N's. Not Raikonnen (Raikkonen is fine if you have no umlauts though)
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

Here's the photo by Cahier.
coops

Post by coops »

There you are then. He doesnt look particulary angry now does he?
-Enzo Ferrari
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

"I'm gonna eat your inners with a glass of vodka."
DonTirri
Location: Herttoniemi, Helsinki, Finland, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way.

Post by DonTirri »

coops wrote:There you are then. He doesnt look particulary angry now does he?

He's called iceman for a reason. He doesn't show his emotions, but that doesn't mean he doesnt have em!
I got Pointed Opinions and I ain't afraid to use em!
F1rejects no.1Räikkönen and Vettel fan.
BTW, thats Räikkönen with two K's and two N's. Not Raikonnen (Raikkonen is fine if you have no umlauts though)