Bourdais' Seat in Danger

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
dr-baker

Re: Bourdais' Seat in Danger

Post by dr-baker »

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/77098

Alguersuari plans to continue in F Renault 3.5 alongside F1. The only other recent F1 driver I know of to have competed in another series during an active F1 season was... Bourdais!As soon as Vettel got an F1 seat, he ditched his FRenault seat even though he was dominating the season at the time and still finished 4th overall. And Alguersuari got a 3rd and 4th place at Le Mans last time out... Feeling insecure perhaps? :?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Perhaps he is doing something similar to what the NASCAR Cup drivers did in the Busch/Nationwide series - Driving in a lower series on the same track in order to get more experience and setup ideas. Then again, I don't think Formula Renault goes on the same tracks as F1, so perhaps he's just trying to get more experience in a similar car.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:Perhaps he is doing something similar to what the NASCAR Cup drivers did in the Busch/Nationwide series - Driving in a lower series on the same track in order to get more experience and setup ideas. Then again, I don't think Formula Renault goes on the same tracks as F1, so perhaps he's just trying to get more experience in a similar car.

As I said, Alguersuari scored at Le Mans last weekend - not a grand prix track... But the majority of the 10 meetings are at GP tracks, just in a different order to F1.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_World ... ult_season
Best result: 1x 3rd
Championship position: 8th
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Pedro_Diniz

Post by Pedro_Diniz »

Now, does anyone have a phonetic pronunciation of Jaime Alguersuari's name?
Kimi: "I was having a sheeet."
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

http://www.forvo.com/word/jaume_alguersuari/

Honestly, I'm worried for the poor BBC team. EJ will not be able to say that.

Edit: Something I bunged together in less than 5 minutes - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wymhqT-CqXA&feature=channel_page
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

shinji wrote:Honestly, I'm worried for the poor BBC team. EJ will not be able to say that.

I'm more concerned about Legard. he's likely to say "JAY-mee Al-gay-SAW-rus".
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Captain Hammer wrote:
shinji wrote:Honestly, I'm worried for the poor BBC team. EJ will not be able to say that.

At that point, I wouldn't be surprised if he gave up completely and just called him Sebastian.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Fitch

Post by Fitch »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:
Captain Hammer wrote:

At that point, I wouldn't be surprised if he gave up completely and just called him Sebastian.

You mean we're not gonna call him Sebastian anyway??

As far as Bourdais this seems to be STR's Modis Operundai, ditch the B driver after the Nurburgring and right before a Significant Performance enhancement comes online. Because it does 2 things, #1 it makes the new guy AND the other guy faster and look better, thus #2 it destroys the former B drivers reputation with other teams...........

When SB first started in Cham Car, he was fine, but when he started winning he became a Bitchy Frenchmen, and it got worse after his 3rd year, which was his 2nd Championship...After that, for some reason he got it into his head that everyone was supposed to pull over and let him by them without a fight..and if he didn't win and someone passed him he Whined endlessly......his most Famous was at Mont Tremblant after Robert Doornbos beat him.....

As for where he goes next, Robin Miller said it best, IndyCar has Marco Andretti so we've got more then enough Whiners over here.......
Rentragmuab Tlosz!!!!!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:
Captain Hammer wrote:

Still not heard any references to Sebastien Webber on the podcast yet... Give it time.
MCard LOLA