Monaco

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
eagleash

Monaco

Post by eagleash »

Some good news.

Monaco GP apparently with us for the next 10 yrs (or until Bernie :evil: puts the price up again).

http://wp.me/ppB1o-11h
DemocalypseNow wrote: when eagleash of all people says you've gone too far about something you just know that's when to apply the brakes and do a U-turn.
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Monaco

Post by watka »

On Captain Hammer's advise, I'm not trusting this information because it's Joe Saward. :lol:

Anyway, I didn't even realise Monaco needed a contract, I thought it's inclusion was written into the Declaration of Independence or something.
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
eagleash

Post by eagleash »

watka wrote:On Captain Hammer's advise, I'm not trusting this information because it's Joe Saward. :lol:

Anyway, I didn't even realise Monaco needed a contract, I thought it's inclusion was written into the Declaration of Independence or something.

Yes the Capt. will be disapproving (again). Papaya shields at the ready.

Phew.......Collantine also posts news........do not retract shields just yet.
DemocalypseNow wrote: when eagleash of all people says you've gone too far about something you just know that's when to apply the brakes and do a U-turn.
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

watka wrote:Anyway, I didn't even realise Monaco needed a contract, I thought it's inclusion was written into the Declaration of Independence or something.

:lol:
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

You're safe good sir, It's on autosport too.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
eagleash

Post by eagleash »

Wizzie wrote:You're safe good sir, It's on autosport too.

Yep they all posted around the same time!

Even the Capt. can't grumble now.....(probably).

Retract shields.....

INCOMING!!!!
coops

Post by coops »

Maybe now we'll get to see the infamous 'F1 cars have so much downforce they could race upside down in the tunnel at Monaco' experiment.
"Aerodynamics is for those who cannot manufacture good engines."
-Enzo Ferrari
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

coops wrote:Maybe now we'll get to see the infamous 'F1 cars have so much downforce they could race upside down in the tunnel at Monaco' experiment.

Hulkenberg did try, this year... :mrgreen:
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

eagleash wrote:Papaya shields at the ready.

Won't do you much good, since I've upgraded to pomegranate.
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
DonTirri
Location: Herttoniemi, Helsinki, Finland, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way.

Post by DonTirri »

eagleash wrote:Monaco GP apparently with us for the next 10 yrs (or until Bernie :evil: puts the price up again).

Not even Bernie has the balls to cut Monaco from the schedule. He'd be lynched on the spot.
I got Pointed Opinions and I ain't afraid to use em!
F1rejects no.1Räikkönen and Vettel fan.
BTW, thats Räikkönen with two K's and two N's. Not Raikonnen (Raikkonen is fine if you have no umlauts though)
Jordan192

Post by Jordan192 »

DonTirri wrote:
eagleash wrote:Monaco GP apparently with us for the next 10 yrs (or until Bernie :evil: puts the price up again).

Not even Bernie has the balls to cut Monaco from the schedule. He'd be lynched on the spot.

Of course. F1 needs Monaco even more than it needs Ferrari. Everyone knows it, and even he's on record as saying it. But still he plays the game with them. There's something very wrong with that man.
I coined the term "Lewisteria". The irony is that I actually quite like Lewis Hamilton.
eagleash

Post by eagleash »

Jordan192 wrote:
DonTirri wrote:

Of course. F1 needs Monaco even more than it needs Ferrari. Everyone knows it, and even he's on record as saying it. But still he plays the game with them. There's something very wrong with that man.

We may not always like what Bernie does but the old ******* is very good at it. :evil:
Porrima

Post by Porrima »

Interestingly enough, I read on finnish tv that Bernie had actually said that "We do not need Monaco" and "Europeans must pay more to keep their races. This includes Monaco. They have been getting their race practically free and must pay more now, or we'll leave Monaco behind."

Don't have sources now but I remember it well. Of course, the old Fokker is a player indeed.