Feliz Aniversário

The place for respectful and reverent discussion of Reject drivers and teams, whether profiled or not as yet
nome66

Feliz Aniversário

Post by nome66 »

Happy Birthday, Ayrton Senna.
I believe in German BARawnda-Tyrrell-Simca(and it's working)

the only difference between the roman gladiators and racing drivers is that racing drivers sit inside the lion that is trying to kill them.
FantometteBR

Re: Feliz Aniversário

Post by FantometteBR »

Feliz Aniversário!
Bertrand Gachot, Pacific, Connew and Piercarlo Ghinzani's No.1 Fan

1995 Rejects-1 World Champion with Driver (Julio Vaca) and Team (V.I.D.A.) - Because the first time you can never forget
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Happy birthday, Ayrton! We will always remember May Day 1994. :cry:

(Oh, and this belongs in Stoddart forum because Senna isn't a reject ;))
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

FMecha wrote:Happy birthday, Ayrton! We will always remember May Day 1994. :cry:

(Oh, and this belongs in VDP forum because Senna isn't a reject ;))

Fixed, Stoddart forum isn't for F1 History stuff

Happy birthday
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Myrvold

Post by Myrvold »

Like most people forget Ratzenberger. All my motorsport interested friends forgets me the 21st March. Oh the curse of being born the same day as Senna, only 31 years later.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Myrvold wrote:Like most people forget Ratzenberger. All my motorsport interested friends forgets me the 21st March. Oh the curse of being born the same day as Senna, only 31 years later.

Exactly. I have tons of respect for Senna, I think he was a great driver - but it irritates me that people go on about him like he was Jesus. And forget people like Ratzenberger in the process, and also forget the courage of the Simtek team to carry on that weekend after Roland had passed. It seems to me that because Senna died, tragically and unnecessarily I might add, people hold him in higher regard because of this. For instance, how do people remember Prost, who was a as great if not better driver than Senna?
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
Myrvold wrote:Like most people forget Ratzenberger. All my motorsport interested friends forgets me the 21st March. Oh the curse of being born the same day as Senna, only 31 years later.

Exactly. I have tons of respect for Senna, I think he was a great driver - but it irritates me that people go on about him like he was Jesus. And forget people like Ratzenberger in the process, and also forget the courage of the Simtek team to carry on that weekend after Roland had passed. It seems to me that because Senna died, tragically and unnecessarily I might add, people hold him in higher regard because of this. For instance, how do people remember Prost, who was a as great if not better driver than Senna?

It's a shame that reject drivers that died racing like Ratzenberger, Koinigg, Paletti etc. are sadly forgotten, but i guess that's the way it goes. Imagini if Vettel, Alonso, Hamilton or Raikkonen would die while racing, he'll become a legend. Now imagine Jerome D'Ambrosio getting killed, everyone would probably forget that. On the other hand, if Maldonado got himself killed, you would probably hear a lot of people say 'it's his own fault'.
Somehow this leads me to a weird question, has there ever been a driver that deliberately tried to kill himself or an other driver in a race? (of which we know, not talking about assumptions)
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

This wrote:has there ever been a driver that deliberately tried to kill himself or an other driver in a race? (of which we know, not talking about assumptions)

Not that I know of, but Gonzalo Rodriguez's fatal crash has always looked a bis suspicious to me. I know he was having throttle dramas but he seeming made absolutely no effort to avoid the wall
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

eurobrun wrote:
This wrote:has there ever been a driver that deliberately tried to kill himself or an other driver in a race? (of which we know, not talking about assumptions)

Not that I know of, but Gonzalo Rodriguez's fatal crash has always looked a bis suspicious to me. I know he was having throttle dramas but he seeming made absolutely no effort to avoid the wall

The wheels aren't going to turn the car if they're locked up from hard braking.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image