Missing The Podcasts

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
johnston21

Missing The Podcasts

Post by johnston21 »

Yes, the race reviewes are great, but they don't make me laugh nearly as hard as the podcasts.

Soon please?

Cheers!
dr-baker

Re: Missing The Podcasts

Post by dr-baker »

johnston21 wrote:Yes, the race reviewes are great, but they don't make me laugh nearly as hard as the podcasts.

Soon please?

Cheers!

Sentiments shared, despite acknowledging the busyness of the lives of Enoch and Jamie!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

Tim Bendall, step forward?
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
eytl
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by eytl »

I've been trying to rouse Jamie, but it's the early stages of the rugby season here in New South Wales and he pretty much as rugby-related commitments 24/7 as part of his job and budding refereeing career.

Trust me, I'm in the mood for some podcast action myself. Especially after, of all things, watching a part of the royal wedding despite promising myself that I wouldn't, and finding that I just couldn't help slipping into Senior Grand Prix Analyst (or should that be Senior Royal Wedding and Foreign Dignitary Analyst) mode.
razta

Post by razta »

eytl wrote:I've been trying to rouse Jamie, but it's the early stages of the rugby season here in New South Wales and he pretty much as rugby-related commitments 24/7 as part of his job and budding refereeing career.

Trust me, I'm in the mood for some podcast action myself. Especially after, of all things, watching a part of the royal wedding despite promising myself that I wouldn't, and finding that I just couldn't help slipping into Senior Grand Prix Analyst (or should that be Senior Royal Wedding and Foreign Dignitary Analyst) mode.

Enoch, we all know who the ROTW was now.. Boris Johnson, aka BoJo and his "Tandem bike" wedding gift.. hehe
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

eytl wrote:I've been trying to rouse Jamie, but it's the early stages of the rugby season here in New South Wales and he pretty much as rugby-related commitments 24/7 as part of his job and budding refereeing career.

Sounds like a job for a community podcast... >_>
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
UPRC

Post by UPRC »

Enoch should have a guest host via Skype when Jamie isn't available. That would be pretty interesting, wouldn't it?
BATracer GP2 Liveries
Dozens of original liveries for use with the GP2 carset.

(There's even an F1 Rejects livery!)
Jeroen Krautmeir

Post by Jeroen Krautmeir »

Jamie and Enoch should be the commentators for Australian F1 coverage... :D
Honourary Youngest Forum Member, Joint Mackem Of The Forum

"When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting".
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

UPRC wrote:Enoch should have a guest host via Skype when Jamie isn't available. That would be pretty interesting, wouldn't it?

Enoch and Tim Bendell perhaps?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Pommy Barsteward

Post by Pommy Barsteward »

Spot the difference competition:

v

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOErZuzZpS8
Row Man Gross-Gene

Post by Row Man Gross-Gene »

Motion Eleventhed!

Nothing has the potential to make me laugh out loud at work and look like an idiot (not that I need much help) like the F1 Rejects Podcast. I definitely consider myself a male, hetero, non-sexual groupie of the F1 Rejects podcast.
It's just unbelievable...that Formula 1 could be such a ridiculous melange of idiots.

-Jamie McGregor

Check out my colo(u)ring pages website: http://sites.google.com/site/carcoloringpages/
Peter

Post by Peter »

Still a relative newbie here at F1Rejects, and i've got to say, this place is such a great collaboration of F1 crackheads, that I go nowhere else for F1 news, nowhere else is as fun :D.

But i've got no idea what the podcast is. Is it a discussion of races and seasons so far, but THROUGH SPEECH? :o If so, then i'm hugely interested in it.
"The FIA's implementation of penalties is about as effective as that of the English football team."
Jeroen Krautmeir

Peter wrote:Still a relative newbie here at F1Rejects, and i've got to say, this place is such a great collaboration of F1 crackheads, that I go nowhere else for F1 news, nowhere else is as fun :D.

But i've got no idea what the podcast is. Is it a discussion of races and seasons so far, but THROUGH SPEECH? :o If so, then i'm hugely interested in it.

How could you be part of F1 Rejects, and not know the podcasts??? They were arguably the heart and soul of the whole thing prior to the forum!

I can't really explain what it is, my mastery of the English language is pretty poor. So wait for someone else to stroll along.

