ROTR Australia 2012

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
razta

ROTR Australia 2012

Post by razta »

Got a Nice early one in..

FIA, more specifically Charlie Whiting for his "over sight" on the aesthetics issue
For making all of us suffer the hideous noses this season..
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/98054
Ferrim

Re: ROTR Australia 2012

Post by Ferrim »

For now HRT have the early lead.
Go home, Bernie Ecclestone!

"There will be no other victory this year, I can tell you, more welcomed than this one" Bob Varsha, 1995 Canadian GP

F1 Rejects Forums – going off-topic since 2009!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Oh for goodness sake. This is Reject of the RACE. It's still only Friday.

And doesn't Captain Hammer feel this is his job? (Although when was he last posting on here?) Ok, so he's posted twice since 22nd February. But not nearly as often as he used to...)
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

dr-baker wrote:Oh for goodness sake. This is Reject of the RACE. It's still only Friday.

And doesn't Captain Hammer feel this is his job? (Although when was he last posting on here?) Ok, so he's posted twice since 22nd February. But not nearly as often as he used to...)

He will be pissed, all right... :)
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

I'd hide from the barrage of papayas coming your way, Razta :lol:

But in all seriousness, does it really matter who starts this thread? As long as it's up at a reasonable time during the weekend, it doesn't really matter IMO :|
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Ferrim

Post by Ferrim »

Another good candidate is the Whole Spanish Press - today, during the broadcast of free practice, Charles Michael has said that Luiz Razia is an "Italian driver", and his fellows Mark Drydog and Anthony Cub have not said anything to correct him. :lol: And then you can't talk of F1 with anyone because they believe what these people say... jeez...

(Of course, these are not their real names, but aerond and phoenix will understand who I'm talking about :mrgreen: )
Go home, Bernie Ecclestone!

"There will be no other victory this year, I can tell you, more welcomed than this one" Bob Varsha, 1995 Canadian GP

F1 Rejects Forums – going off-topic since 2009!
mario

Post by mario »

East Londoner wrote:I'd hide from the barrage of papayas coming your way, Razta :lol:

But in all seriousness, does it really matter who starts this thread? As long as it's up at a reasonable time during the weekend, it doesn't really matter IMO :|

Unless it is used for some specific purpose, and provided that the threads are started in a consistent manner, I don't see why somebody else couldn't start the thread.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

ONE HD: They kept all the muppets on from last year with the addition of Tom Clarkson and Liz Ellis (For the record they have precisely no Motorsport expertise between them). THEN, they insist on inviting the Breakfast team along as well
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

Wizzie wrote:ONE HD: They kept all the muppets on from last year with the addition of Tom Clarkson and Liz Ellis (For the record they have precisely no Motorsport expertise between them). THEN, they insist on inviting the Breakfast team along as well

Clarkson was there last year, he was the guy who answered viewer questions in the pre-race coverage.

Well, actually, he was the guy who stood there with microphone pretending to know what the person he happened to be interviewing was talking about :lol:
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

the Masked Lapwing wrote:
Wizzie wrote:ONE HD: They kept all the muppets on from last year with the addition of Tom Clarkson and Liz Ellis (For the record they have precisely no Motorsport expertise between them). THEN, they insist on inviting the Breakfast team along as well

Clarkson was there last year, he was the guy who answered viewer questions in the pre-race coverage.

Well, actually, he was the guy who stood there with microphone pretending to know what the person he happened to be interviewing was talking about :lol:

Meh. You and I could do an infinitely better job than them anyway :lol:
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Popi_Larrauri

Post by Popi_Larrauri »

Ferrari so far. No matter how far fro 107% HRTs were.

Sauber second stint? Why so pitiful?
Winners have lots of friends, losers have good friends.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

I know this can change in an instant but here are my nominations after qualifying:

Ferrari, Particularly Felipe Massa: Alonso ended his session backwards in a gravel trap and he STILL beat Felipe
HRT: No explanation necessary
Kimi Raikkonen: Drops out in Q1 before being thoroughly destroyed by Grosjean.
Collieafc

Post by Collieafc »

On the basis of qualifying, Raikonnen and Ferrari. And both their drivers, one for a simple blunder and the other for being hopelessly slow
DanielPT wrote:Life usually expires after 400 meters and always before reaching 2 laps or so. In essence, Life is short.
GwilymJJames

Post by GwilymJJames »

Non-British World Champions Vettel, Schumacher & Alonso all in the gravel at one point or another, Alonso, Vettel and Raikkonen all have bad qualifying.

