Sponsors we'd like to see

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Sponsors we'd like to see

Post by FullMetalJack »

Pieman wrote:How about Relentless to sponsor McLaren or Ferrari and complete the trio?

How about Boost energy drink, simply because they use KERS.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
Waris

Post by Waris »

redbulljack14 wrote:
Pieman wrote:How about Relentless to sponsor McLaren or Ferrari and complete the trio?

How about Boost energy drink, simply because they use KERS.

NOS.
Seriously.
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

So what, we gonna see NOS USF1 wit Kyle Busch at the wheel?
Wouldn't be that bad I guess, he could shunt a few people off at Turn 1.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

A-Style for any team really. Just because the logo.

To think about new Lotus...since cigarette advertising is not popular anymore so JPS is not possible, what about UPS (United Parcel Service). Colours are not too far away from JPS.

thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

Bleu wrote:A-Style for any team really. Just because the logo.

Thank you for educating me about A-Style.
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

Bleu wrote:A-Style for any team really. Just because the logo.

Saw that on a school trip to Rome three years ago, no one who was there has stopped laughing since.

Oh the joys of being a teenager.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
Many Blue Flags

Post by Many Blue Flags »

If Etihad is sponsoring Ferrari at one end of the grid, why not have Ryanair sponsoring Lotus?
Also Known As 'Mr Two-Seconds-Off-The-Pace'

YAFUGGA BLOODY GAFUGGOV is all I say to you.
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

shinji wrote:Oh the joys of being a teenager.

Oh yeah. It's fun! Of course, I'll be glad in 6 months when it's all over, but I'm milking it until then.
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

French insurance giant Matmut. They already sponsor the ORECA Le Mans category.

I know I kind of made fun of them in the 2010 Driver Market thread by calling them Team Warhol, but the more I think about it, the more I feel a Matmut car could actually look impressive, if done correctly.
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
Many Blue Flags

Captain Hammer wrote:French insurance giant Matmut. They already sponsor the ORECA Le Mans category.

I know I kind of made fun of them in the 2010 Driver Market thread by calling them Team Warhol, but the more I think about it, the more I feel a Matmut car could actually look impressive, if done correctly.

http://www.planetlemans.com/wp-content/ ... a-mtc1.jpg

If I were any better at photoshop, I'd try and replicate it on an F1 car.
Last edited by Many Blue Flags on 17 Sep 2009, 09:00, edited 1 time in total.

Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

I think this is what you were aiming for:

But this might also look good:

mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

That's actually what I expected the USF1 cars would look like
"Grosjean has a great desire to turn around and look at the corner he's just gone through, too many times per lap or per session, he's always spinning that Renault"
Many Blue Flags

Whoops.

But I think the yellow adds an edge to it. Using very powerful primary colours is better than the various horrible shades that Renault did with the '07-'08 cars. Although all kudos to ORECA for their Silverstone victory. [/topic unrelated]

Now, if we're going with what looked awesome on an LMP car, why not go with the best livery of all? I'm talking of course about the 1991 RENOWN sponsorship of the Mazda 787B.

Jordan

Post by Jordan »

Well, inspiration comes from the simplest of places, for example, take the current Renault

"Grosjean has a great desire to turn around and look at the corner he's just gone through, too many times per lap or per session, he's always spinning that Renault"
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

Alright, if I could decide the sponsr and liveries for each team in 2010, this is how I'd do it:

Brawn
Sponsors: Emirates, Monster, Virgin Galactic
Livery: Inspired by Ken Block's Subaru Impreza. Black and yellow at the front end, white at the back in a design that looks like the colours are breaking up. A few patches in the design would make it look as if raw carbon fibre is showing through. Emirates on the sidepods and nose, Monster on the engine cowling, Virgin Galactic on the wings and in wheel arches. Brawn GP name appears on front side of rear wing

Red Bull
Sponsors: Red Bull, one-time only local deals
Livery: More of the same, but possibly geared to give Red Bull Cola more exposure as Red Bull itself is a household name, and the brand as a whole still gets coverage because the Red Bull name is in Red Bull Cola. Space on the engine cowling is given over to one-time only ponsor arrangements for local companies, similar to what Brawn have done.

McLaren
Sponsors: Vodafone, Jumeirah, Mashreqbank
Livery: Red with cream and gold, a vague tribute to the old Lotus liveries. Daimler-Chrysler were said to be upset that McLaren sold share to the Middle Est instead of them, so more investment from the UAE comes in. Vodafone on the sidepods, with Jumeirah (owners of the Burj al-Arab) appear on one side and Masreqbank on the other.

Ferrari
Sponsors: Santander
Livery: I hate tobacco branding, so get rid of it. Go back to the original Rosso Corsa and cover the cars in thousands of tiny Santander logos in the current version, not unlike those old Mercedes DTM cars that were covered with tiny Mercedes logos. There is one large Santander logo in white, that forms the shape of the logo when viewed from directly above.

Toyota
Sponsors: Panasonic, McGrath Foundation
Livery: Toyota get most of their sponsorship from Panasonic, so change the red and white to white, black and a dark pink not unlike the Team McGrath cars that appeared at Bathurst this year. It's for a good cause, and they can save the world in a more practical way than Honda did with their envionrmental campaigning. Panasonic appear on sidepods again.

Williams
Sponsors: Petronas, Phillips, AT&T, Canon
Livery: White, with teal stylised "wings" design painted across top of sidepods for Petronas. Petronas logo appears on sideposds proper and also on nose of car. Canon returns to the engine cowling, red on white, while Phillips stays on rear wing and expands to front wing, now in proper light blue colours. AT&T take up wheel arches, despite being major sponsor.

Renault
Sponsors: Matmut, MegaFon, Total
Livery: Red white and blue for Matmut, similar in design to the "swirly" example on the ORECA Saleen posted above. Total logos appear on the red half of the car - the rear wings and endplates, while MegaFon adorns the blue front end; the front wing and inside the wheel arches. "New Renault" (Renault sans Briatore) logo appears on the engine cowling, similar to Brawn GP name.

Force India
Sponsors: Kingfisher, Whyte & Mackey; the same as this year (I don't know much about them - never did pay Force India much attention).
Livery: More of the same. This time, however, most of the car is white. The left side carries the orange strea-like design currently seen, while the right side carries the green; however, there is more green and orange then this year. Some blue is introduced around the cockpit to make up the three colours of the Indian flag. Placement of sponsor logos remains roughly the same.

Toro Rosso
Sponsors: Red Bull, several new names as the team branch out and form their own identity.
Livery: Remains constant, but scarlet bull now appears on black background. It is much smaller than in previous years to make way for more sponsor coverage. Red Bull name does not actually phsyically appear, instead represented by the actual charging red bull. Gold elements introduced for 2009 have been changed to electrc green to make it look funkier.

Campos
Sponsors: Telefonicia, Lukoil
Livery: Everything in front of the front wheels is red and yellow design in keeping with Spanish flag. Monocoque is red, as are most of the sidepods, which carry large Lukoil logos. Asymmetric; one side is in English, the other, Cyrillic. The engine cowling, rear wing and the parts of the sidepods not carrying Lukoil red are silver and black. Telefoniciain gold on cowling and rear wing.

Virgin (I wholly expect Branson to buy out Manor)
Sponsors: Virgin group, rotating Virgin subsidiaries (except for Virgin Galactic)
Livery: Mostly red and white, but carries the "leaping lady" motif, complete with racing helmet and chequered flag in the wheel arch and on rear wing uprights to distinguish it from Ferrari. Virgin name appears on the sidepods ad rear wing, with groups like Virgin Media, Virgin Active, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Atlantic rotating through the blank spaces of the car ever few races, like with Brawn.

USF1
Sponsors: Google, Coke Zero
Livery: Stars an stripes design appears around cockpit. Elsehwere, the car is black with red and white for Coke Zero, with a similar design to the one seen in the bulk of their current advertising that makes the cars look like artwork. Coke Zero is named on rear wing, cowling and nose, while Google name appears on sidepods and again on front wing.

Lotus
Sponsors: Petrobras
Livery: Yellow and white for Malaysian motorsport colours, yellow and green for Lotus. All of this already fits in with green, yellow and white of Petrobras, so it is a perfect match. Car is predominantly yellow, with touches of green. Petrobras name appears in large white lettering on sidepods, cowling and monocoque. Some red is also introduced on front ad rear wings for DHL Asia.
Fitch

Post by Fitch »

I thought I posted this along time ago, but I Can't seem to find it.....

Kimi should sign Effen Vodka to a Large Sponsorship...so that on the Side of whatever car he drives..it says Effen in big letters......

Not to mention the sheer hilarity of any potential Team sponsorship.......Effen Ferrari, Effen McLaren, Effen Red Bull(There ya go, Red Bull and Vodak, the marketing sells itself)........Effen Brawn......
Rentragmuab Tlosz!!!!!
WeirdKerr
Location: on the edge of nowhere with a ludicrous grid penalty.....

Post by WeirdKerr »

If there is a company about caled EVA they should become the title sponsor of Brawn.......
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

WeirdKerr wrote:If there is a company about caled EVA they should become the title sponsor of Brawn.......

There is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EVA_Air :P
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
kb9vrg

Post by kb9vrg »

I'll pull out the Irony meter here a bit using only the current 2009 teams

BMW - Plantronics, Ray-Ban, and Dax Pomade. I mean, come on, BMW road car drivers all use those products!

Brawn - Someone already mentioned Brawny paper towels, and I simply can not beat that.

Ferrari - how about the FIA themselves sponsor Ferrari?

Force India - AMS - Account Management Solutions - insert whatever debt collection agency you want to here.

McLaren - Interscope Records (Lewis' Girlfriend has a contract with them), Everlast (makers of boxing gloves, useful for disputes between teammates), and if Ron Dennis ever shows up again, Websters Dictionary.

Red Bull - Physio-Control, makers of the Life Pak Defibrillator - surely after drinking enough Red Bull you'd need one.

Renault - Burson-Marsteller. Go to http://archive.corporatewatch.org.uk/magazine/issue2/cw2f2.html and you'll understand why.

Toro Rosso - legalzoom.com. They're always breaking contracts and signing new ones, so why not a do-it-yourself legal site?

Toyota - Paxil. Surely after so many years of spending billions and not getting a win an anti-depressant is in order. Secondary title sponsor should be Weather Tech (maker of after market floor mats).

Williams - The town of Branson, MO. This is the home of so many has-beens that it'd be a perfect fit.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Before 2010 Toro Rosso should have been LeasePlan Racing, seeing as Red Bull Racing has gifted them chassis for so many years now.

Image Image
RejectSteve

Post by RejectSteve »

kostas22 wrote:Before 2010 Toro Rosso should have been LeasePlan Racing, seeing as Red Bull Racing has gifted them chassis for so many years now.
A brilliant way to get Eric van de Poele back in F1. Is it petition time?
Nissanymania! Friday has never been the same since.

The car in front is a Stefan.
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

RejectSteve wrote:
kostas22 wrote:Before 2010 Toro Rosso should have been LeasePlan Racing, seeing as Red Bull Racing has gifted them chassis for so many years now.
A brilliant way to get Eric van de Poele back in F1. Is it petition time?

Any reason to get Eric Van de Poele back in F1 is a good reason.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Easy. Put Saudi Arabian Airlines on WilliamsF1 cars, and the old Saudia glory (could) return. :D

EDIT: Sorry to bump a very old post through. :oops:
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

FMecha wrote:Easy. Put Saudi Arabian Airlines on WilliamsF1 cars, and the old Saudia glory (could) return. :D

EDIT: Sorry to bump a very old post through. :oops:

Oh those heady days of 2009...

Before the wonders of Kamui had truly been revealed to us, before HRT had been almost accidentally given birth to, before Korea had been ticked off as a destination, when we thought Renault were irreparably damaged, when Nelsinho and Romain were still relevant...

The glory days of F1, I say.
Row Man Gross-Gene

Post by Row Man Gross-Gene »

shinji wrote: when Nelsinho and Romain were still relevant...

OHHHH it's on! Not relevant you say?!
;)
It's just unbelievable...that Formula 1 could be such a ridiculous melange of idiots.

-Jamie McGregor

Check out my colo(u)ring pages website: http://sites.google.com/site/carcoloringpages/
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

Row Man Gross-Gene wrote:

;)

My avatar also begs to differ.
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

Row Man Gross-Gene wrote:

;)

Hey, Row Man, you're still cool. It's Romain who's gone down the drain.

watka wrote:My avatar also begs to differ.

My avatar is Nakano Shinji in front of a Jordan. That doesn't mean either are currently relevant to Formula One, sadly.
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Row Man, you deserve a seat.

Going back on topic, there's one sponsor I'd like to see:
Rothmans.

IT LIVES
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

I'd like to see Extenze in F1, if only because Kevin Conway's Sprint Cup car looked awesome, and you got to have a nice good look at it due to him being so damn slow.
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

I'd like to see Alitalia in F1, maybe on a resurrected Minardi?

Like Cynon, only really because on the WSB Aprillias last year the scheme was just gorgeous!

I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Pieman

Post by Pieman »

Well Alitalia were responsible for the second best rally livery of all time* on Sandro Munari's Lancia Stratos, so that would make sense.

I would still like to see Virgin Racing/Manor Motorsport get sponsorship from Playboy, if only to create the greatest team name in motorsport history.

*Behind the Martini liveried Lancia Deltas and 037s - nothing will ever top those beautiful machines.
Forza Forti
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Halfords.
Mmmmm....neon-y.

From NASCAR...the TIDE RIDE!!!!! (They make washing powder or something right? Sounds a lot better than Fairy Ferrari...)

Image Image
F1000X

Post by F1000X »

Gatorade - Change the flavor at every race.

Apple - You know their sponsorship package would come out looking sleek as hell.
"Sebastian Bourdais- he once was a champ, but now he's a chump." -Will Power
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Coca-Cola Ferrari (or even McDonald's Ferrari) has probably already been suggested (haven't been back to read through all the old 2009 posts!) but one sponsor I'ld like to see is Krispy Kreme. Preferably on a team running Michelin tyres (Bibendum...)
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
LucaPacchiarini

Post by LucaPacchiarini »

Wikileaks.com for Stefan GP!
..I'm the member number 666 on this forum... I'm doomed to rejectdom
"Giovanni Lavaggi Draiver is a big, bigger than people think"
(Giancarlo Minardi, on his former driver Giovanni Lavaggi)
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

There are some sponsors (and with it some liveries) I would love to have in F1:

Aspara Drink

TRILUX (obviously with the driver of this car... :P )

Vitaphone
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Essex.
Not as good as the JPS livery but still very nice and neat.
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

F1000X wrote:Apple - You know their sponsorship package would come out looking sleek as hell.

Yeah, but since it's Apple the car would be really flashy, and once poked with a stick the engine would explode, not to mention the Apple F1 car would have to be dreadfully slow. So it would probably have to be HRT.
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Cynon wrote:
F1000X wrote:Apple - You know their sponsorship package would come out looking sleek as hell.

Yeah, but since it's Apple the car would be really flashy, and once poked with a stick the engine would explode, not to mention the Apple F1 car would have to be dreadfully slow. So it would probably have to be HRT.

No chance, more like Toyota.

An infinite budget, a massive reputation and it's still utterly hopeless.

Image Image
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

Coca-Cola Ferrari
Pepsi Vodafone McLaren
Saudia Williams
Burger King Sauber
KFC Force India

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water