Panderbox

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Row Man Gross-Gene

Panderbox

Post by Row Man Gross-Gene »

I just wanted to say that the difference in the tenor and civility of the discussions here versus the discussions on other F1 boards is like the difference between the Dali lama and Charles Manson. Way to go guys. That's not a small accomplishment.

(Moderators, feel free to delete this if you wish, it's just me pandering/high-fiving the members here)
It's just unbelievable...that Formula 1 could be such a ridiculous melange of idiots.

-Jamie McGregor

Check out my colo(u)ring pages website: http://sites.google.com/site/carcoloringpages/
ADx_Wales
Location: The Fortress of Sofatude, with a laptop and a penchant for buying now TV day passes for F1 races.

Re: Panderbox

Post by ADx_Wales »

That is top quality pandering in association with fiat. I respond to your high five in kind, we are very self policing aren't we, every single one of us:-).

I'm probably the only non-spambot to annoy members of this forum and I approve of everyones responses be they cheap shots or expensive pints.
"The worst part of my body that hurt in the fire was my balls" Gerhard Berger on Imola 1989
coops

Post by coops »

Losers.
"Aerodynamics is for those who cannot manufacture good engines."
-Enzo Ferrari
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

I was thinking someone would want to turn this forum into some sort of meetic.com :?
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Phoenix wrote:I was thinking someone would want to turn this forum into some sort of meetic.com :?

I had to look up what meetic was, but then I thought, ohhh, yes please. I probably am the most desparate on here. And we all share a love of rejects on here...

But back on thread, this is indeed a great forum, the only one I'm a member of, and have no wish to join any other as this seems like an online home for me. And if what you say about the other forums are anything to go by, maybe I don't want to go anywhere else...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

dr-baker wrote:
Phoenix wrote:I was thinking someone would want to turn this forum into some sort of meetic.com :?

I had to look up what meetic was, but then I thought, ohhh, yes please. I probably am the most desparate on here. And we all share a love of rejects on here...

But back on thread, this is indeed a great forum, the only one I'm a member of, and have no wish to join any other as this seems like an online home for me. And if what you say about the other forums are anything to go by, maybe I don't want to go anywhere else...

This forum helped me immensely with my English, made me more knowledgeable about F1, and I've received a great treatment, all for AU$ 0.00. Not a bad relation indeed.
coops

Post by coops »

dr-baker wrote:And if what you say about the other forums are anything to go by, maybe I don't want to go anywhere else...

Ive had a cursory glance at a few other F1 sites and I've seen nothing as good as this. On here theres an abundance of informative posts aswell as the more light hearted ones. I only wish more people would post things. Im naming no names but there are quite a few that I really enjoy reading but they only seem to post once in a while.
-Enzo Ferrari
Warren Hughes

Post by Warren Hughes »

coops wrote:I only wish more people would post things. Im naming no names but there are quite a few that I really enjoy reading but they only seem to post once in a while.

Name names! I'm thinking TimmyB?
Nico Rosberg wrote:Break me down mentally? Good luck with that one.

:roll:
coops

Post by coops »

Warren Hughes wrote:Name names!

That Warren Hughes is a bit of a hero of mine.
-Enzo Ferrari
patrick

Post by patrick »

Such is the nature of the young forum, that the low traffic and core of active members keep it quality. But sadly, these things rarely last, as word spreads and the site gets more popular.
see also: AtlasF1 (autosport forums) used to be good too, and then it got popular.

But indeed, it's always an enjoyable read here!
Myrvold

Post by Myrvold »

This is the only international forum I am a member of (besides cliptheapex, but that's for the amazing statistics!), what so ever! A fantastic site!
Warren Hughes

Post by Warren Hughes »

coops wrote:
Warren Hughes wrote:Name names!

That Warren Hughes is a bit of a hero of mine.

And I'm sure that's nothing to do with the fact that I once wrote
Warren Hughes wrote:I wish I was as funny as coops
Nico Rosberg wrote:Break me down mentally? Good luck with that one.

:roll:
coops

Post by coops »

Warren Hughes wrote:And I'm sure that's nothing to do with the fact that I once wrote

:lol: I hadnt read that. Just be thankful you're not as bitter as CarlosFerreira.
-Enzo Ferrari
DonTirri
Location: Herttoniemi, Helsinki, Finland, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way.