Ferrari 12. Alonso 16. Massa. Says it all.

The three teams that, when you think about it, aren't really that new anymore - Exactly when do Caterham plan to be battling the midfield? When do Marussia plan to occasionally trouble the established teams? When do HRT plan to get somewhere on the same planet as competency? It's your third year, guys, and you're in exactly the same positions as you were in 2010.
WARNING: Vettel fan.

Shut up Eccles!
TheBigJ

Post by TheBigJ »

Qually rejects

Kimi Raikonnen : Unfaire though, as he made a mistake like many other great champions have done in the past, and could have easily gone further.

Ferrari : Shocking. As mentioned above, Felipe Massa should be sacked for not being able to beat his teammate's earlier time. And apparently their race pace is even worse. :shock: This could be a castrating experience.

Red Bull : Very boring, at least they're letting the other people win now.

Mercedes deserve a mention as Rosberg and Schumi had a real chance at pole.

HRT no longer need mentioning.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Ferrari - Nuff said...

Raikkonen - You've ruined my predictions, you ass! :x Completely outclassed by GRRJJJSSSNN, something I wasn't expecting.

Karthikeyan/HRT as a whole - Disgraceful blocking in Q1. Still miles away from 107%
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

HRT - shameless blocking by Karthikeyan and overall another wasted Australian Grand Prix.
Last edited by Pointrox on 17 Mar 2012, 09:06, edited 1 time in total.
Mister Fungus

Post by Mister Fungus »

Ferrari - I mean what was that?
The Passenger

Post by The Passenger »

POST REDACTED BECAUSE THIS THREAD IS FOR SERIOUS ANALYSIS AFTER THE RACE
Last edited by The Passenger on 17 Mar 2012, 08:44, edited 2 times in total.
We see the stars that shine so bright
Stars made for us tonight

I am not "The Passenger" from Autosport's forum
jackanderton

Post by jackanderton »

My nomination: All forum users who have suggested Reject Of The Race before the race has begun. Which as a point of self-sacrifice, now includes me.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

jackanderton wrote:My nomination: All forum users who have suggested Reject Of The Race before the race has begun. Which as a point of self-sacrifice, now includes me.

But being pre-emptive is fun. Especially when we're proven right the next afternoon :P
The Passenger

Post by The Passenger »

jackanderton wrote:My nomination: All forum users who have suggested Reject Of The Race before the race has begun. Which as a point of self-sacrifice, now includes me.

Eh, I don't mind some early ROTR suggestions it if there's something really rejectful going on in the qualifying (or something completely ridiculous in the practice sessions, such as Karun Chandhok binning it on last year's very first lap).

jackanderton

Post by jackanderton »

Wizzie wrote:

But being pre-emptive is fun. Especially when we're proven right the next afternoon :P

That's what predicament predictions is for.

This is for analysis once everything has happened...given you have to wait for everything to happen to draw an opinion.
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

If Alonso can't score points tomorrow, it's going to have to be Ferrari for almost copying the start of McLaren 2009, but so far, no nominations yet.

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

So far Id nominate Kimi Raikonnen. I wonder if he sat and laughed at MSCs return to F1 two years ago. I wonder if hes laughing now?
Just For One Day...
stupot94

Post by stupot94 »

FERRARI FERRARI FERRARI FERRARI

Say your prayers, here comes the Pastor
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

Remember, this is Kimi's return to F1. No matter how fit you are or how well pre-season has gone, you always struggle a little in the first couple of weekends. So far, I'm going for Ferrari.
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

AdrianSutil wrote:Remember, this is Kimi's return to F1. No matter how fit you are or how well pre-season has gone, you always struggle a little in the first couple of weekends. So far, I'm going for Ferrari.

I think it wasn't the error itself that got him his nomination, it was the fact that he effectively cruised to the line after the error when he really should have been stepping on it to make it back before the checkers. (From memory, his last lap was a 1:33, he was the first to get the checkered flag and he'd only missed it by a few seconds)
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

Wizzie wrote:
AdrianSutil wrote:Remember, this is Kimi's return to F1. No matter how fit you are or how well pre-season has gone, you always struggle a little in the first couple of weekends. So far, I'm going for Ferrari.

