Get Ready for... The LottererLegend!

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Bobby Doorknobs

Get Ready for... The LottererLegend!

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

This could be the biggest challenge of Marcus Ericsson's young career as he is joined by three-times Le Mans winner André Lotterer. A lot of people will be quick to point out that Lotterer is too old to be making his debut in Formula One, but Damon Hill was just as old as him and look what he achieved. There are quite a few similarities between André and one M. Schumacher:
Nuppiz wrote:...a German sports car racer debuts at Spa, backed by a company headed by a driver whose own imprisonment resulted in the debut of another German sportscar driver 23 years ago at the same track...

Will Lotterer be the next Schumi? Or will he succumb to the pressure of his younger, talented Swedish team-mate? We will all know for sure this weekend...
Last edited by Bobby Doorknobs on 20 Aug 2014, 20:11, edited 2 times in total.
#FreeGonzo
tommykl

Re: Get Ready for... The LottererLeadership!

Post by tommykl »

Surely the LottererLegacy sounds much better :P
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

LottererLoveletter
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

A Whole Lotterer Love?
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Pointrox

Re: Get Ready for... The LottererLegacy!

Post by Pointrox »

As a person that coined the Lotterer Leadership, I suggest...
the Lotterer Legend, as it continues before our own eyes :D
Bobby Doorknobs

Re: Get Ready for... The LottererLegend!

Well Pointrox, it was your post that inspired me and I have amended the title to reflect your wishes. :D
#FreeGonzo
AustralianStig

Post by AustralianStig »

The LottererLelgend, perhaps?
Join the GP Rejects league at Fantasy F1: https://fantasy.formula1.com/join/?=2a1f25

CoopsII wrote:
Biscione wrote:To the surprise of no-one, Daniil Kvyat wins ROTR for Sochi, by a record margin that may not be surpassed for some time.

I always knew Marko read this forum.
fjackdaw

Post by fjackdaw »

I'd say it was a bit of a LotterLottery.
Waris

Post by Waris »

Well, normally I would've welcomed his debut with a resounding AWWW YEAHHH (since I've included Lotterer in my list of desired future F1 drivers for a long time now), were it not for the fact that he replaces pretty much my favourite driver on the grid. :? According to Formula1.com, though, it's a one-race deal, and Caterham has said that Kobayashi is still part of the team, so I'll imagine he'll be driving again at least in Japan.

By the way, what is this Bertrand Gachot-headed company that you speak of?
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

Waris wrote:By the way, what is this Bertrand Gachot-headed company that you speak of?

Hype Energy Drink :)
Bobby Doorknobs

"I'm ready for this challenge and I cannot wait to jump in the car and make the most out of the weekend ahead,"

"I will need to get settled and used to the car quickly, as the team has worked on a number of updates and we will need to have as much time as possible out on track to optimise the car's performance.

"I really enjoy racing at the legendary circuit of Spa-Francorchamps, it's one of my favourite tracks and it's very close to where I grew up, so this makes the weekend even more special and one to remember."

Only 18 hours to go...
#FreeGonzo
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

I'm on it. Only a few seats left in here...hurry and get in while you still can!

-*:-
ADx_Wales
Location: The Fortress of Sofatude, with a laptop and a penchant for buying now TV day passes for F1 races.

Post by ADx_Wales »

I spy with my little eye, someting beginning with S.
"The worst part of my body that hurt in the fire was my balls" Gerhard Berger on Imola 1989
Rocks with Salt

Post by Rocks with Salt »

ADx_Wales wrote:Image

Why yes, there are shoes in that picture.
...in bed.

1998 Monaco GP wrote:Murray Walker: A lot of people here are really debating if Riccardo Rosset is Formula 1 material.
Martin Brundle: Well, that's a fairly short debate, Murray.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Rocks with Salt wrote:

Why yes, there are shoes in that picture.

AND a race suit...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

Something in there is probably made of steel. :D
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
HawkAussie

Post by HawkAussie »

The Lotterer legend of fail is going to be short.
Officially Retired
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

-*:-
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

I'd say: yes please. May the Lotterer Legend continue :D
I'm genuinely impressed with Andre's improvement during those two sessions.
The differences in performance of those two lads is minuscule, and as ridiculous as it sounds, it might be the closest battle between the two team mates we'll see in Caterham this year :lol:
Of course Ericsson will be done in by Lotterer in the next FP session, and then eventually shitrek'd in the qualifying. You read it here first.
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

This article http://www.motorsport-total.com/f1/news ... 82224.html says that this year, Lotterer has already turned approximately 700 laps at Spa in other machinery. He says he wouldn't have tried running in F1 without testing on an unknown track. Also, Lotterer says he is negatively surprised about the lack of grip in the corners which this F1 car has got when compared to the other machinery he normally drives. He says, as a driver, you have to approach especially the medium speed corners in a very technical manner. On the straights, the car is fine, though.

Maybe this is a direct result of the on track testing ban?

