100826 Germgarian GP Edition

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
Kuwashima
F1 Rejects Founder

100826 Germgarian GP Edition

Post by Kuwashima »

Gday all,

Well, we're back. Worse than ever. This is a pretty crappy effort on our behalf - might have to take a while to get back in the swing of things. It does, however, feature a fantastic finish courtesy of Tim Bendall - so persevere to the end if you dare.

See you after Belgium. Maybe.

Cheers,
Jamie
CarlosFerreira

Re: 100826 Germgarian GP Edition

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Oh My God! Oh My God! I'm going to cry!
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

You should have played this during the F1 quiz.

You also missed something about Rubens...notice how you mentioned Schumacher was The Stig. Rubens beats the Stig. A few weeks later Schumacher tries to kill Rubens by shoving him into a wall. Coincidence? I think not....

Conspiracy theorists, Stand up!
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
ADx_Wales
Location: The Fortress of Sofatude, with a laptop and a penchant for buying now TV day passes for F1 races.

Post by ADx_Wales »

Just listened to it, and hands down, Jamie's comeback, INFINATELY better than Schumacher's.

Welcome back Mr Webmaster, and welcome back Mr Senior Grandssss Prix Analyst.
"The worst part of my body that hurt in the fire was my balls" Gerhard Berger on Imola 1989
F1000X

Post by F1000X »

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
"Sebastian Bourdais- he once was a champ, but now he's a chump." -Will Power
Nin13

Post by Nin13 »

YAY!! :shock: :shock: :D :D
MICHAEL SCHUMACHER FAN.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Superb stuff guys, really great to hear you both back on the air again! :D

Looking forward to that Singapore edition too!
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Another top notch podcast. :mrgreen:

Enoch, will it be possible for you to interview several of the drivers at Singapore? (Namely some of the guys at the new teams.)
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

YES!

It feels so wonderful!
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
Kobacrashi

Post by Kobacrashi »

After getting the best suprise at work today of a brand new podcast to entertain myself through the morning imagine my dissapointment to find what i can only describe as, a complete and utter load of spurious crap!!!!

But it made me laugh so for that some praise must be awarded, so a begrudging thanks guys.
Kobayashi is back! Need I say more!
DP-Future F1 Reject

Post by DP-Future F1 Reject »

so exciting :D
welcome back Jamie!
and keep up the good work enoch
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Kobacrashi wrote:After getting the best suprise at work today of a brand new podcast to entertain myself through the morning imagine my dissapointment to find what i can only describe as, a complete and utter load of spurious crap!!!!

But it made me laugh so for that some praise must be awarded, so a begrudging thanks guys.

Crikey there's nothing like a bit of direct criticism is there? :lol:

I'd say Schumacher's gonna have an easier ride than you are Jamie in this comeback malarky if this is anything to go by!
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Ed24

Post by Ed24 »

Its brilliant to have you back Jamie - I haven't listened to the podcast yet, but I'm sure its top work as ever!
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
-Abraham Lincoln
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

kostas22 wrote:You should have played this during the F1 quiz.

You also missed something about Rubens...notice how you mentioned Schumacher was The Stig. Rubens beats the Stig. A few weeks later Schumacher tries to kill Rubens by shoving him into a wall. Coincidence? I think not....

Conspiracy theorists, Stand up!

I know, when Barrichello beat The Stig's time, he should have said, Not bad for a number 2 driver.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Loved the ending - brilliant stuff!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
TimmyB

Post by TimmyB »

OK..... Here we go.....

Jamie and Enoch are better than you. Do you understand?

Joke credits go to ADx_Wales
Last edited by TimmyB on 27 Aug 2010, 00:43, edited 2 times in total.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

TimmyB wrote:OK..... Here we go.....

Jamie and Enoch are beter than you. Do you understand?

The original comminity podcast was a stop-gap. Can you confirm you understood the message?
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Bert

Post by Bert »

One step closer to the 100th podcast!

10 minutes in... EPIC!

Thanks to the Community Edition, Keep up the good work!

Thanks to the aliens to de-abducting Jamie and Enoch!
You break it, I fix it, or vice-versa.
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

Jamie returns with a vengeance! I am absolutely ecstatic!!!!!!!!!!!!YAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Enoch, if you're gonna be on the ground on Singapore, how about twittering your way through?
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
eytl
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by eytl »

CarlosFerreira wrote:Enoch, if you're gonna be on the ground on Singapore, how about twittering your way through?

I wish I could, but I have a prehistoric phone that has no WiFi or net access, and where I'm staying has no internet either. So unless I keep raiding internet cafes, I can't really do that ...
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

eytl wrote:
CarlosFerreira wrote:Enoch, if you're gonna be on the ground on Singapore, how about twittering your way through?

I wish I could, but I have a prehistoric phone that has no WiFi or net access, and where I'm staying has no internet either. So unless I keep raiding internet cafes, I can't really do that ...

Ah! Shame. Better keep a diary or something, then.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

TimmyB wrote:OK..... Here we go.....

Jamie and Enoch are better than you. Do you understand?

Joke credits go to ADx_Wales

So, you had already noted every mention of HWNSNBM... sorry man, but that's a bit over the top.
ADx_Wales
Location: The Fortress of Sofatude, with a laptop and a penchant for buying now TV day passes for F1 races.

Post by ADx_Wales »

I'm gonna put my nuts on the line here and suggest that not every mention of HWNSNBM was put onto that montage:-P, or don't our ones at the start of the season count?
"The worst part of my body that hurt in the fire was my balls" Gerhard Berger on Imola 1989
TimmyB

Post by TimmyB »

shinji wrote:So, you had already noted every mention of HWNSNBM... sorry man, but that's a bit over the top.

I know... it's crazy isn't it, and a little embarrassing. :oops:
Put it this way, I got these records from a larger list I made over a long period of time for another project I was working on.

And ADx_Wales your balls are safe (for now), the community podcasts don't count. :lol: (and some of the more recent podcasts weren't counted)
razta

Post by razta »

Just listened to it..

Brilliant podcast guys.. Jamie, you're a Star for the plug - cheers Mate
oh and FYI - I'm a Schumacher Fan :D
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

Gotta love the way you Aussies pronounce Zsolt Baumgartner.
Ed24

Post by Ed24 »

eytl wrote:

You can send tweets by SMS if you want - just look in the settings section of the Twitter account.

Obviously this would have some cost (although its only standard message rates), but I think we would appreciate it if you could send a couple of tweets on your trip!
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
-Abraham Lincoln
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

Welcome back to the podcast Mr. Kuwashima! It's been a nice surprise to hear you're back.
Who or which entity do you think has the best chances at the moment of winning the Reject Of the Year award?

The new intro music from the Turkapediantish GP edition of the podcast should be kept on the air. It's fresh and exciting. Please bring it back. Thanks for considering.

Enoch, you are really great at writing haikus. Amazing.

Here's looking foward to F1Rejects' field trip to the Singaporean GP. Here's hoping that there will be the chance to interview one or the other eligible driver or team member for a profile on the website. It might be unlikely, but you shouldn't rule it out.

In fact, I believe, as podcasts and blogs are gaining ground on traditional media, that Enoch ought to be given a press pass to the paddock.
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
"You will never see a Mercedes using a Ferrari engine or the other way round."
eytl
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by eytl »

Yannick wrote:Here's looking foward to F1Rejects' field trip to the Singaporean GP. Here's hoping that there will be the chance to interview one or the other eligible driver or team member for a profile on the website. It might be unlikely, but you shouldn't rule it out.

In fact, I believe, as podcasts and blogs are gaining ground on traditional media, that Enoch ought to be given a press pass to the paddock.

Hahaha, I think the chances of interviewing anyone will be pretty remote, because: (a) my ticket means I can wander around most of the precinct but I won't get anywhere near the pits and paddock (and my seat is in the grandstand just after Piquet corner, right where the cars go under the grandstand at turn 18), and (b) I won't have any decent recording equipment! But you never know, I might just get lucky!

Press pass would be cool but I can't imagine what we'd have to fork out to get that. And to be honest I think I'd prefer a photographer's pass. One of the main aims of the trip, I'll be frank, is to indulge my other passion these days of photography. I'm even splashing out a few thousand dollars for a new lens just for the purpose!
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

eytl wrote:Press pass would be cool but I can't imagine what we'd have to fork out to get that. And to be honest I think I'd prefer a photographer's pass. One of the main aims of the trip, I'll be frank, is to indulge my other passion these days of photography. I'm even splashing out a few thousand dollars for a new lens just for the purpose!

Sounds awesome. If you upload some stuff afterwards, would you mind mentioning it here so we can have a look?
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

I'm sure that Singapore, in all it's nightly splendour, will be an awesome place to shoot. Enjoy!
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

eytl wrote:Press pass would be cool but I can't imagine what we'd have to fork out to get that. And to be honest I think I'd prefer a photographer's pass. One of the main aims of the trip, I'll be frank, is to indulge my other passion these days of photography. I'm even splashing out a few thousand dollars for a new lens just for the purpose!

It is plain obvious that Bernie still has not noticed the promotional potential that the blogosphere, here represented by you eytl, can offer to F1, as opposed to the fashion world, where these days, the front rows of fashion shows consist of bloggers, not just of celebrities. Not having noticed this trend, he may be past his zenith. Well, let's hope for the best ...

Have a nice trip to Singapore!
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
"You will never see a Mercedes using a Ferrari engine or the other way round."
P_Friesacher

Post by P_Friesacher »

By the way, about the Autrian anthem. It was deliberately chosen in 1945 to be a bit dull and uninspiring - so the troops won't be able to march to the tunes!
Row Man Gross-Gene

Post by Row Man Gross-Gene »

Absolutely fantastic to have Jamie back and the two of you in the saddle together. (that last metaphor conjures up visions of brokeback mountain doesn't it?)

Timmy B. you are not insane. I only say this because for people who are insane, there is medical help. For you, I'm afraid it's too late. ;)
It's just unbelievable...that Formula 1 could be such a ridiculous melange of idiots.

-Jamie McGregor

Check out my colo(u)ring pages website: http://sites.google.com/site/carcoloringpages/
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Row Man Gross-Gene wrote:Timmy B. you are not insane. I only say this because for people who are insane, there is medical help. For you, I'm afraid it's too late. ;)

To those who are insane, I tell them to stop swimming in the river in Paris, France...
To those who are in denial, I tell them to stop swimming in the river in Cairo, Egypt...

For these terrible puns, I am slightly sorry.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

Dear Jamie and Enoch

For the next podcast, could I please request that you sing the Canberra Milk Kid song. If so, I will be as jolly as I would be if Karun Chandhok were to win a race.
RejectSteve

Post by RejectSteve »

Yannick wrote:It is plain obvious that Bernie still has not noticed the promotional potential that the blogosphere, here represented by you eytl, can offer to F1, as opposed to the fashion world, where these days, the front rows of fashion shows consist of bloggers, not just of celebrities. Not having noticed this trend, he may be past his zenith. Well, let's hope for the best ...

Have a nice trip to Singapore!

That reminds me of the work that Antti Kalhola does with his video productions. Most of his stuff has been taken off YouTube but if you find anything, you'll see how good he is and how it promotes F1 better than FOM does (though he also does lots of rallying videos - as a Finn, I guess he has to?).
Nissanymania! Friday has never been the same since.

The car in front is a Stefan.
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

Listened to this on my holiday, all I can say about Jamie's return is this.

Looking forward to Enoch's outing to Singapore!
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
johnston21

Post by johnston21 »

Welcome back Jamie. Great to have you both "at it" again!