#2 Force India at Monza!

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
noisebox

#2 Force India at Monza!

Post by noisebox »

Got to be Luca!
"will you stop him playing tennis then?", referring to Montoya's famous shoulder injury, to which Whitmarsh replied "well, it's very difficult to play tennis on a motorbike"
Warren Hughes

Re: #2 Force India at Monza!

Post by Warren Hughes »

I can't see it being anyone except Tonio Liuzzi to be honest. Here's a bet for you: Tonio Liuzzi and Adrian Sutil to both escape rejectdom before the end of the season. What odds on that?
Nico Rosberg wrote:Break me down mentally? Good luck with that one.

:roll:
Nin13

Post by Nin13 »

It will be Vitantonio Liuzzi, Force India's test driver. Last chance for him to prove that he has something in him!!
MICHAEL SCHUMACHER FAN.
JDOD

Post by JDOD »

I've always thought Liuzzi deserved another go. He wasn't really given a fair crack by STR
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

It can only be Tonio Liuzzi. I can only hope that he knows the car better than Badoer knew the Ferrari before Valencia.
But anyway, this driver change will make things exciting at Monza because the Force 1ndia that Liuzzi will be getting is in fact a very competitive car. Here is hoping that he and Sutil will both be scoring at Monza.
Hopefully the Ferraris stay out of their way. (But if you count the hiring of Fisi, they already have not, and the race hasn't even started yet).
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
"You will never see a Mercedes using a Ferrari engine or the other way round."
Paul Hayes

Post by Paul Hayes »

I would be stunned if it weren't Liuzzi in the car.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Tonio sucks IMO. Reason he won F3000 title was because the rest of the field was completely shite.
I see Sutil on the podium at Monza, and Liuzzi not even finishing.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
rffp

Post by rffp »

Liuzzi should be the guy obviously, but it would be nice to see Karthikeyan oone again in the grid.
Or even award some profiled reject a chance like Badoer, Sarrazin, Mazzacane, etc.
A fan of Roberto Pupo Moreno, the one and only, the legend!
fjackdaw

Post by fjackdaw »

Probably Liuzzi, though a Badoer swap wouldn't fully startle me. He has more recent race experience - albeit at being crap - and he knows Monza well. But I'd say it's 95% probably it'll be Tonio. He deserves another shot. He and Klein were ditched too early.
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

fjackdaw wrote:Probably Liuzzi, though a Badoer swap wouldn't fully startle me. He has more recent race experience - albeit at being crap - and he knows Monza well. But I'd say it's 95% probably it'll be Tonio. He deserves another shot. He and Klein were ditched too early.

Couldn't agree more. If they were at a team like say Williams at the time they were active, both Liuzzi and Klien would have been in or around the points often.
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
Jack O Malley

Post by Jack O Malley »

If it won't be Liuzzi the whole universe will turn into a giant pancake. I would love to see Luca btw!
Sorry guys, I had a little outing.
MaxZero

Post by MaxZero »

Considering Liutzzi claimed he had been promised a race seat at Force India next year, it goes without saying that they'll put him in the car now

I never thought he was too bad a driver, when STR got rid of Scott Speed and he had some real team mate competition, he drove well. A Sutil/Liutzzi pairing sounds very promising
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

I'd like to see Sato making a comeback. Nakajima is just too boring :)
Tealy

Post by Tealy »

A Sato comeback would be awesome!

Liuzzi deserves this role, there are plenty of drivers with the same (or even less) ability level as him who have done well because of being at the right team at the right time. In my opinion Force India look like a team to be at for Monza at least so this is his opertunity. Let's hope he can take the chance unlike poor Luca.
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

It'll probably be Liuzzi, but I've heard that GP2's Vitaly Petrov has waved a stack of money under Vijay Mallya's nose to drive from Singapore. To be honest, I'd take the untried Petrov over the underperforming Liuzzi any day of the week. Force India are obviously very strong, so if Petrov can impress, he's going to amke a serious case to be drafted into a team for 2010. He's already quick in GP2, comes with plenty of backing and is the key to Russia and Eastern Europe as a market. He knows Campos, having worked with the team before, so getting race experience will be a huge boost for him.
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
noisebox

Post by noisebox »

Captain Hammer wrote:To be honest, I'd take the untried Petrov over the underperforming Liuzzi any day of the week.