I feel the interview linked above is kind of refreshing because Lotterer puts F1 into a different perspective. No publicocrap there.
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
"You will never see a Mercedes using a Ferrari engine or the other way round."
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

If he does well (and by that I mean do better than Ericsson over the weekend, outqualifies Chilton, that sort of thing) I dare say we might actually see a bit more use of drivers like Lotterer. Yes he's getting on a bit but he's massively experienced, over multiple disciplines. It's all very well sheltering young drivers through a specific career path and into F1, but Lotterer has that breadth of experience that is bound to stand him in good stead when it comes to debuting in F1. I'd love to see him do well this weekend, definitely deserves it!
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Bobby Doorknobs

Lotterer 1-0 Ericsson

A great start to André's career as he outqualified the young Swede in difficult conditions. Let's hope that the legend can carry this momentum into the race. :mrgreen:
#FreeGonzo
TheBigJ

Post by TheBigJ »

He's already stopped.
Bobby Doorknobs

André may not have lasted very long but then again neither did Schumacher on his début. Expect the legend to sign a contract with another, more competitive team between now and Monza. ;)
#FreeGonzo
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

Simtek wrote:André may not have lasted very long but then again neither did Schumacher on his début. Expect the legend to sign a contract with another, more competitive team between now and Monza. ;)

Such as DAMS or Carlin...
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
Ferrarist

Post by Ferrarist »

Simtek wrote:André may not have lasted very long but then again neither did Schumacher on his début. Expect the legend to sign a contract with another, more competitive team between now and Monza. ;)

Lotus, in order to replace Maldonado?...Nah, that'd be unfair to compare Roberto Moreno to the Shepherd. After all, Maldonado doesn't love the sport as much as Moreno does. 8-)
MIA SAN MIA!
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

What's more, Schumacher also drove a green car on debut! I guess the closest to a yellow car eh... actually the Red Bull :o
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

This wrote:

What's more, Schumacher also drove a green car on debut! I guess the closest to a yellow car eh... actually the Red Bull :o

Oh, and they both drove German sportscars before...
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

Lotterer and Schumacher both Germans, made their debut at Spa in a green car with an over-30 car number and both dropped out in the early minutes of their race.
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

good_Ralf wrote:Lotterer and Schumacher both Germans, made their debut at Spa in a green car with an over-30 car number and both dropped out in the early minutes of their race.

And both debuts occured with the help of Bertrand Gachot. Go figure.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
ADx_Wales
Location: The Fortress of Sofatude, with a laptop and a penchant for buying now TV day passes for F1 races.

Post by ADx_Wales »

So if lightening is going to strike twice, Lotterer will be poached by Lotus (because that's the team that were once Renault, who were once Benetton), replacing their most recent south american driver with notoriety, with the south american driving for the team in green instead...
"The worst part of my body that hurt in the fire was my balls" Gerhard Berger on Imola 1989
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

ADx_Wales wrote:So if lightening is going to strike twice, Lotterer will be poached by Lotus (because that's the team that were once Renault, who were once Benetton), replacing their most recent south american driver with notoriety, with the south american driving for the team in green instead...

No, that would only be the case if Lotterer made his debut in a Force India (previous incarnation of Jordan), so instead we must look to the 'most yellow looking car on the grid' which means Lotterer will replace Vettel. Then Vettel will drive the rest of the year for Caterham and Lotus, which is the closest to the colours of Minardi. The actual Minardi (Toro Rosso) is of no relevance, because of the Force India point.
ADx_Wales

Post by ADx_Wales »

Dammit, you're right. But yep, get Lotterer in a better car regardless :).
Bobby Doorknobs

I think this pretty much confirms that Spa was a one-off: http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-no ... -lotterer/
#FreeGonzo
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Shame. I do wonder though if he'd done the race in a Merc or a Red Bull whether he'd be a little more complimentary about the cars :lol:
Just For One Day...
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Simtek wrote:I think this pretty much confirms that Spa was a one-off: http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-no ... -lotterer/

Pretty damning of F1, that is. Le Mans/LMP1 does currently seem to offer more technological freedoms and development, while F1 doesn't have a clue what the fans actually want.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

dr-baker wrote:Pretty damning of F1, that is. Le Mans/LMP1 does currently seem to offer more technological freedoms and development, while F1 couldn't care less about what the fans actually want.

Fixed.
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

DanielPT wrote:
dr-baker wrote:Pretty damning of F1, that is. Le Mans/LMP1 does currently seem to offer more technological freedoms and development, while F1 couldn't care less about what the fans actually want.

Fixed.

Wow. That is actually a pretty decent fix. :o :D
MCard LOLA
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

dr-baker wrote:Wow. That is actually a pretty decent fix. :o :D

Don't encourage him.
Just For One Day...
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

CoopsII wrote:
dr-baker wrote:Wow. That is actually a pretty decent fix. :o :D

Don't encourage him.

Lucky for you that I learnt to keep my hateful fury away when posting this morning and just trashed my desk instead.
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.