What if... Deletraz had done a full season

The place for respectful and reverent discussion of Reject drivers and teams, whether profiled or not as yet
Londoner

What if... Deletraz had done a full season

Post by Londoner »

I wonder what other acts he may have done to cement his pay-driver legend had he either got the Pacific seat for all of 1995 and somehow managed to get a drive for 1996.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
DemocalypseNow

Re: What if... Deletraz had done a full season

Post by DemocalypseNow »

East Londoner wrote:I wonder what other acts he may have done to cement his pay-driver legend had he either got the Pacific seat for all of 1995 and somehow managed to get a drive for 1996.

Then Luca Badoer or Andrea Montermini may never have raced for Forti. It was the only seat he was ever going to get after 1995!
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Nah he would have beaten Diniz to the Ligier seat and taken his millions there instead of Diniz's Parmalat money! Plus being Francophone and all that...
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

Don't see why Sauber wouldn't have come knocking eventually. :D
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

watka wrote:Don't see why Sauber wouldn't have come knocking eventually. :D

Yeah, who knows by 1998, teams like Jordan, Benetton and even Williams would be going for him, or Ferrari or Mclaren. *sarcasm*
I like the way Snrub thinks!
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

Deletraz would eventually had his superlicense revoked for wrecking one of the leaders when they came to lap him, and caused a huge schamozzle at Monaco or the first rain race he was in.

Assuming he lasted THAT long...
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
coops

Post by coops »

He may have actually scored points at Monaco in 1996 (because of the mega high attrition) and we would never had had this forum title!
"Aerodynamics is for those who cannot manufacture good engines."
-Enzo Ferrari
f1-gast

Post by f1-gast »

AndreaModa wrote:Nah he would have beaten Diniz to the Ligier seat and taken his millions there instead of Diniz's Parmalat money! Plus being Francophone and all that...

Diniz wasn't that bad he was a avarage f1 driver, and if he got a car at that time like the jordan we would finish deffenly once on the podium.
But what if Deletraz would joined arrows or Sauber, i think those teams where the laugh of f1.
==ROBIN FRIJNS FOR SAUBER IN 2014==
Founder of unracedf1.com and a formula 1 fan since 1994 :) !
http://www.facebook.com/UnracedF1
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

f1-gast wrote:
AndreaModa wrote:Nah he would have beaten Diniz to the Ligier seat and taken his millions there instead of Diniz's Parmalat money! Plus being Francophone and all that...

Diniz wasn't that bad he was a avarage f1 driver, and if he got a car at that time like the jordan we would finish deffenly once on the podium.
But what if Deletraz would joined arrows or Sauber, i think those teams where the laugh of f1.

I agree, we know now that Diniz was in fact a much better driver than Delatraz! But at that time, both were driving for back of the grid teams, both had money, and if Delatraz had done a full season, Ligier might have plumped for his bucks instead of Diniz's, as at that time neither driver had done anything to remotely impress the F1 paddock.

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

AndreaModa wrote:
f1-gast wrote:

I agree, we know now that Diniz was in fact a much better driver than Delatraz! But at that time, both were driving for back of the grid teams, both had money, and if Delatraz had done a full season, Ligier might have plumped for his bucks instead of Diniz's, as at that time neither driver had done anything to remotely impress the F1 paddock.

I thought, according to the team principal at Pacific that Deletraz defaulted on payment?
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

He did, but if we're assuming he did the full season and had the money, then things may have been different... :P

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

f1-gast wrote:

Uh... no they weren't. Arrows may have signed Rosset once, but really, both were pretty solid midfield. By no means were they joke teams.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

he would have gotten The ligier drive then got points at Mónaco then diniz would stay at forti then forti would still be in F1 today
Tread lightly in ARWS. Every decision might be your last.
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

Aerond wrote:he would have gotten The ligier drive then got points at Mónaco then diniz would stay at forti then forti would still be in F1 today

He wouldn't have replaced Diniz, he would have replaced Panis and won at Monaco.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
mediocre

Post by mediocre »

Then "stay" with Prost in 1997 and go on to finish on the podium in Canada instead of breaking his legs and eventually, he would sign a Ferrari contract for 1998 to replace the disappointing Eddie Irvine.
RejectSteve

Post by RejectSteve »

coops wrote:He may have actually scored points at Monaco in 1996 (because of the mega high attrition) and we would never had had this forum title!

He would still have been an unclassified finisher. This is Deletraz we're talking about.
Nissanymania! Friday has never been the same since.

The car in front is a Stefan.
coops

Post by coops »

RejectSteve wrote:
coops wrote:He may have actually scored points at Monaco in 1996 (because of the mega high attrition) and we would never had had this forum title!

He would still have been an unclassified finisher. This is Deletraz we're talking about.

But that was a topsy-turvy race. He could've even had a Panis Moment and, gulp, won it!
"Aerodynamics is for those who cannot manufacture good engines."
-Enzo Ferrari
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

coops wrote:
RejectSteve wrote:

But that was a topsy-turvy race. He could've even had a Panis Moment and, gulp, won it!

This is DELETRAZ we're talking about, he would have taken out Villeneuve before Badoer had a chance to due to his swerving antics.

So what I basically am saying is that if Deletraz took the Ligier drive it would have meant Luca Badoer would have won the Monaco Grand Prix for Forti, gotten the Ferrari drive, blown Michael Schumacher's pants off, and would have 5 World Championships.
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.