Agreed. I guess it's kind of the raison d'etre of this site, but there does seem to be a lot of people around here who place loads of blind faith in drivers with a pretty poor record, such as Liuzzi. Other examples include the constant 'bigging up' of guys like Pedro DLR, Marc Gene and Alex Wurz. None of these have really cut it in the past, so get some new blood in!
"will you stop him playing tennis then?", referring to Montoya's famous shoulder injury, to which Whitmarsh replied "well, it's very difficult to play tennis on a motorbike"
hclw

Post by hclw »

noisebox wrote:Agreed. I guess it's kind of the raison d'etre of this site, but there does seem to be a lot of people around here who place loads of blind faith in drivers with a pretty poor record, such as Liuzzi. Other examples include the constant 'bigging up' of guys like Pedro DLR, Marc Gene and Alex Wurz. None of these have really cut it in the past, so get some new blood in!

I agree, we need new exciting rejects to replace all these boring old rejects
Paul Hayes

Post by Paul Hayes »

Although it has to be said that none of DLR, Gene or Wurz count as rejects by this website's standards.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Captain Hammer wrote:I'd take the untried Petrov over the underperforming Liuzzi any day of the week.

Give this man a beer!

Image Image
crazydude1992

Post by crazydude1992 »

Well, theres this guy in F2, named Kazim, from a certaint country in the very middle of Europe that begins with L... :roll:
Artificial intelligence is no match for F1 rejectdom.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

crazydude1992 wrote:Well, theres this guy in F2, named Kazim, from a certaint country in the very middle of Europe that begins with L... :roll:

I'd say Lithuania's more in East Europe than Central, but nitpicks aside, I assume you're talking about Kazim Vasiliauskas? What about him?
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
hclw

Post by hclw »

crazydude1992 wrote:Well, theres this guy in F2, named Kazim, from a certain country in the very middle of Europe that begins with L... :roll:

He's from Lermany? I've always wanted to go there
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

crazydude1992 wrote:Well, theres this guy in F2, named Kazim, from a certaint country in the very middle of Europe that begins with L... :roll:

Um, Lithuania is on the Baltic Sea, it shares a border with Russian. It's far closer to Scandinavia than th middle of Europe. Are you sure you're not thinking of Lichtenstein?
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

People live in Liechtenstein? I thought it was just one large business park!

Image Image
crazydude1992

Post by crazydude1992 »

Captain Hammer wrote:

Um, Lithuania is on the Baltic Sea, it shares a border with Russian. It's far closer to Scandinavia than th middle of Europe. Are you sure you're not thinking of Lichtenstein?

Well, one of our country's landmarks is the so-called geographical center of Europe.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geographic ... #Lithuania
Artificial intelligence is no match for F1 rejectdom.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

crazydude1992 wrote:
Captain Hammer wrote:

Well, one of our country's landmarks is the so-called geographical center of Europe.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geographic ... #Lithuania

Hmmm, never knew that. I suppose the confusion comes from that fact that Lithuania isn't in Central Europe, which is where you'd assume such a place to be.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:Hmmm, never knew that. I suppose the confusion comes from that fact that Lithuania isn't in Central Europe, which is where you'd assume such a place to be.

Yeah, this confusion is caused by the cultural meaning of Central Europe, not the geographical one.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

What about this Lithuanian guy in F2 then?
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

shinji wrote:What about this Lithuanian guy in F2 then?

He's not ready yet. We don't really know how F2 stacks up in comparison to GP2; I think GP2 is muh faster. Petrov will get a drive before Vasiliauskas - the Lithuanian guy; I challenge you to accurately spell his name while drunk - and F2 stablemate Mikhail Aleshin probably will as well. And there's a few other drivers in there who are not from Eastern Europe - Wickens, Jousse, but not Soucek after that Piquet-esque stunt he pulled with Coloni in Spa - who will also be in contention. But I don't think Force India would be seriously looking at any of them, anyway.
kaiserfranz

Post by kaiserfranz »

http://www.spox.com/de/sport/formel1/09 ... india.html

Thankfully, it's not going to be Ralf Schumacher.

I have to ask though, since when was he in the running?
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

kaiserfranz wrote:http://www.spox.com/de/sport/formel1/0909/Artikel/ralf-schumacher-kein-comeback.bei-force-india.html

Thankfully, it's not going to be Ralf Schumacher.

I have to ask though, since when was he in the running?

He did test drive for Force India when they were originally deciding between Ralf, Fisi, Klien, and Liuzzi.
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/78401
And that's that folks.
Sutil/Liuzzi combo for Monza
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

It's good to see that Tonio Liuzzi will be back in a competitive car.
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
"You will never see a Mercedes using a Ferrari engine or the other way round."
Henrique

Post by Henrique »

He deserves it :)
Alianora La Canta

Post by Alianora La Canta »

This is a good, sensible choice from Force India. Good luck to Tonio and Force India :)