Post by DonTirri »

This is the only forum thus far that I have NOT managed to tick someone off in. You just won't get pissed even if i TRY :(

In all honesty tho, this is the only motorsport-related forum I go to. And I love it here
I got Pointed Opinions and I ain't afraid to use em!
F1rejects no.1Räikkönen and Vettel fan.
BTW, thats Räikkönen with two K's and two N's. Not Raikonnen (Raikkonen is fine if you have no umlauts though)
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

I've learned an incredible amount about Formula One from all of you. Even though I can comment a lot on what goes on in specific races, I never got into the political or technical sides of F1 until after I joined this forum. Also, I've managed to rack up a ridiculous amount of comments without starting many threads at all. I'm a born replier.

(Also, I absolutely adore the wordplay in the title of this thread. Well done, RMGG.)
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

I've also learned a fair amount on Formula 1 and other categories, since it's nice to see a forum with intelligent people who are very good at ... creatively speculating ... what the future of Formula 1 is... and in the name of Mike Skinner I hope you all keep that up! :mrgreen:
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

i'm only on this one here because here people think about what they're saying - even if it's off topic, at least they try to be funny :P - which results in using this forum for informing myself about F1
it's also a good thing that i'm keeping relatively quiet, because usually i don't, that varies from endless discussions with hopeless people (and i'm tired of that) to starting my own religion and basically ruining a forum :D (you don't want to know)
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
BabyG

Post by BabyG »

I've been a member of this forum since day one and will check the pages most days. The depth of knowledge that is posted by forum members astounds me - there's hardly a question/topic that doesn't get at least 5 indepth answers! And the respect of F1's reject drivers and teams is also given to other members of the forum. Long may it continue!
WeirdKerr
Location: on the edge of nowhere with a ludicrous grid penalty.....

Post by WeirdKerr »

this place amuses me greatly and could seriously lead to a fatal laughing incident , though i think sakon yamamoto's head departing from his body may do that also.....
Popi_Larrauri

Post by Popi_Larrauri »

BabyG wrote:I've been a member of this forum since day one and will check the pages most days. The depth of knowledge that is posted by forum members astounds me - there's hardly a question/topic that doesn't get at least 5 indepth answers! And the respect of F1's reject drivers and teams is also given to other members of the forum. Long may it continue!

Well, nothing of that would be worthy without us, the ignorant and irrelevant trolls who try to crack casual jokes from time to time to moister everything... :oops:

PS: I'm speaking for myself... I'm not funny, but irrelevant ;)
Winners have lots of friends, losers have good friends.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Popi_Larrauri wrote:PS: I'm speaking for myself... I'm not funny, but irrelevant ;)

Your Spanish Press alter ego is one of the funniest things I've ever seen. :)
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Popi_Larrauri

Post by Popi_Larrauri »

ADx_Wales wrote:That is top quality pandering in association with fiat. I respond to your high five in kind, we are very self policing aren't we, every single one of us:-).

I'm probably the only non-spambot to annoy members of this forum and I approve of everyones responses be they cheap shots or expensive pints.

Oh, yeah, yeah, peace and love...

Now prove it!

TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Popi_Larrauri wrote:Image

That should come with an epilepsy warning...
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Popi_Larrauri

Post by Popi_Larrauri »

Wizzie wrote:
Popi_Larrauri wrote:PS: I'm speaking for myself... I'm not funny, but irrelevant ;)

Your Spanish Press alter ego is one of the funniest things I've ever seen. :)

He forced me to do it!!!

I swear!

EDIT: Be damned your memory! :lol:
Waris

Post by Waris »

YAY! I love this forum! \o/
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
coops

Post by coops »

dr-baker wrote:I had to look up what meetic was, but then I thought, ohhh, yes please. I probably am the most desparate on here

Prepare a paragraph that describes yourself. Lets see if anybody takes a shine to it.
-Enzo Ferrari
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

ADx_Wales wrote:That is top quality pandering in association with fiat. I respond to your high five in kind, we are very self policing aren't we, every single one of us:-).

