Josh Hill retires from Motorsport

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
AdrianSutil

Josh Hill retires from Motorsport

Post by AdrianSutil »

Just seen this on twitter. So looks like we have to wait a little longer for a 3rd generation F1 driver. To be honest, I haven't seen a huge amount of potential from him, considering he drove in a different category every year. Still, good luck to him for the future.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/108706
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
wsrgo

Re: Josh Hill retires from Motorsport

Post by wsrgo »

Sad news, he was having a pretty good debut season. I know, at 22, he was a bit old for an F3 driver, but.
Also, what's it with Fortec's Euro F3 drivers? First Suranovich announced retirement, no Josh Hill.
eytl wrote:I agree. Especially when he talks about one's nerves sending signals 111a and 6783 etc. to the brain upon seeing Ericsson's hairdo.

He's got it all wrong. When I see Ericsson and Chilton's hairdos, the only signal going to my brain is 1049.
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

What are these "other activities" he's planning to pursue?
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

-*:-
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

There's always the Brabhams...
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

wsrgo wrote:Sad news, he was having a pretty good debut season. I know, at 22, he was a bit old for an F3 driver, but.
Also, what's it with Fortec's Euro F3 drivers? First Suranovich announced retirement, no Josh Hill.

Dmitry Suranovich is retiring?! He's four bathplugging months YOUNGER than I am. :|

Though I'd assume it's probably down to a lack of cash/sponsors/motivation. But still, four months younger than yours truly, and he's calling it a day...
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Aerospeed [JerMcC] wrote:What are these "other activities" he's planning to pursue?

According to Autosport, a music career... Takes after his dad, the article says. Seem to remember reading a while ago about Damon being in a group called "Sex Hitler and the Hormones" or something equally ridiculous...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

dr-baker wrote:
Aerospeed [JerMcC] wrote:What are these "other activities" he's planning to pursue?

According to Autosport, a music career... Takes after his dad, the article says. Seem to remember reading a while ago about Damon being in a group called "Sex Hitler and the Hormones" or something equally ridiculous...

You're right. Damon was indeed in that group. That could go in the Music thread.

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
Backmarker

Post by Backmarker »

I wonder whether his crash at Masters of F3 played into his decision - reasonably hefty impact, which might have made him think about whether motorsport (and its relative dangers) is something he really wants to be a part.
The Iceman Waiteth
What if Kimi Räikkönen hadn't got his chance in 2001?
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

Backmarker wrote:I wonder whether his crash at Masters of F3 played into his decision - reasonably hefty impact, which might have made him think about whether motorsport (and its relative dangers) is something he really wants to be a part.

A bit like his father in 1999, where Damon often retired from races when nothing was wrong: he was probably quitting because he was afraid of crashing. But the main reasons for Hill's retirement was the fact that teammate Frentzen (most ironic, that) was outpacing him regularly and he was not driving at his best at all, while HHF was doing the opposite.

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

I think Josh Hill has done the right thing: his career didn't look like being truly promising, so if you add the fact he was losing motivation and wasn't really sure about what was he doing, he was never going to achieve anything other than wasting his time and perhaps some of the family's money too.
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

Jocke1 wrote:Image

Jocke, where do you get these pics?

Anyway, I wasn't expecting much from Josh. He isn't bad, but not great. Like Danica Patrick, I guess.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

wsrgo wrote:Also, what's it with Fortec's Euro F3 drivers? First Suranovich announced retirement, no Josh Hill.

That tool Suranovich is really no great loss to the motorsport community. What he did in that Monaco GP3 race was dangerous and incredibly stupid
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

go_Rubens wrote:
Jocke1 wrote:Image

Jocke, where do you get these pics?

Anyway, I wasn't expecting much from Josh. He isn't bad, but not great. Like Danica Patrick, I guess.

Google is your friend, young go_rubens
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
JJMonty
Location: Jersey! (The old one, not that American mk2 version!)

