The Felipe Massa "Blame Everyone But Me" Thread

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
LionZoo

The Felipe Massa "Blame Everyone But Me" Thread

Post by LionZoo »

*EDIT* Now changed to highlight any moments where drivers clearly at fault simply can't let things go and proceed to flail about and try to deflect blame to anyone they can.

Because quite frankly his behavior is just getting embarrassing now: http://en.espnf1.com/williams/motorspor ... 68901.html
Last edited by LionZoo on 24 Jul 2014, 20:17, edited 1 time in total.
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: The Felipe Massa "Blame Everyone But Me" Thread

Post by Wallio »

ESPNF1 wrote:Massa did not want to dwell on the subject, but said the incident in Germany was proof that drivers had to focus on other drivers and not just their own race.

Then proceeds to dwell on the incident..... :roll:

Has anyone else fallen from grace so fast? Jungle Boy springs to mind, but otherwise.....
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
girry

Post by girry »

I really can't justify where the wave of hatred onto Felipe originates from. Yeah he will complain about these situations, sometimes he will do it even when he is at fault (Hockenheim obvs) but then again he's far from the only driver who never seems to blame himself for incidents. See F. Alonso, for starters.
when you're dead people start listening
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

giraurd wrote:I really can't justify where the wave of hatred onto Felipe originates from. Yeah he will complain about these situations, sometimes he will do it even when he is at fault (Hockenheim obvs) but then again he's far from the only driver who never seems to blame himself for incidents. See F. Alonso, for starters.

Its not just Massa. This board (rightly) goes after any driver who can't let it go. See Hamilton, Lewis, in 2010. Which ironically was against Massa of all people.

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

giraurd wrote:I really can't justify where the wave of hatred onto Felipe originates from. Yeah he will complain about these situations, sometimes he will do it even when he is at fault (Hockenheim obvs) but then again he's far from the only driver who never seems to blame himself for incidents. See F. Alonso, for starters.

Because Massa's done nothing this season except whine and get hammered by his inexperienced teammate. He complained after Australia that Kobayashi should be given a harsh penalty... until it came out that he had a braking problem, at which point Massa promptly shut up, but didn't apologise (to my knowledge). And then there's this issue, where everyone and their dog seems to agree that it was either a racing incident, or Massa's fault, and yet he still won't stop blaming Magnussen, even as everyone gets ready for the Hungarian GP! Compare that to Kevin Magnussen, who just said he felt he did everything he could to avoid an accident, and probably hasn't given it a second thought because he wants to move on and focus on making up for the points he lost at Hockenheim.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

I like this quote;

Now I understand also that you not only need to drive for yourself but you need to think about what the others will do as well

It took him twelve years to understand this? Did it really take him that long to realise there was more than one car on the track at any given time? How can someone say they expect not to have to consider their opponents?

The best non-F1 metaphor I can think of is a striker deliberately standing well behind an offside trap, and then being bewildered when learning his goal won't count.

This is why someone like Alonso is a class above in terms of skill; I remember one incident at Melbourne, but I don't remember the year - I think it was a Toro Rosso, that was feeling opportunistic to try and overtake from a long, long way back on Alonso at Turn 13, and of course missed the corner by a country mile and ended up well into the kitty litter. Whereas Alonso was alert enough to simply not turn in and let the STR fly past into its own accident, I can imagine Massa turning into the corner as normal with blinding ignorance. Of course, you can't blame Massa for the incident happening at all, after all, the STR driver should have not been so careless, but reading your opponents in situations like these can be critical to success.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
James1978

Post by James1978 »

He's only taking after another Brazilian Ferrari #2 driver who later went to Williams. See Indy 2004. :)
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
noiceinmydrink

Post by noiceinmydrink »

Christ alive, we have a thread about this now? For a site that's "a tribute to the heroic failures of F1", you guys sure bitch a lot about silly crap. Get over it, jeez.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Mexicola wrote:Christ alive, we have a thread about this now? For a site that's "a tribute to the heroic failures of F1", you guys sure bitch a lot about silly crap. Get over it, jeez.

You just worry about getting over yourself, pal.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

I find it a bit ironic that Massa blams others when he and fellow 02 debutant, Takuma Sato were putting cars into gravel traps that F1 had not yet explored!
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Mexicola wrote:Christ alive, we have a thread about this now? For a site that's "a tribute to the heroic failures of F1", you guys sure bitch a lot about silly crap. Get over it, jeez.

When I see this thread for the first time, what you said is my concern too. Remember the Red Bull hate thread? :roll:
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
noiceinmydrink

Post by noiceinmydrink »

Ataxia wrote:

You just worry about getting over yourself, pal.

