Campaign to add Bernie Eccelstone as reject driver

The place for respectful and reverent discussion of Reject drivers and teams, whether profiled or not as yet
GinShaiman

Campaign to add Bernie Eccelstone as reject driver

Post by GinShaiman »

Monaco DNQ
Silverstone DNS
Surely this qualifies him as an F! reject???

Once he is in there then the campaign moves on to Tiff Needell, loved in the UK as drift king, former Top Gear presenter and current Fifth Gear foil to Jason Plato.
GinShaiman

Re: Campaign to add Bernie Eccelstone as reject driver

Post by GinShaiman »

Show your support by replying no matter how short (no insult intended to Bernie's height).
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

He should have come back when he bought Brabham.
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
Life w12

Post by Life w12 »

He should become a reject just for what he has done to the sport of Formula One let alone his driving career
crazydude1992

Post by crazydude1992 »

Yeah, add him!
Artificial intelligence is no match for F1 rejectdom.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Now how long will this profile be... :lol:
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Ben Gilbert

Post by Ben Gilbert »

It should be hugely long (this is Bernie's profile after all, so if it were printable, it would be taller than him), but written in minute font, to reflect the fact that thanks in part to his actions, F1 is now governed by the small print.
Cynon wrote:Look further down the field, enjoy the view of the little guys and/or crap drivers in cars too good for them giving their all for a meager result.

Because that's what I thought this forum celebrates the most.
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

A lost talent, probably suited for today's F1 driving, that penalises drivers weighting more than a 10-year old.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

When Bernie Ecclestone tried to entered his two attempts at racing in F1 world championship events, he was owner of the team Connaught, whose cars he also drove during his qualifying runs. So he probably just tried out himself as a racing driver because he wanted another car of his team in the field. Or is there any other info about him racing in lower formulae? And wasn't he in the business of selling used cars (and whatnot else?) before being a team owner?
First and foremost, Bernie Ecclestone is a businessman, and his achievements as a driver or team owner don't come anywhere close to those of his as a businessman, even though he was quite successful as a team owner, too.

Still, his short career stint as a driver is kind of interesting enough to justify a huge profile. Is he the only team owner in F1 who pulled his team out of F1 (Brabham in 1988) not because of financial troubles (which is the most common reason) but because he completely lost interest in being a team owner? Couldn't he just have hired a managing director instead? This withdrawal for one whole season effectively ended the team in the long run.

Another point that the Bernie profile could focus on is his connection to all of the reject drivers that raced for his teams Connaught and Motor Racing Developments (Brabham). Corrado Fabi substituting for his brother Teo Fabi in 1984, who was busy in the US American CART series, as well as in F1, wasn't much of a help to defending F1 champion Nelson Piquet, was he?
The only similar pairing I could think of from recent years is the duo of Damon Hill and Pedro Diniz at Arrows in 1997.
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
"You will never see a Mercedes using a Ferrari engine or the other way round."
Irisado

Post by Irisado »

Yes, I agree that Bernie Ecclestone needs a reject profile, after all, he's arguably one of the least successful drivers ever to sit in a Grand Prix car (drivers who have driven in just one race have performed better than Ecclestone did in two, Hasemi and Winklehock spring immediately to mind). Besides, I really do think that Ecclestone is highly deserving of reject status, in light of his personality if nothing else.
My favourite teams: Minardi, Forti, Osella

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

It doesn't really ultimately matter what he's done since (although much of it has been rejectful, even if he has made it a multi-billion dollar sport - which has led to the current political stand-off between the FIA and teams) but to qualify as an F1 Reject relies solely on your results on the track and Bernie is a reject. End of.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Debaser

Post by Debaser »

He's a bona fide reject, failed miserably as a driver. Make a profile!!!
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

Ecclestone to come back to F1 as the ultimate pay driver! He's light enough!
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

watka wrote:Ecclestone to come back to F1 as the ultimate pay driver! He's light enough!

He's also got quite a bit of dough
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

I wonder when was the last time he's been at the wheel of a race car. In the 1970s, helping with pushing it from the trailer into the garage maybe?
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
"You will never see a Mercedes using a Ferrari engine or the other way round."
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

He's more than a reject, he's bloody ruined the whole sport (oh yes, I said bloody).
Would be a fantastic read.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
Henrique

Post by Henrique »

Yannick wrote:I wonder when was the last time he's been at the wheel of a race car. In the 1970s, helping with pushing it from the trailer into the garage maybe?

Well, he has quite an impressive race car collection. I'm sure he probably sits on one of them once in a while, just to get the feel of it.
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

Henrique wrote:
Yannick wrote:I wonder when was the last time he's been at the wheel of a race car. In the 1970s, helping with pushing it from the trailer into the garage maybe?

Well, he has quite an impressive race car collection. I'm sure he probably sits on one of them once in a while, just to get the feel of it.

... which would work better if he could reach the pedals.
LionZoo

Post by LionZoo »

If I remember correctly, didn't Bernie get a profile before the site was hacked?
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

LionZoo wrote:If I remember correctly, didn't Bernie get a profile before the site was hacked?

No. The long-standing Ecclestone policy is something akin to "He'll get his profile right when we get servers big enough to hold all of the information."
Waris

Post by Waris »

Whoa! He actually qualified at Silverstone? :o

But yeah, though he's theoretically definitely eligible, any useful F1 Rejects profile on him would have to be centered heavily on the circumstances surrounding his two vague entries, rather than the stuff everyone already knows. And that information seems to me very hard to obtain, unless you would ask the man himself...
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
Irisado

Post by Irisado »

Waris wrote:Whoa! He actually qualified at Silverstone? :o
And that information seems to me very hard to obtain, unless you would ask the man himself...

I somehow don't think that Ecclestone is going to agree to talk about his driving 'career' ;) . He never answers a question at the best of times, so if he's asked about something in which he wasn't successful, you can just imagine how he will completely bat the question away.
My favourite teams: Minardi, Forti, Osella

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente
GinShaiman

Post by GinShaiman »

I'm not sure if Bernie actually got in the car at all for the British Grand Prix, he may just have been listed as an entrant. As someone previous stated there's not a lot of info out there on his driving career.