Renault's in for Valencia

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
CarlosFerreira

Renault's in for Valencia

Post by CarlosFerreira »

That was quick:

Renault will race in the European Grand Prix this weekend after the FIA Court of Appeal upheld the team's bid for the suspension to be overturned.

The team has been fined $50,000 for the breach of the regulations in Hungary, but will be allowed to race at Valencia.

Source: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/77736

Conspiracy theory: old Bernie talked Luca and Schumi into the whole "Michael's back" shenanigan after Renault was kicked out of Valencia - for a price (maybe the return of veto power over technical regulations?). For the ticket sales to hang on, the Schumster had to race. Since he can't, Renault has to be allowed in, or else the public will hunt down and murder everyone in FOM. Opinions?
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Nin13

Re: Renault's in for Valencia

Post by Nin13 »

FIA STATEMENT-
Having heard the arguments of the parties, the Court has decided as follows:

1. to allow the appeal and overturn the sanction imposed by the Stewards in the Contested Decision;

2. to issue a reprimand and impose a fine of $50,000 upon Renault.

The reasons for this decision will be published in a full judgment in the coming days.

http://www.fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre/pr ... 0809a.aspx
MICHAEL SCHUMACHER FAN.
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

The result of the appeal was only supposed to be known tomorrow, and the court reasons will only be published in a few days; one gets the feeling it was decided before they got to the court...
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

CarlosFerreira wrote:Conspiracy theory: old Bernie talked Luca and Schumi into the whole "Michael's back" shenanigan after Renault was kicked out of Valencia - for a price (maybe the return of veto power over technical regulations?). For the ticket sales to hang on, the Schumster had to race. Since he can't, Renault has to be allowed in, or else the public will hunt down and murder everyone in FOM. Opinions?

Agree.

"This is the last time I borrow a bike from Luca Badoer..."
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

Schumi should have known that the gearbox was going to fail with only a few laps to go.
Debaser

Post by Debaser »

A race without Alonso or Schumi would have sold less tickets than Istanbul. So Alonso gets to race. Nonetheless, $50,000 is not much of a fine, I'd expected at least a few million dollars.
WeirdKerr
Location: on the edge of nowhere with a ludicrous grid penalty.....

Post by WeirdKerr »

I smell another conspiracy theory if the fine had been say over $500,000 it may have been the straw to break the camel's back, so to speak. The Fia dont want push Renault into "doing a BMW/Honda".....
Paul Hayes

Post by Paul Hayes »

No great surprise, I suppose - and a massive relief to the organisers of the Valencia race, I am sure!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Still goes to show that Renault are guilty of something, it just gives the impression that letting stuff fly of the car is not as serious as the stewards at the last grand prix thought it was...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Irisado

Post by Irisado »

It was a ridiculous ban in my view in the first place, because I can guarantee you that if Massa had not been hit by the torsion bar from Barrichello's Brawn, Renault would not have been banned. There is no evidence that I have read yet which conclusively proves that they knowingly released Alonso with a wheel which they thought would come off his car, so a fine does make much more sense in my view.
My favourite teams: Minardi, Forti, Osella

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente
Stewart

Post by Stewart »

Well, the fine is $50k too much as far as I'm concerned, but at least common sense has (mostly) prevailed.
dresda

Post by dresda »

So who will be replacing Piquet?

And why did the spring fly off Barrichello's car?
'08 BMW F650GS (Jutta), '01 Suzuku DR650, '03 VW Golf TDI (Teddy)
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

dresda wrote:So who will be replacing Piquet?

And why did the spring fly off Barrichello's car?

Romain Grosjean will be replacing Piquet. I'm not sure what happened with Barichello, though. I know Barichello was complaining of bad handling prior to the spring coming off, but other than that, I don't know. He might've clipped something to loosen up that general area, or something, though I struggle to think what that may be.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.