The craziest idea you've ever heard...

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
DemocalypseNow

The craziest idea you've ever heard...

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Community Podcasts.

They're not that bad are they?

While the regular service of Jamie MacGregor and Enoch Law presenting podcasts may have returned, lets be honest, it's only on a part time basis. The void has only been partially filled, something needs to plug the gaping hole that still exists.

So...I had a brainstorm. Not usually a good thing mind, and maybe I'll prove it with this next idea.

But, I present to you, the strangest idea you'll have heard all week...

The F1 Rejects LIVE Pre-Race Show. (a.k.a. the F1 Rejects CFD Edition, Part Deux)

Why Live? Because we can. And airing complaints from angry listeners live during the show could be funny (did I mention you'll be able to Skype to the presenters during the show?)
Why pre-race? Because its the only time anyone will bother to be online, otherwise literally no-one would listen to it.
And who knows, maybe if we get egged on enough we might go crazy and have a crack at some commentary? We'd probably be better than Heiko Wasser or That-Italian-Bloke-Who-Can't-Say-Anyone's-Name-Right...maybe :?

Alternatively we could do a pre-recorded mini-podcast or something...I dunno.

Me & ADx_Wales aka the Community Podcast's founding fathers are up for it - and hopefully TimmyB (the only reason it's any good at all) will be avaliable to do it...otherwise we're screwed :?

Thoughts everyone? Pointless project? Stroke of genius? Will anyone listen/care? I already have all the technology and so on to get it done, its only a matter of getting the hosts and actually doing it.

The show would also be recorded to be listened to later...just in case someting funny is actually said.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: The craziest idea you've ever heard...

Post by shinji »

I'd listen to it.

It'd beat cringing at Eddie Jordan multiple times anyway.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

shinji wrote:I'd listen to it.

It'd beat cringing at Eddie Jordan multiple times anyway.

I thought you had RTL in Dublin not the BBC...

Image Image
ADx_Wales
Location: The Fortress of Sofatude, with a laptop and a penchant for buying now TV day passes for F1 races.

Post by ADx_Wales »

RTE

I'd be amazed if the German shoddy coverage got aired In that direction.
"The worst part of my body that hurt in the fire was my balls" Gerhard Berger on Imola 1989
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

ADx_Wales wrote:RTE

I'd be amazed if the German shoddy coverage got aired In that direction.

Whateva, its the same damn thing to me...RTL, RTE, RET...nah wait, that's the channel Andrea De Cesaris commentates for.

Image Image
Enforcer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Enforcer »

RTE stopped covering F1 when Midland bought Jordan.

Setanta Sports, which no one actually bothers getting, show it in Ireland now. So we're stuck with the BBC's collection of souless, personality devoid commentators.
ADx_Wales
Location: The Fortress of Sofatude, with a laptop and a penchant for buying now TV day passes for F1 races.

Post by ADx_Wales »

Anyone skype enabled?

adx_wales

fire away.
"The worst part of my body that hurt in the fire was my balls" Gerhard Berger on Imola 1989
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

I would listen to it.

I would listen to anything Rejects related. :oops: :?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

So...initial tests are positive. The live streaming software is working bar an occasional blip in the stream. However my headset still does not work :?

Image Image
ADx_Wales

Post by ADx_Wales »

Its a blip that was happening every 5 minutes
but then in the last 5 minutes a blip did not happen.
ADx_Wales

Post by ADx_Wales »

The blip seems to be BANG on ever 5 minute. 10.45
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Hmmmm...we could give it a go.
TimmyB

Post by TimmyB »

Oh cool, I'd heard this mentioned somewhere before and am looking forward to seeing how it pans out.

Unfortunately I fear that my geographic location of a remote island on the other side of the world may introduce a limiting factor to my participation, given the shoddy broadband speeds that are available.

kostas / ADx remember how I sounded when there was 4 of us online. I'd be better off using a phone line, EJ style!
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

TimmyB wrote:Oh cool, I'd heard this mentioned somewhere before and am looking forward to seeing how it pans out.

Unfortunately I fear that my geographic location of a remote island on the other side of the world may introduce a limiting factor to my participation, given the shoddy broadband speeds that are available.

kostas / ADx remember how I sounded when there was 4 of us online. I'd be better off using a phone line, EJ style!