Self-policing is the key. Everyone seems to do it around here, I think we're a case study in self-governance of common-pool resources.

coops wrote:
Warren Hughes wrote:And I'm sure that's nothing to do with the fact that I once wrote

:lol: I hadnt read that. Just be thankful you're not as bitter as CarlosFerreira.

Go home, Colin Kolles!
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Myrvold

Post by Myrvold »

Oh, but I have to say, no offence to anyone here, I'm alway looking forward to see if Mario have posted anything.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

how can someone possibly be offenced by someone saying he loves reading mario's posts?
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

dr-baker wrote:I had to look up what meetic was, but then I thought, ohhh, yes please. I probably am the most desparate on here. And we all share a love of rejects on here...

I thought we had you down for one of the Ecclestone daughters (or was that someone else?).

coops wrote:On here theres an abundance of informative posts...

I take no responsibility for any of these.
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

watka wrote:
dr-baker wrote:I had to look up what meetic was, but then I thought, ohhh, yes please. I probably am the most desparate on here. And we all share a love of rejects on here...

I thought we had you down for one of the Ecclestone daughters (or was that someone else?).

I'm open to any offers or suggestions (within reason).
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Row Man Gross-Gene

Been away from the interwebs for a couple of days. I'm glad to see that there are others in agreement with me. I very rarely go anywhere else to find out interesting stuff about F1 as several members of the forum are nice enough to post the good stuff here.

On an unrelated note, I've been curious how old most of you all are. I read plenty of references that make me think I might be one of the ancient ones at the ripe old age of 31.
It's just unbelievable...that Formula 1 could be such a ridiculous melange of idiots.

-Jamie McGregor

Check out my colo(u)ring pages website: http://sites.google.com/site/carcoloringpages/
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

Row Man Gross-Gene wrote:Been away from the interwebs for a couple of days. I'm glad to see that there are others in agreement with me. I very rarely go anywhere else to find out interesting stuff about F1 as several members of the forum are nice enough to post the good stuff here.

On an unrelated note, I've been curious how old most of you all are. I read plenty of references that make me think I might be one of the ancient ones at the ripe old age of 31.

I'm 20.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

I will turn 18 in a bit less than a month.
F1000X

Post by F1000X »

I'm 23, but 4chan has given me the maturity of a 14 year old.

This forum is great, the wealth of information (particularly that which you wouldn't find anywhere else) is astounding. I've had too many great laughs at the brilliant things people have posted. Like some others have said, this is the only motorsports website I visit, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Also, ADx_Wales is my hero for carrying high the Anti Ferrari banner.
Last edited by F1000X on 24 Oct 2010, 20:38, edited 2 times in total.
"Sebastian Bourdais- he once was a champ, but now he's a chump." -Will Power
Row Man Gross-Gene

patrick wrote:see also: AtlasF1 (autosport forums) used to be good too, and then it got popular.

Lot's of great comments so far as I noted, but this one reminded me of something attributed to the great Yogi Berra (New York Yankees Catcher from the 50s)

Talking about a popular New York restaurant: "Nobody goes there anymore...it's too crowded".

-Jamie McGregor

Row Man Gross-Gene

Great, so I am one of the oldsters. ;) Where does the time go?

-Jamie McGregor

CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

I'm personally 1981 vintage, making me 29.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
ADx_Wales
Location: The Fortress of Sofatude, with a laptop and a penchant for buying now TV day passes for F1 races.

Post by ADx_Wales »

1981 aswell.

And again, I'm frequently on this forum and also a facebook group relating to motorsport in general that I shall not plug in this thread, and I've not got any beef, other meats or even vegi/soya equivalents with anyone, nor do I stumble upon troublemakers (apart from the odd bot), maybe its me who is causing all the trouble around these parts...
"The worst part of my body that hurt in the fire was my balls" Gerhard Berger on Imola 1989
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

ADx_Wales wrote:1981 aswell.

And again, I'm frequently on this forum and also a facebook group relating to motorsport in general that I shall not plug in this thread, and I've not got any beef, other meats or even vegi/soya equivalents with anyone, nor do I stumble upon troublemakers (apart from the odd bot), maybe its me who is causing all the trouble around these parts...

I thought you were one of the young guys?

I'm 21, which I guess makes me about the oldest of the young lot.
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy