P_Friesacher

Re: 2011 Silly Season

Post by P_Friesacher »

Phoenix wrote:I am disappointed. They could have branded the engines as Lada :(

fixed
Vepe

Post by Vepe »

Let´s name the engine on Petrov´s car Lada, and then we would just need a Romanian driver and name the engine of his (or her) car Dacia.

:lol:
P_Friesacher

Post by P_Friesacher »

Michael Herck is certainly a very suitable candidate for the Dacia cockpit.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Red Bull - to Infiniti and beyond!

watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Glennerz

Post by Glennerz »

It's official, Liuzzi to Hispania.

Meh.
"Those (MasterCard-Lola) laps don't have a time, they've got an expiry date" -Unknown, 1997 Australian Grand Prix
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Glennerz wrote:It's official, Liuzzi to Hispania.

Meh.

I am right in thinking Liuzzi's still a reject isn't he? Or am I forgetting a shock race where he managed to scrape a 4th?

If he still is, I don't think it will be changing in the near future! :lol:
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

AndreaModa wrote:
Glennerz wrote:It's official, Liuzzi to Hispania.

Meh.

I am right in thinking Liuzzi's still a reject isn't he? Or am I forgetting a shock race where he managed to scrape a 4th?

If he still is, I don't think it will be changing in the near future! :lol:

Yes, he still is a reject. He's missing a 6th to escape rejectdom...
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
Henrique

Post by Henrique »

Also, De la Rosa went back to McLaren's reserve driver. Guess he's the Luca Badoer of McLaren :P
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Henrique wrote:Also, De la Rosa went back to McLaren's reserve driver. Guess he's the Luca Badoer of McLaren :P

Except he is not a reject :P!

Who will Pirelli employ this time? My guess is Ralf Schumacher :P!
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
Glennerz

Post by Glennerz »

DanielPT wrote:Who will Pirelli employ this time? My guess is Ralf Schumacher :P!

I'll go for Klien.
"Those (MasterCard-Lola) laps don't have a time, they've got an expiry date" -Unknown, 1997 Australian Grand Prix
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Glennerz wrote:
DanielPT wrote:Who will Pirelli employ this time? My guess is Ralf Schumacher :P!

I'll go for Klien.

I feel like contradicting someone tonight, so I place my bet in for Yamamoto to take the job.
P_Friesacher

Post by P_Friesacher »

Perhaps Pirelli has alread stolen Mondini - and that is why HRT had to take Liuzzi.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Glennerz

Post by Glennerz »

Wizzie wrote:So no drive for Chandhok then :(

I bet now he regrets turning down HRT's offer. He has denied us all an Indian dream team (except not at the right team).
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Glennerz wrote:I bet now he regrets turning down HRT's offer. He has denied us all an Indian dream team (except not at the right team).

Was he even offered a seat? I mean, HRT has taken him to court for breach of contract due to a failure of sponsorship after all. That is if my memory does serve me right, which cannot be assured.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Klon wrote:
Glennerz wrote:I bet now he regrets turning down HRT's offer. He has denied us all an Indian dream team (except not at the right team).

Was he even offered a seat? I mean, HRT has taken him to court for breach of contract due to a failure of sponsorship after all. That is if my memory does serve me right, which cannot be assured.

Besides why would you want to drive for HRT?
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

Wizzie wrote:Besides why would you want to drive for HRT?

Desperation. Isn't that right, Tonio?

I'll bet if Roberto Moreno was a few years younger, he'd have grabbed this seat with both hands. And, according to an old BBC Grand Prix guide (2000, I think, when they started making their own again despite the ITV coverage) there's he who "races anything, anywhere, and loves it" - Derek Warwick.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

dinizintheoven wrote:

I'll bet if Roberto Moreno was a few years younger, he'd have grabbed this seat with both hands. And, according to an old BBC Grand Prix guide (2000, I think, when they started making their own again despite the ITV coverage) there's he who "races anything, anywhere, and loves it" - Derek Warwick.

Unfortunately, Liuzzi's not that kind of guy.
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Phoenix wrote:
dinizintheoven wrote:

Agreed. He just want to make the odd buck. And sometimes he seems to remember that without some good races he is out of job...
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

DanielPT wrote:
Phoenix wrote:
dinizintheoven wrote:

Agreed. He just want to make the odd buck. And sometimes he seems to remember that without some good races he is out of job...

However, he's not likely to earn a lot driving for HRT :lol:
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Alan Baldwin just posted on twitter that Sakon Yamamoto has joined Virgin for the first 3 races as their reserve driver.
EDIT: Here's the autosport article.