Post by JJMonty »

Well having had the chance to race him last month, I'm not really suprised - he seemed to be lacking motivation and his driving wasn't good either :/

He was guest of honour for a Karting event that happens in the UK (British Universities Kart Championship), all the uni's against each other basically, run by Club 100. Eitherway, he never looked happy during the event, gave the impression he'd rather be elsewhere - after this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHg4awSrsjk) half-arsed attempt to overtake on the first lap ended in a collision, he plodded around for the rest of the race and then never turned up for the second day of racing :(

Perhaps we scared him away? ;)
wsrgo

Post by wsrgo »

East Londoner wrote:
wsrgo wrote:Sad news, he was having a pretty good debut season. I know, at 22, he was a bit old for an F3 driver, but.

Dmitry Suranovich is retiring?! He's four bathplugging months YOUNGER than I am. :|

Though I'd assume it's probably down to a lack of cash/sponsors/motivation. But still, four months younger than yours truly, and he's calling it a day...

God, you guys make me feel so old...and I turned 19 in March..

As far as I know, Suranovich wanted to concentrate on his studies..and Oksana Kosachenko decided to pull the plug on him..
eytl wrote:I agree. Especially when he talks about one's nerves sending signals 111a and 6783 etc. to the brain upon seeing Ericsson's hairdo.

He's got it all wrong. When I see Ericsson and Chilton's hairdos, the only signal going to my brain is 1049.
wsrgo

Post by wsrgo »

JJMonty wrote:Well having had the chance to race him last month, I'm not really suprised - he seemed to be lacking motivation and his driving wasn't good either :/

That doesn't explain how he managed to upstage Fortec's certified second driver Luis Felipe (lovingly called 'Pipo') Derani and finish on the podium this year in F3 Euro..

CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Is this the right place for this?
The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Just For One Day...
madmark1974

Post by madmark1974 »

CoopsII wrote:Is this the right place for this?
The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1

From this thread, it should read more like this :

The place for speaking your mind on current going-aways not in F1
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Thread moved to the EVDP forum.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Well, reflecting on this news, I was hoping that Josh would still make it to F1. Damon didn't have the most stellar of results on his way up to F1, but still ended up as champ. And if Josh was not destined for the F1 title, then it remains that every Hill to have entered the championship has won at least 1 title (Graham, Damon, and the unrelated Phil).
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

Harry Hill should take up motorsport, hmmm? Those huge collars, they'd be an excellent aerodynamic device, hmmm? It'd be even better than a double diffuser and a Coanda exhaust, hmmm?

Four Hill champions that way!
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

eurobrun wrote:
wsrgo wrote:Also, what's it with Fortec's Euro F3 drivers? First Suranovich announced retirement, no Josh Hill.

That tool Suranovich is really no great loss to the motorsport community. What he did in that Monaco GP3 race was dangerous and incredibly stupid

Suranovich was just a bathplugging idiot waiting to get himself or someone else injured or killed :roll:
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

About Suranovich - I had heard he was merely taking a sabbatical for "health" reasons and would attempt a comeback in 2014. Lots of conflicting information here.

As for the lynching - what's up with that? I expect it from eurobrun has he has an extremely dismal view of everyone and everything on planet earth, but everyone else...is that based just on Monaco 2012? He was a 17 year old who was simply overdefending and made one bad decision. It's not like he's Schumacher or anything, who was still up to dirty tricks even after spending 15 years in F1.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Stramala wrote:About Suranovich - I had heard he was merely taking a sabbatical for "health" reasons and would attempt a comeback in 2014. Lots of conflicting information here.

As for the lynching - what's up with that? I expect it from eurobrun has he has an extremely dismal view of everyone and everything on planet earth, but everyone else...is that based just on Monaco 2012? He was a 17 year old who was simply overdefending and made one bad decision. It's not like he's Schumacher or anything, who was still up to dirty tricks even after spending 15 years in F1.

He drove around without a rear wing as though nothing was wrong. It was an incredibly bad decision.

Nothing to say he can't mature, though.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
RonDenisDeletraz

Stramala wrote:I expect it from eurobrun has he has an extremely dismal view of everyone and everything on planet earth, but everyone else...is that based just on Monaco 2012?

While there is some truth that I do pretty much hate the whole world that comment was still quite rude and unnessacary
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Stramala wrote:About Suranovich - I had heard he was merely taking a sabbatical for "health" reasons and would attempt a comeback in 2014. Lots of conflicting information here.