And why exactly should I? Is it wrong to say that no one needs to see "felipeh messy sux lol" on every bloody internet page they're on? I'm sure I'm not the only one sick of hearing about this. I can't even remember a post from that German Grand Prix thread talking about anything else other than Massa's criticism of Magnussen even though there were bigger things to talk about like Hamilton's drive from 20th (or whatever) to 3rd.

Besides, it's not like this is anything new. Drivers have been blaming other drivers even when they're clearly in the wrong since Grand Prix racing began. Hell, people have been doing this since they first understood what the concept of blame was!

I'm not defending Massa, but these hate threads are absolutely pathetic. If anyone needs to get over themselves, it's you. Pal.
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

When I read the name of this thread I was under the impression it was for incidents that are CLEARLY self-inflicted that the driver desperately pins on others.

Then I read the posts.
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Mexicola wrote:And why exactly should I? Is it wrong to say that no one needs to see "felipeh messy sux lol" on every bloody internet page they're on? I'm sure I'm not the only one sick of hearing about this. I can't even remember a post from that German Grand Prix thread talking about anything else other than Massa's criticism of Magnussen even though there were bigger things to talk about like Hamilton's drive from 20th (or whatever) to 3rd.

If you don't like it, don't read it. Nobody's asking you to.

Mexicola wrote:Besides, it's not like this is anything new. Drivers have been blaming other drivers even when they're clearly in the wrong since Grand Prix racing began. Hell, people have been doing this since they first understood what the concept of blame was!

Doesn't make it right, though! People have also deforested the Amazon over many years, doesn't make it ethical.

Mexicola wrote:I'm not defending Massa, but these hate threads are absolutely pathetic. If anyone needs to get over themselves, it's you. Pal.

Again, if you don't like it, don't read it. It's like if you're a vegetarian, you wouldn't go into a butchers and start complaining unless you were a complete anus.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
LionZoo

Post by LionZoo »

Cynon wrote:When I read the name of this thread I was under the impression it was for incidents that are CLEARLY self-inflicted that the driver desperately pins on others.

Then I read the posts.

That's actually a good idea. Let's change this thread to this theme.
noiceinmydrink

Post by noiceinmydrink »

Ataxia wrote:If you don't like it, don't read it. Nobody's asking you to.

Easier said than done when half the damn forum is bitching about it. Also, the same could apply to your reply to my post. Try again.

Ataxia wrote:Doesn't make it right, though! People have also deforested the Amazon over many years, doesn't make it ethical.

You must have missed the part where I said that I wasn't defending Massa. Try again.

Ataxia wrote:Again, if you don't like it, don't read it. It's like if you're a vegetarian, you wouldn't go into a butchers and start complaining unless you were a complete anus.

Oh, wait, hold on a minute, so your only response to my post was "meh just don't read it" and "hey it's not right" (even though I explicitly state it wasn't)?

Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

[quote="Mexicola"]
Easier said than done when half the damn forum is bitching about it. Also, the same could apply to your reply to my post. Try again.

[quote]

If you think this is bad, you have been here during the heydays of "Vettel-steria" on here. The tamer threads stopped just short of accusing him of mass-murder, holes in the ozone etc. It was so bad, a sticky was made about it. This is only the 5th-6th thread since Canada. Last season we had that per week. And that too has passed. Just like this will. Suck it up buttercup. Or use the sites ignore function. I still haven't taken a few people off of it.

Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Mexicola wrote:Easier said than done when half the damn forum is bitching about it. Also, the same could apply to your reply to my post. Try again.

The other half seem to be managing to avoid it okay.
noiceinmydrink

Post by noiceinmydrink »

Ataxia wrote:
Mexicola wrote:Easier said than done when half the damn forum is bitching about it. Also, the same could apply to your reply to my post. Try again.

The other half seem to be managing to avoid it okay.

Is that so?

FMecha wrote:When I see this thread for the first time, what you said is my concern too. Remember the Red Bull hate thread? :roll:

Cynon wrote:When I read the name of this thread I was under the impression it was for incidents that are CLEARLY self-inflicted that the driver desperately pins on others.
Then I read the posts.

Besides, my inability to avoid the petty, whiny shite wasn't the point. My point was that the Massa hate is getting a bit stupid now.

Wallio wrote:If you think this is bad, you have been here during the heydays of "Vettel-steria" on here. The tamer threads stopped just short of accusing him of mass-murder, holes in the ozone etc. It was so bad, a sticky was made about it. This is only the 5th-6th thread since Canada. Last season we had that per week. And that too has passed. Just like this will. Suck it up buttercup. Or use the sites ignore function. I still haven't taken a few people off of it.

Thanks, but I'm not here to ignore half the forum over Massa hate. I'm here to talk about F1 and take the piss out anything stupid or silly that happens, because funnily enough I thought that was what this forum was about.
Last edited by noiceinmydrink on 24 Jul 2014, 20:42, edited 1 time in total.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

*walks into thread*

*locks it immediatedly to avoid further turmoil*
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"