I think it wasn't the error itself that got him his nomination, it was the fact that he effectively cruised to the line after the error when he really should have been stepping on it to make it back before the checkers. (From memory, his last lap was a 1:33, he was the first to get the checkered flag and he'd only missed it by a few seconds)

Give him time, never expect miracles in the first race :)
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
QuickYoda41

Post by QuickYoda41 »

Wizzie wrote:

Then it should be shared for Kimi, and his team not warning him.
Shadaza

Post by Shadaza »

Ferrari for their Awful ugly car.

As for Raikkonen, it seems eerily similar to Petrov-Heidfeld last year!
Message me on Discord.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

QuickYoda41 wrote:
Wizzie wrote:

Then it should be shared for Kimi, and his team not warning him.

You're probably right actually. It's just that with Grrrrsssjjjjnnnn doing so well in the other car saves the team itself a bit as it's clear they've built a potential rocketship of a car. But I guess that's diving far too deep into my warped logic and way of thinking for most people :lol:
razta

Post by razta »

Eric Boullier - For being such a Crybaby to Charlie Whiting over Merc's F-DUCT, and forgetting the fact that his driver out-qualified BOTH Mercs! :evil:
Enforcer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Enforcer »

Raikkonen's made a good attempt with by blaming the team for not being able to get another lap in (I'm sure they just decided not to tell you for shits and giggles, Kimi), but he's been trumped by Ferrari so far.
The Passenger

Post by The Passenger »

CoopsII wrote:So far Id nominate Kimi Raikonnen.

This post reminds me that I'd like to nominate everyone who still somehow manages to misspell "Räikkönen" (or "Raikkonen" for those of you whose languages aren't metal enough for umlauts) after all these years for some sort of a Lifetime Achievement Award in Outstanding Rejectdom. It's two Ks and two Ns, he's not a villain from Frank Herbert's Dune novels.

Dan B

Post by Dan B »

Currently:
Ferrari: Not only do they have the ugliest car on the grid but it's a PITA to drive and they can't get out of Q2. Bonus nomination for Alonso who expected his car to be pushed out of the gravel trap when he's miles away from the circuit.

Caterham, Marussia, and HRT: This is 2012. You're in the same place as you were as in 2010. Where's your pace?

Sauber: Anonymous start to the season yet again.

Oh yeah, and:

Raikkonen: I realize this is the first time you drove since 2009 but Michael came back in 2010 and managed to qualify decently.
solarcold

Post by solarcold »

My language is hardcore anough to have the "bI" letter. Enjoy your umlauts.

p.s. Ferrari for ROTR. I would rather expect HRT to DNQ than Ferrari to miss Q3.
"Here's your car. Go nuts."
Dallara, 2010
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

AdrianSutil wrote:Give him time, never expect miracles in the first race :)

Ive no doubt Kimi will come good, he may well have a stormer of a race tomorow. However, his qualifying effort was sucky.
Just For One Day...
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

The BBC's coverage. I mean seriously they looked like they wanted to get it out of the way as quickly as possible! The commentary was actually pretty good, but good grief everything else had the distinct feeling of being half-baked, half-arsed and only catering for the casual fans who watch the odd race. The more serious fans were being insulted with poor information and a lack of detail. They couldn't even manage the whole 10 minutes of Q3! They'd be better off not bothering in my opinion. I feel like I've been robbed.
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
pablo_h

Post by pablo_h »

I agree, the channel One/Ten broadcast.
You know those inane shows for housewifes everry morning at 9am that consist of chat and gossip and celebrity talk? That's how one/ten presented the F1 broadcast here. Vegetables on couches talking about crap. Then an ad break every 3min with the same self promotion (advertising the simpsons and some saturday morning music show targeted to tweens and people interested in lame stuff), over and over and over and over and over and over again, the same crap repeated enough to insult me, twice for every ad break, and an ad break every few minutes over the course of 4 hours, like they were trying to brainwash me.
OK, One/Ten shows F1 here, but they just do not get 'it', do not get 'it' at all. Bunch of morons, they only did well when they just telecasted the BBC feed plain and simple, and said or did nothing else.