"When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting".
Peter

Post by Peter »

Jeroen Krautmeir wrote:
Peter wrote:Still a relative newbie here at F1Rejects, and i've got to say, this place is such a great collaboration of F1 crackheads, that I go nowhere else for F1 news, nowhere else is as fun :D.

How could you be part of F1 Rejects, and not know the podcasts??? They were arguably the heart and soul of the whole thing prior to the forum!

I can't really explain what it is, my mastery of the English language is pretty poor. So wait for someone else to stroll along.

My account is just under 7 months old, and i've almost always been in Paul Stoddart. This is the first time in a while i've been in HWNSNBM. Forgive my foolishness :(
"The FIA's implementation of penalties is about as effective as that of the English football team."
Jeroen Krautmeir

Peter wrote:
Jeroen Krautmeir wrote:

My account is just under 7 months old, and i've almost always been in Paul Stoddart. This is the first time in a while i've been in HWNSNBM. Forgive my foolishness :(

No problems. By right, you have every right to bash me up, I'm probably a whole decade younger than you :P

Peter

Post by Peter »

Jeroen Krautmeir wrote:
Peter wrote:
Jeroen Krautmeir wrote:How could you be part of F1 Rejects, and not know the podcasts??? They were arguably the heart and soul of the whole thing prior to the forum!

No problems. By right, you have every right to bash me up, I'm probably a whole decade younger than you :P

Nope, i'm only 14...

OMGWTFBBQ Are you 4??!!! :lol:
Jeroen Krautmeir

Peter wrote:Nope, i'm only 14...

Right, so you're on par with Tommy, I think. I still keep my 'Youngest Forum Member' title! :D

tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Jeroen Krautmeir wrote:
Peter wrote:Nope, i'm only 14...

Right, so you're on par with Tommy, I think. I still keep my 'Youngest Forum Member' title! :D

No, I think I'm a few months older. I turn 15 on Friday next week.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Ah, the kids grow up so fast todays :D
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

This wrote:Ah, the kids grow up so fast todays :D

:lol:
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
europeanminardi

Post by europeanminardi »

I remember being sick some years ago and wondering "what to do with all the time at hand"?

I found two things, which I think are great and I think they're both gone now...

- the F1 Rejects podcast, letting me know that I'm a) not the only one who cares for the back of the grid and b) Minardi wasn't that bad a team after all.
- and Battlestar Galactica

Now, I can easily live with BSG being over, there's Fringe and Game of Thrones out there now. But what substitute for F1R.Podcasts? There simply is none! They made me an addict and then they stopped ;( ;(

I've listened to any of those podcasts at least three times (I'm a biker and a daily commuter) and they're among the best that you can get on itunes. I fear listening through them again would be seriosly bad for my mental health (given I ever had such a thing). What's left is the "and there Lavaggi, and he's getting a little bit in the way there"-ringtone on my moblie phone and, at every race, the thought: What would Jamie and Enoch say? It is so sad that just when F1 became interesting again (2009), the podcast faded out....
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

Never quite worked out why, but I've only listened to a small handful of the podcasts. But, after it was pointed out to me on another thread that there was an interview with HWNSNBM on the Melbourne 2009 (Sunday) edition, I thought I'd go back and listen to it. I was expecting that it was going to be, say, Jamie asking the questions and Enoch saying "my hovercraft is full of eels" in a really bad Hungarian accent. After all, HWNSNBM has barely appeared in any racing series since his brief foray into F1, and I wasn't expecting him to speak a word of English.

Never have I been quite so pleased to be wrong.

And I immediately had a look for the Minardi two-seater F1 car, and although the minardif1x2.com website hasn't been updated since late 2007 ("the calendar for 2008 has not yet been finalised"), this Richard's F1 page that names HWNSNBM as one of the regular Minardi two-seater drivers is from this year (even though there's no indication of the year on the page, it very clearly said "2011" on the link to it). So it seems that's what is keeping HWNSNBM occupied these days - other than jamming a seven-league bathplug into BP's leaking oil pipes, dethroning Than Shwe from his iron grip on Burma, fertilising crops in Saharan Africa, spreading peace throughout the Middle East and generally saving the world. These are facts.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

You do know Richard's F1 is on this forum (or at least a guy in charge of the site)?
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

tommykl wrote:You do know Richard's F1 is on this forum (or at least a guy in charge of the site)?