I would participate as well but I would be limited because of this aswell
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
ADx_Wales

Post by ADx_Wales »

Tim, Understood, but Kostas was adamant that we have an Australian, and seeing as you have been the cornerstone of the community podcasts, and I agree with him, sound issues would not be a problem.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

I'd be interested in chipping in, if someone can tell how much of my download limit something like this might take up. The reason I'm asking is because if I go over it, I'll have Vodafone charging me an arm and a leg, which is something I'd rather avoid.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:I'd be interested in chipping in, if someone can tell how much of my download limit something like this might take up. The reason I'm asking is because if I go over it, I'll have Vodafone charging me an arm and a leg, which is something I'd rather avoid.

For an hour of Skyping over audio, it would use up around 50-60MB.

Image Image
ADx_Wales

Post by ADx_Wales »

Vodafone???? Skyping over the phone??? now if you were on Network 3 it would be free right?

But that's probably something that can be got around I'm sure...
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Broadcaster/Skype linkup no work after 4 attempts :(
Its guaranteed to work with 1 person at a time...but trying to get multiple people live may not work apparently. Not as easy as I expected...

Image Image
TimmyB

Post by TimmyB »

ADx_Wales wrote:Tim, Understood, but Kostas was adamant that we have an Australian, and seeing as you have been the cornerstone of the community podcasts, and I agree with him, sound issues would not be a problem.

Oh jeez, how do I argue with that? :oops:

You'd best send me an email then. :)
MinardiFan95

Post by MinardiFan95 »

This idea might be crazy, but it is certainly a great idea. I for one would listen to this before every race as it is guaranteed to be 99.9% better than the horrible piece of steaming excrement that is Channel 10/ONE's pre race show. (I've decided to make a summary of the 10/ONE pre race show - Talk about AUSTRALIAS Mark Webber, ad-break, more talk about Mark Webber, ad-break, blaming an incident involving Mark Webber on someone else/talking about how great Mark Webber drove in the previous race, ad-break, lap of the circuit in the Red Bull Simulator with (surprise, surprise) Mark Webber, ad-break, talk to "expert" commentator, James Allen, ad-break, cut to the BBC audio feed just after Brundle has said one sentence of more interest than the whole 50 minutes of the 10/ONE pre race show.)
This is a cool spot.
ADx_Wales

Post by ADx_Wales »

Yes Aly, you were right, it IS this weekend...
TimmyB

Post by TimmyB »

MinardiFan95 wrote:...cut to the BBC audio feed just after Brundle has said one sentence of more interest than the whole 50 minutes of the 10/ONE pre race show.)

:!: This is so true :!:
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

I'd be down to help out, provided I find a way to not look completely ridiculous to my roommate.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

kostas22 wrote:
BlindCaveSalamander wrote:I'd be interested in chipping in, if someone can tell how much of my download limit something like this might take up. The reason I'm asking is because if I go over it, I'll have Vodafone charging me an arm and a leg, which is something I'd rather avoid.

For an hour of Skyping over audio, it would use up around 50-60MB.

I think I can spare that much. Count me in.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

I have bad news.

The live project is on indefinite hiatus. Me, ADX & Timmy will be recording a bog standard community podcast tomorrow. I'll try to get the live podcasting thing working at some point in the future, but maybe that's something for next season...

Image Image
ADx_Wales

Post by ADx_Wales »

The live project is on indefinite hiatus. Me, ADX & Timmy*** will be recording a bog standard community podcast tomorrow. I'll try to get the live podcasting thing working at some point in the future, but maybe that's something for next season...

***On condition that Mr TimmyB will be awake at 9am our time to actually participate.

The good thing is if we are making a podcast we are in no rush like we were first time around...
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

ADx_Wales wrote:
The live project is on indefinite hiatus. Me, ADX & Timmy*** will be recording a bog standard community podcast tomorrow. I'll try to get the live podcasting thing working at some point in the future, but maybe that's something for next season...

***On condition that Mr TimmyB will be awake at 10am our time to actually participate.

The good thing is if we are making a podcast we are in no rush like we were first time around...

Fix'd :P

Image Image
TimmyB

Post by TimmyB »

Don't wait up for me guys, it's a little too short notice I'm affraid. Your tomorrow is my tonight and I'm tied up tonight unfortunately.

My Thursday night however...
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

TimmyB wrote:My Thursday night however...

...I'm busy at College. And Ade is at Wilko's. So looks like if we do a little podcast before the weekend it'll be without you :?

Image Image
razta

Post by razta »

doesn't sound like a bad idea at all.. i'll join 8-)