You are Sauber Management

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
stupot94

You are Sauber Management

Post by stupot94 »

You are Sauber management.

You have allowed Segio Perez to go home after he complained of dizzyness and leg pains.
Many third/test drivers are at the Montreal circuit, which on would you choose? or Do you agree with Peter Saubers decision?

I would have gotten someone else rather than De La Rosa, maybe Senna or a Ferrari third driver
Say your prayers, here comes the Pastor
sswishbone

Re: You are Sauber Management

Post by sswishbone »

De la rosa was best option, he has knowledge of the team tactics, the staff in the garage and as he is working with Mclaren is unlikely to be needed the day after so more likely to be released. Ferrari only have the untried Bianchi, at a track where experienced drivers like Barrichello, Hamilton and Vettel had incidents, would you employ a total rookie? I wouldn't
"Hispania are a waste of talent and petrol!" Martin Brundle, Australia Qualifying 2011

Live streams and podcasts from yours truly at http://www.youtube.com/user/sswishbone
eagleash

Post by eagleash »

According to BBC commentary, Sauber had already spoken to DLR & McLaren during the week, knowing that their 3rd driver was likely to be unavailable & that Pedro would be at the track with McLaren, just in case Perez had complications.
With previous Sauber connections, loads of experience & Pirelli knowledge, he would be seen as both a convenient option & a safe pair of hands.
DemocalypseNow wrote: when eagleash of all people says you've gone too far about something you just know that's when to apply the brakes and do a U-turn.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Eagleash has basically said everything I would have said (in other words, I agree with him).
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Myrvold

Post by Myrvold »

The only other I would've liked to see is Gary Paffet. And well, with De La Rosa as McLaren reserve driver, Paffet is not around!
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

eagleash wrote:With previous Sauber connections, loads of experience & Pirelli knowledge, he would be seen as both a convenient option & a safe pair of hands.

It also doesn't help that Guiterrez has never seen the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve from the wheel of a racing car before, and given the time taken to refit Perez's car, he would have had just one hour and ten minutes to learn the circut and start setup work before qualifying. And then there's his GP2 performance; so far this year, he's probably been the most disappointing driver of the lot (though it's not always his fault), having been comprehensively out-qualified and beaten by Jules Bianchi in every race in both GP2 and GP2 Asia.
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
ibsey

Post by ibsey »

I agree that DLR was the best option. Also consider that Sauber had his seat moulded already (something a rookie driver would have struggled without, particluarly in a difficult race). You have to say that qualifying 0.5 secs off Koba is a great result & I doubt that Guiterrez, would have achieved that.

Also I think DLR has unfinished business at this track. I recall last year he was throughly gutted from being putted out at the start of the race by (I think) Petrov. I do remember when DLR spoke in the BBC Forum after the race, he felt he could have got a good result last year considering how easy the Sauber was with tyres & his experience, etc. I geniuenly felt sorry for him at the time (& I'm not a DLR fan).

So that might be in the back of his mind, spuring him on also.
Coming January 2019 a new F1 book revisiting 1994.

Pre order it here; www.performancepublishing.co.uk/1994-th ... eason.html

The book's website; www.1994f1.com/
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

I think he did the right thing in bringing in De La Rosa. He's got plenty of experience and all Peter Sauber wants is the car to finish and remain trouble-free. Sure, quali wasn't the greatest, and an earlier crash probably dented his confidence. But I'm sure during the race he will stay out the wall.

I'm getting ready to eat humble pie though!!
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

Pedro for fourth place today anyone? :D

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
S951

Post by S951 »

Shizuka wrote:Pedro for fourth place today anyone? :D

I'll raise you one better Shizuka and go for 3rd :o
Luca Badoer we miss you appreciation group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/187177268036270/
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

If he does a podium, I'll put his face out as an avatar, I swear.

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
eagleash

Post by eagleash »

Captain Hammer wrote:
eagleash wrote:With previous Sauber connections, loads of experience & Pirelli knowledge, he would be seen as both a convenient option & a safe pair of hands.

It also doesn't help that Guiterrez has never seen the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve from the wheel of a racing car before, and given the time taken to refit Perez's car, he would have had just one hour and ten minutes to learn the circut and start setup work before qualifying. And then there's his GP2 performance; so far this year, he's probably been the most disappointing driver of the lot (though it's not always his fault), having been comprehensively out-qualified and beaten by Jules Bianchi in every race in both GP2 and GP2 Asia.

It's also possible that one or two others that might have been considered were already committed to Le Mans.
DemocalypseNow wrote: when eagleash of all people says you've gone too far about something you just know that's when to apply the brakes and do a U-turn.
eagleash

Post by eagleash »

Brundle has just tweeted that as DLR is in the Sauber that makes MB the Macca reserve driver. :o

http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg611/scaled ... &ysize=640
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

I would say that, given the Ferrari - Sauber ties and partnership, the best option by far was Badoer. But what is done is done...
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
Peter

Post by Peter »

DanielPT wrote:I would say that, given the Ferrari - Sauber ties and partnership, the best option by far was Badoer. But what is done is done...

Badoer is too old, and his performances in the dog-of-a-car F60 turned everyone off of him. Plus, DLR is already experienced with the team, and since the C30 is based off of the C29, more experience with the car as well.
"The FIA's implementation of penalties is about as effective as that of the English football team."
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Peter wrote:
DanielPT wrote:I would say that, given the Ferrari - Sauber ties and partnership, the best option by far was Badoer. But what is done is done...

Badoer is too old, and his performances in the dog-of-a-car F60 turned everyone off of him. Plus, DLR is already experienced with the team, and since the C30 is based off of the C29, more experience with the car as well.

Stop making rational arguments, nobody likes these. :mrgreen:
GroupLotusRenault

Post by GroupLotusRenault »

DLR yes a bit older at 40, but he did race the C29 which is the same as the C30. And he didnt do too bad for a guy who hasnt raced for 8 months.
Engineering Student

"Is it because im Black" Lewis Hamilton 2011 Monaco GP No its because you dont ram people off the track.

Eric Bollouir- "the arrogence of the english" Says the one who runs a English team based in England
Myrvold

Post by Myrvold »

He actually did well. Even though he just had the three new teams behind him. Stayed out of trouble, got some mileage, and brought it home. Just as expected! Now, will Perez recover to the next race. I got a (bigger) injury to my head 7 years ago(that explains a lot, doesn it?), and was not allowed to race anything again.
Ferrim

Post by Ferrim »

It was a typical De la Rosa race. He always manages to run into trouble -and most of the time he's not even the one to be blamed! He was running a strong 9th and was pretty fast before the red flag, not as much as Kobayashi but still fast; it seems the Sauber is well suited to wet weather conditions. Then, at the restart, he collided with Button -it was barely seen on TV and we didn't get any replay- and damaged his front wing. From there on it went downhill for him.

It's ability to race in traffic what made the different between DLR and Kobayashi in 2010 -and it again marked the difference last Sunday. Somehow Kobayashi always manages to gain places in the early laps while De la Rosa uses to stay put or go backwards. That also happened on Sunday, DLR stayed 17th or so and Kobayashi climbed from 13th to 9th.
Go home, Bernie Ecclestone!

"There will be no other victory this year, I can tell you, more welcomed than this one" Bob Varsha, 1995 Canadian GP

F1 Rejects Forums – going off-topic since 2009!