He only comes by to pimp his interviews.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

thehemogoblin wrote:
tommykl wrote:You do know Richard's F1 is on this forum (or at least a guy in charge of the site)?

He only comes by to pimp his interviews.

You have a point there, though he does occasionally post other stuff.

Henrique

Post by Henrique »

With all the stuff that happened at the Monaco Grand Prix and the recent break between Virgin and Wirth, now would be the perfect time for a podcast.
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

Yes - I've seen the posts, usually about "we've interviewed driver X", and more often than not I'll go and read them. I also figure it's OK to post such links, because I've never seen Captain Hammer reply with "AAARGH HATE".
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Not to put pressure on him, but I always saw Tim (Bendall) as a natural born successor to Enoch and Jamie. We just need to find another Aussie to be his co-presenter and I think we can start the podcasts up again (because, quite frankly, I was dire as co-host in the community podcasts...)
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

kostas22 wrote:Not to put pressure on him, but I always saw Tim (Bendall) as a natural born successor to Enoch and Jamie. We just need to find another Aussie to be his co-presenter and I think we can start the podcasts up again (because, quite frankly, I was dire as co-host in the community podcasts...)

And that co-presenter will be me. :P
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
TimmyB

Post by TimmyB »

kostas22 wrote:Not to put pressure on him, but I always saw Tim (Bendall) as a natural born successor to Enoch and Jamie.

:oops: Aw shucks...

There's a few angles I'd like to tackle this thread from. Firstly, I completely agree with the sentiment. I miss the F1 Rejects podcasts as well, there is indeed nothing like it in the F1 world. The fact that people go back and listen to past podcasts says all you need to know, they are entertainment regardless of the currency of the coverage.

Secondly, as much as we need to accept that all things must come to an end at some time, this isn't the case with the podcast, as it sits in limbo for months waiting for two busy men to synchronise a weekend or couple of evenings together. This makes things more difficult for everyone as 'the next one' is always begging to be thought about.

Thridly, with regards to suggestions of me teaming up with Enoch, it's sort of an unwritten law that the Jamie and Enoch partnership should be protected and that Enoch teaming up with someone else would be a betrayal of that. Let's remember that this is two mates doing something together for fun, and if I was in their shoes I'd be equally guarded about 'officially' bringing someone else on board. Also, I've only met him once and the chances of the same dynamic being created are frightfuly slim, especially across a Skype connection. Despite this, I am still open to the idea.

Finally, I enjoyed the opportunity to participate in a couple of community podcasts and am thankful that I got more positive feedback than negative. I'm open to future suggestions but I'm not going to go actively seeking them in the same way I did last year.

Phew! That'll do me. :D
Row Man Gross-Gene

Tim, you hit the nail on the head. It really needs to be Jaime and Enoch. This is why some broadcaster needs to finance them. I don't know whether they'd be suited to live race commentary, but I know they would kick ass in a "Talk Soup"-type formula one TV or radio show. Why one of the satellite radio companies haven't signed them up for a weekly show, I'll never know.
It's just unbelievable...that Formula 1 could be such a ridiculous melange of idiots.

-Jamie McGregor

Check out my colo(u)ring pages website: http://sites.google.com/site/carcoloringpages/
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Should a community podcast ever happen again, depending on when I'm free, I probably will throw something in.

razta

Post by razta »

WHERE IS IT?????!!!!
eytl
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by eytl »

Peoples:

Be careful what you wish for.

Be very, very afraid.

The Auslaychiturnishmonacanapean edition has just been recorded.
razta

Post by razta »

eytl wrote:Peoples:

Be careful what you wish for.

Be very, very afraid.

The Auslaychiturnishmonacanapean edition has just been recorded.

HAHHAHAH NIce!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

No way! Nice one, guys! Looking forward to it already! When's it coming? :?: :?: :?:
MCard LOLA
TimmyB

Post by TimmyB »

Sweet as. Looking forward to it.
Row Man Gross-Gene

Will this be the longest podcast ever? It's going to be like I'm mainlining rejectdom!

-Jamie McGregor

DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Great news then! Can't wait to hear it. It must be about 3 hours long!!! :D
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.