The only other person in this thread who displayed a negative view on Suranovich was Go Rubens, or "agreeswithyourcomment" as he is known around here. And, true to form, he was agreeing with Eurobrun's post. :P
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

East Londoner wrote:

The only other person in this thread who displayed a negative view on Suranovich was Go Rubens, or "agreeswithyourcomment" as he is known around here. And, true to form, he was agreeing with Eurobrun's post. :P

What would the response be if Johnny Cecotto did something like this?
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:What would the response be if Johnny Cecotto did something like this?

Vitriolic, but for good reason. He's 7 years older than Suranovich, he's spent almost four years in GP2 already (given normal junior formulae lifecycles, that's pretty much enough to be classed as a "veteran"), and has started to use his car as a weapon against other drivers.

This deserved a multiple race ban, didn't get one though, which is quite frankly despicable. The events of Barcelona could have been avoided if the organisers had seen sense and sent him home for a few months.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Stramala wrote:
Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:What would the response be if Johnny Cecotto did something like this?

Vitriolic, but for good reason. He's 7 years older than Suranovich, he's spent almost four years in GP2 already (given normal junior formulae lifecycles, that's pretty much enough to be classed as a "veteran"), and has started to use his car as a weapon against other drivers.

This deserved a multiple race ban, didn't get one though, which is quite frankly despicable. The events of Barcelona could have been avoided if the organisers had seen sense and sent him home for a few months.

Will Buxton's commentary just said it all there didn't it. Not even the likes of Sergio Canamasas or Andy Neate would have done something like that.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

eurobrun wrote:
Stramala wrote:I expect it from eurobrun has he has an extremely dismal view of everyone and everything on planet earth, but everyone else...is that based just on Monaco 2012?

While there is some truth that I do pretty much hate the whole world that comment was still quite rude and unnessacary

He has a point - you're negative about damn near everything.
Everything's great.
RonDenisDeletraz

Salamander wrote:
eurobrun wrote:

I never denied that. Doesn't change the fact that his comment was still completely uncalled for.

Salamander

Post by Salamander »

eurobrun wrote:
Salamander wrote:
eurobrun wrote:While there is some truth that I do pretty much hate the whole world that comment was still quite rude and unnessacary

I never denied that. Doesn't change the fact that his comment was still completely uncalled for.

Have you ever considered that being so constantly negative about everything might grate on people's nerves?
Everything's great.
RonDenisDeletraz

Someone made a rude remark towards me and that is my fault. Yeah, that's totally going to make me like the world more.
Last edited by RonDenisDeletraz on 15 Jul 2013, 23:42, edited 1 time in total.

Salamander

Post by Salamander »

eurobrun wrote:Someone made a rute remark towards me and that is my fault. Yeah, that's totally going to make me like the world more.

Look, all I'm saying is try to see things from other people's point of view. You're negative about damn near everything - you even admitted this. Wouldn't you get annoyed if someone kept complaining about every little thing?
Everything's great.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Guys, this is not the place to discuss about eurobrun's issues with the world.
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

East Londoner wrote:

Stop... The laughter... Hurts my lungs...

But seriously, and this is aimed at Eurobrun, stop taking everything so seriously whenever Stramala says something to you. I'm not defending you or him here, but if you just ignored what he says then you wouldn't get the comments aimed at you for being 'negative'. This isn't the first time I've tried to get you to understand this because you threw my advice back in my face with some typically-childish retort, so I won't bother again. If you don't like what's being said to you, ignore it. If you can't ignore it and you take it to heart (and why the bathplug would you anyway?! HE'S THE OTHER SIDE OF THE WORLD) then maybe its for the best if you leave the forums for a prolonged time. It may be harsh this, but at the end of the day everyone on here is getting pretty fed up with your constant negativity and your 'give me pity and bully Stramala for insulting me' comments.

/discussion.
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
RonDenisDeletraz

How the bathplug can expect me to be insulted on a semi regular basis and just ignore it. Seriously, all that I wanted was to be accepted here. What other people think of you is all that matters to me and I have clearly failed there.

shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

eurobrun wrote:What other people think of you is all that matters to me

There's your problem.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
RonDenisDeletraz

shinji wrote:
eurobrun wrote:What other people think of you is all that matters to me

There's your problem.

How is that a problem? It it bad that I want to be accepted by the rest of the world?