Ask Kaz

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
thomasq

Ask Kaz

Post by thomasq »

It turns out I will be having a Q&A session with Kazuki Nakajima in early November as part of a larger WilliamsF1 event.

Any questions that you guys would like to ask him?
Henrique

Re: Ask Kaz

Post by Henrique »

1. Do you think you'll still be in F1 next year?
2. How does it feel to be the only driver who participated in all races and didn't score a single point?
3. How come Rosberg scored 34.5 more points than you?
thomasq

Post by thomasq »

I don't think I can look Kazuki in the eyes and ask him those questions. Good thing that I am not a journalist, lol.
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

Might he become 3rd driver at Toyota?
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
"You will never see a Mercedes using a Ferrari engine or the other way round."
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Is Patrick Head as wild as the legends says?
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

Which is his favourite racetrack (including non-F1)?

Does he prefer to run with a light fuel load or a heavy one?

Which was fight for position that he has so far had in F1 was the most fun?

It is known that drivers practise starts. But do they practise possible overtaking manoeuvres at re-starts behind the safety car as well?
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
"You will never see a Mercedes using a Ferrari engine or the other way round."
Pacifics only fan

Post by Pacifics only fan »

Has having a dad who was an F1 racer helped him understand the demands of F1, both on the track and off it? And if so, how much?
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

Is he at Williams on merit?

Does he think he has a future in F1?

Is he frustrated at his nationality precluding him from being taken seriously as a driver?
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
fjackdaw

Post by fjackdaw »

Ask him something interesting and off the wall that he'll remember, rather generic F1 questions. See if he has a personality - I'm still not convinced most F1 drivers do. Ask him what his dreams are like, whether he has strange ones the night before a race. Ask him what his earliest memory is. Try and wheedle your way behind that boring corporate F1 façade, get something other than answers about sector times and pushing his hardest. The Japanese have an inherent weird poetry programmed into their souls, that's what you want to aim for.
muttley

Post by muttley »

If he were to drive the Cho Supercar Gattiger, which of the five cars would he prefer? :geek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBb8BJ99gqA

Edit: aw, this forum doesn't accept Katakana characters...
hootie

Post by hootie »

ok, here's one

when the williams team was here in singaore last year
RBS made Kaz get on a dragon boat with a bunch of dragon boaters
and paddle up and down the singapore river

it was certainly one of the weirdest promotional events for F1
(or any sports for that matter)
i have ever seen

oh wait, i just remembered they hung lewis on a rope on stage in some weird greek play tragedy thing last year in turkey

anyway
my question will be
What was the weirdest promotional event Kaz had ever been suckered into
for the benefit of his sponsors?

hootie
thomasq

Post by thomasq »

Hah, good questions guys - keep them coming! We'll probably be about 10-12 guys asking questions at the Q&A, so it's unlikely that I get to ask more than 2-4 questions, but I'll make sure to pick some out from this thread.

fjackdaw wrote:Ask him something interesting and off the wall that he'll remember, rather generic F1 questions. See if he has a personality - I'm still not convinced most F1 drivers do. Ask him what his dreams are like, whether he has strange ones the night before a race. Ask him what his earliest memory is. Try and wheedle your way behind that boring corporate F1 façade, get something other than answers about sector times and pushing his hardest. The Japanese have an inherent weird poetry programmed into their souls, that's what you want to aim for.

I definitely agree with you on this. I want Kazuki to show some personality, so if anyone has some tips on how to do this, please let me know.
Many Blue Flags

Post by Many Blue Flags »

I can't be mean to Kazuki, as he seems such a nice chap.

-Would you encourage your children to move into formula one as your father has?
-How do you spend your time at the race days away from the track? Are there any sports you do, television programmes you watch or like?
-Regardless of the drivers, if you could drive in any series in one of the cars fit for it, what would you deep-down like to aside from F1?
Also Known As 'Mr Two-Seconds-Off-The-Pace'

YAFUGGA BLOODY GAFUGGOV is all I say to you.
noisebox

Post by noisebox »

Have you ever been asked to crash, or does it happen accidently for you?
"will you stop him playing tennis then?", referring to Montoya's famous shoulder injury, to which Whitmarsh replied "well, it's very difficult to play tennis on a motorbike"
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

When your Dad was driving which team and drivers were the most fun to be around?
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

Henrique wrote:1. Do you think you'll still be in F1 next year?
2. How does it feel to be the only driver who participated in all races and didn't score a single point?
3. How come Rosberg scored 34.5 more points than you?

