Another interview published! Marc Surer!

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
minrdi

Another interview published! Marc Surer!

Post by minrdi »

Hi everyone,

Apologies for the spruik, but I've been hard at work on the interview bandwagon - when I'm not collecting Minardi parts, that is! - and I'm delighted to say I've just completed and posted an interview with former Ensign, Theodore, Arrows and Brabham driver Marc Surer.

If you would like to have a read, the link can be found at http://richardsf1.com/category/exclusive-interviews/

More interviews will hopefully be coming through in the coming weeks and months - I have ten interviews agreed to and in various stages of production / completion; five of which are with fully-fledged F1 rejects. Looking forward to sharing them with you as they are published.

Would really welcome your comments and feedback, thanks for letting me post!
"The advantage of jumping the start is that you can get away a lot quicker." - Murray Walker

Editor, Richard's F1
Visit my F1 website at http://richardsf1.com
Exclusive news, reviews and interviews for F1, IndyCar, V8 Supercars and the WTCC
Phoenix

Re: Another interview published! Marc Surer!

Post by Phoenix »

Very good interview. You're very lucky to get these interviews and to have the chance of speaking with such personalities.
minrdi

Post by minrdi »

It's a LOT of sweet talking and grovelling, believe me! But the reward is completely worth it!
"The advantage of jumping the start is that you can get away a lot quicker." - Murray Walker

Editor, Richard's F1
Visit my F1 website at http://richardsf1.com
Exclusive news, reviews and interviews for F1, IndyCar, V8 Supercars and the WTCC
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

minrdi wrote:It's a LOT of sweet talking and grovelling, believe me! But the reward is completely worth it!

Betcha!
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

Just read it. Well done mate.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
P_Friesacher

Post by P_Friesacher »

Great Interview - well done!

Also, as you can see in the picture, Marc Surer now works for the German version of sky (at the time this picture was taken still called "Premiere") as co-commentator and "F1 expert" on their broadcasts of F1 races. He may well be the best of all the German-speaking TV-F1-"experts" - much more insightful than, for example, Niki Lauda on German Free TV RTL or Christian Klien (or, before him) Alex Wurz on the Austrian TV channel ORF.
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

Marc used to be one of my favourite drivers as he was so unlucky with injuries and yet always got a great deal out of not particularly great cars.

It's such a shame Bernie didn't give him a full season at Brabham instead of wasting his time on Hesnault for half the season.
eagleash

Post by eagleash »

Remember him working particularly hard in pre race tyre tests at Brands (1984 I think). Put in more laps than any other driver with the result that he was running a good second in the race at one point. Looked good for a podium but the car let him down.
On reflection think it was 85 & the tyre test was in August not long after he switched to Brabham. Whereas the race (Euro GP) was in October.
DemocalypseNow wrote: when eagleash of all people says you've gone too far about something you just know that's when to apply the brakes and do a U-turn.