Pat Symonds - to Debut with Williams at Spa

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
razta

Pat Symonds - to Debut with Williams at Spa

Post by razta »

From OmniCourse.it

http://www.omnicorse.it/magazine/29978/ ... a-williams

Google translation
Pat Symonds has passed through the gates of the factory in Grove to make contact with Williams . The new technical director of the team that took the place of the rejoiced Mike Coughlan , will make his track debut at the Grand Prix of Belgium in the program over the weekend in Spa The technical expert has left the English Marussia to try to revive the fortunes of the Sir Frank's team that is sailing in bad shape with a car, the FW35, which proved to be a real fiasco. Previously Symonds was one of the masterminds of the Renault F1 team, as long as it was not involved in the Singapore-gate :
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Pat Symonds - to Debut with Williams at Spa

Post by Faustus »

Following Formula 1 since 1984.
Avid collector of Formula 1 season guides and reviews.
Collector of reject merchandise and 1/43rd scale reject model cars.
f1-gast

Post by f1-gast »

When will Flavio return ?

The Formula 1 really needs a personallity !!!
==ROBIN FRIJNS FOR SAUBER IN 2014==
Founder of unracedf1.com and a formula 1 fan since 1994 :) !
http://www.facebook.com/UnracedF1
mario

Post by mario »

f1-gast wrote:When will Flavio return ?

That is very unlikely to happen - although the FIA were not allowed to permanently ban him from the sport, they have managed to get around that by introducing a licence system for the senior members of the teams. A team cannot appoint anybody to the most senior roles - team principle, director of operations etc. - without obtaining a licence from the FIA first, and the criteria that the FIA lays down for the "fit and proper person" clause in the licence would exclude Flavio.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

razta wrote:From OmniCourse.it

Google translation
Pat Symonds has passed through the gates of the factory in Grove to make contact with Williams . The new technical director of the team that took the place of the rejoiced Mike Coughlan , will make his track debut at the Grand Prix of Belgium in the program over the weekend in Spa The technical expert has left the English Marussia to try to revive the fortunes of the Sir Frank's team that is sailing in bad shape with a car, the FW35, which proved to be a real fiasco. Previously Symonds was one of the masterminds of the Renault F1 team, as long as it was not involved in the Singapore-gate :

I want Symonds to turn that car into a winner! I think everyone wants that to happen anyway.
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
Fred Mayo

Post by Fred Mayo »

If I worked in F1 I would find comfort in knowing that even if I get involved in a scandal of some sort, I can always find work at Williams.

First Mike Coughlan (spygate) and now Pat Symonds (crashgate). I'm surprised they haven't hired Max Mosley yet. ;)
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

f1-gast wrote:When will Flavio return ?

I think The Formula 1 manages just fine without him.
-*:-
mario

Post by mario »

good_Ralf wrote:
razta wrote:From OmniCourse.it

Google translation

I want Symonds to turn that car into a winner! I think everyone wants that to happen anyway.

Symonds has said that he is not going to do any development work on the FW35 - he has said that he intends to focus on development of the FW36, with his work on the FW35 mainly limited to the operations side of the development work. http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2013/08/21/s ... iams-move/

Any influence of Symonds is not going to be felt for quite some time yet - it'll be 7-8 months at least before he has any impact, probably longer (if the basic design of the FW36 is already complete, he is probably only really going to have an impact on the development packages for the car later on in the 2014 season).
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
WeirdKerr
Location: on the edge of nowhere with a ludicrous grid penalty.....

Post by WeirdKerr »

If Maldonado crashes and brings out a safety car.... Bottas benefits and wins the race , would this look suspicious? ;)
Boomstick

Post by Boomstick »

WeirdKerr wrote:If Maldonado crashes and brings out a safety car.... Bottas benefits and wins the race , would this look suspicious? ;)

Pastor crashing just....happens :-/ hell this IS the dude who crashed doing a demo run on a public road last year :oops:

....but we love him!
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

Boomstick wrote:
WeirdKerr wrote:If Maldonado crashes and brings out a safety car.... Bottas benefits and wins the race , would this look suspicious? ;)

Pastor crashing just....happens :-/ hell this IS the dude who crashed doing a demo run on a public road last year :oops:

....but we love him!

Given that it's Maldonado, it wouldn't be suspicious. If it was Bottas crashing, it'd be more surprising.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
Ferrim

Post by Ferrim »

FullMetalJack wrote:
Boomstick wrote:

....but we love him!

Given that it's Maldonado, it wouldn't be suspicious. If it was Bottas crashing, it'd be more surprising.

But that's exactly why no one suspected of Piquet's crash. The guy had spent the whole season crashing.
Go home, Bernie Ecclestone!

"There will be no other victory this year, I can tell you, more welcomed than this one" Bob Varsha, 1995 Canadian GP

F1 Rejects Forums – going off-topic since 2009!