Those questions are too loaded.
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
Bert

Post by Bert »

- Boxers or briefs?
- Do you prefer left hand or right hand corners?
- Innie or outtie?
- If you could have one non-driver job in F1 (or other top-line motor sport) what would it be? (Engineer, driver coach, lollipop man,..)
- Blond, redhead, brunette, all of the above?
- Do you think it's unfair that Niko always beats you to the "buzzer" in the driver quiz of the Williams podcast?
- Which driver would you like to drive off the road?
- What is your single favourite personal moment in driving, motorsport or other. (a single well-done corner, a particular pass, etc.)
- What is your single favourite non-personal moment in driving, motorsport or other. (a single well-done corner, a particular pass, etc.)
- when you have done a day of interviews, what question would you most / least like to be asked.
- what question do would you ask of yourself?
- Do you sit or stand?
Last edited by Bert on 07 Oct 2009, 01:10, edited 1 time in total.
You break it, I fix it, or vice-versa.
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

Ask him if, when the handling just can't be made right, if they ever try just 'jiggling the handle'

Then again, he may misinterpret that
"Grosjean has a great desire to turn around and look at the corner he's just gone through, too many times per lap or per session, he's always spinning that Renault"
Winterspring

Post by Winterspring »

1) Which drivers do you hang out with?
2) Least favourite track?
3) Stupid moments off-track that you have seen a driver done?
4) Favourite Williams' livery?
5) If you weren't a F1 driver, what would you be?
6) Do you call Nico, Britney?
7) Best on-track F1 moment?
8) Who is smarter, you or Nico?
9) Favourite food?
10) Least favourite movie?
11) Favourite sport other then motorsport?
12) Favourite Williams teammates excluding yourself and Nico?
13) Favourite superhero and video game character?
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

Do you regret not being able to have raced with Super Aguri? :mrgreen:
Which Japanese F1 driver do you think was the best? :lol:
<@Ataxia> these people are making a mess of their crepe suzettes
eytl
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by eytl »

Serious question: which one of your dad's F1 performances do you remember most fondly? (I'm wondering if he'll say Australia 1989)

For fun: do you watch Japanese monster movies? And if so, which monster do you like the most? (I'm wondering if he'll say Mothra)
jackanderton

Post by jackanderton »

Why did you look like one of the quickest drivers at Silverstone this year?

Do you think if you were in a Brawn or a McLaren you'd have done a better job than Barrichello or Kovaleinen?

How difficult is it to be a number 2 driver in a midfield team with a limited budget?
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

You are Toyota driver while your father has strong relationship with Honda. Does that have any impact within the family?
jackanderton

Post by jackanderton »

Just to add as a point of fact for Nakajima doubters:

Nakajima has finished the last 11 races in a row.

Nakajima has finished inside the top 12 7 times this season and still not scored a point, coming 9th on two occasions.

Nakajima has only finished outside the top 15 once this season, which is a more significant statistic bearing in mind the very low attritional factor this season.

Unfortunately for him:

Rosberg has finished every race this season.

Rosberg has only finished outside the top 10 3 times this season.

Rosberg has 8 consecutive points finishes this season, a career record.

....begging the question, Who'd be a number 2 in a team with a limited budget and a high profile number 1 driver?

Looking at Rosberg's career stats, he seems like the Gerhard Berger of the 00's. Very steady, quick and consistent. If given the car surely he can perform for any team anywhere, without maybe having the Alonso/Hamilton/Raikkonen/Vettel super human speed. There's an F1 title or two for him if he gets lucky with the right car.
muttley

Post by muttley »

jackanderton wrote:Looking at Rosberg's career stats, he seems like the Gerhard Berger of the 00's. Very steady, quick and consistent. If given the car surely he can perform for any team anywhere, without maybe having the Alonso/Hamilton/Raikkonen/Vettel super human speed. There's an F1 title or two for him if he gets lucky with the right car.

Then he's rather the Damon Hill of the '10s.