Nice Minardi Video

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
Marco

Nice Minardi Video

Post by Marco »

Dutch with English Subtitles:

Millionaire driving his Minardi collection at Zandvoort.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xplNj53fkYg#t=24
CoopsII

Re: Nice Minardi Video

Post by CoopsII »

I really enjoyed that clip, great post. At first, I thought it would make me all cross as generally rich bastards in their expensive toys piss me off and I incorrectly assumed he was just having a go at driving an F1 car because he could. However, the guy's clearly a die-hard Minardi fan who wouldn't be out of place knocking about these very pages so it was great to see him living the dream.

Mind you, I hope his employees enjoy satisfactory standards in the workplace and an acceptable level of re-numeration otherwise I may have to re-think and consider him profiteering scum.
Just For One Day...
tBone

Post by tBone »

Although I do sometimes buy RTLGP magazine, I never saw that video, awesome post!
From now on, I'll be thinking about Minardi even more often, because of the Jumbo-yellow! :)
YOUR
LOGO

Here
JJMonty
Location: Jersey! (The old one, not that American mk2 version!)

Post by JJMonty »

Some of the "workers" are actually volunteers who are in my class at the University of Hertfordshire - invaluable experience gained here, I know they loved every second of it and wish I could have got stuck in too!

Will certainly give them something to brag about on the CV when they start looking for industry work :)
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

...and for the first time I've noticed the 2000 Minardi has a similar not-quite-step in the nose to what Marussia sported in 2012 - more like a ridge each side of the nose that suddenly stops.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
Waris

Post by Waris »

tBone wrote:Although I do sometimes buy RTLGP magazine, I never saw that video, awesome post!
From now on, I'll be thinking about Minardi even more often, because of the Jumbo-yellow! :)

How fitting then that Jumbo is sponsoring Max Verstappen, who will make his debut with Toro Rosso which is, of course, the former Minardi. :)
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
tBone

Post by tBone »

Waris wrote:
tBone wrote:Although I do sometimes buy RTLGP magazine, I never saw that video, awesome post!

How fitting then that Jumbo is sponsoring Max Verstappen, who will make his debut with Toro Rosso which is, of course, the former Minardi. :)

Let's not forget Jumbo actually sponsored Minardi. Minardi Team USA in Champcar was Minardi too, after all!
YOUR
LOGO

Here
Rabbi Gordon

Post by Rabbi Gordon »

Fortunate man, gotta' say I dig his collection a lot. He missed the best-looking one though. (M193's simplicity, anyone?)
Reject gold moment is Mr. Minardi saying he didn't think there was a working Motori Moderni anywhere in the world.

So, 10 of the 11 cars are a PS04B, a PS02, a PS01, M02, M01, an M195B, an M190, an M187 (or M186 in a '87 livery?), a PS03 (painted in 2005 colours?) and an M198 (A glimpse of it at 4:01)
Anyone knows what is the last one?
If a particle is traveling at the speed of a Spyker, it is likely to finish last. - Albers Einstein

The Hungarian language is more beautiful than you'd ever think. See, the plural of soul in Hungarian is lelkek.
tBone

Post by tBone »

Rabbi Gordon wrote:Fortunate man, gotta' say I dig his collection a lot. He missed the best-looking one though. (M193's simplicity, anyone?)
Reject gold moment is Mr. Minardi saying he didn't think there was a working Motori Moderni anywhere in the world.

So, 10 of the 11 cars are a PS04B, a PS02, a PS01, M02, M01, an M195B, an M190, an M187 (or M186 in a '87 livery?), a PS03 (painted in 2005 colours?) and an M198 (A glimpse of it at 4:01)
Anyone knows what is the last one?

Italia a Zandvoort, the event where these demos took place, says on its site that there were only 10. They talk about the following ones "among others":
1985 Minardi Motori Moderni (M185)
1986 Minardi Motori Moderni (M186)
1987 Minardi Motori Moderni (M187)
1996 Minardi Ford (M195B)
2000 Minardi Fondmetal (M02)
2001 Minardi European (PS01)

Maybe you didn't miss one after all? Which is the one you can't identify?

EDIT: I found this video about the same day. The description of this video mentions these Minardis:
List of the MInardi's:
M186 from 1987
M190 from 1990
M195B from 1995/96
M198 from 1998
M01 from 1999
M02 from 2000
PS01 from 2001
PS02 from 2002
PS03 from 2003
PS04 from 2004
YOUR
LOGO

Here
Rabbi Gordon

Post by Rabbi Gordon »

tBone wrote:
Rabbi Gordon wrote:Anyone knows what is the last one?

1985 Minardi Motori Moderni (M185)
1986 Minardi Motori Moderni (M186)

Maybe you didn't miss one after all? Which is the one you can't identify?
[/quote]
I didn't see those at all, one of them might be it. Thank you.
And I think I identified all I saw, just that I only seen 10 rides there. Still friggin' sweet.
If a particle is traveling at the speed of a Spyker, it is likely to finish last. - Albers Einstein

The Hungarian language is more beautiful than you'd ever think. See, the plural of soul in Hungarian is lelkek.
WeirdKerr
Location: on the edge of nowhere with a ludicrous grid penalty.....

Post by WeirdKerr »

Waris wrote:

and His dad Jos Drove his last GP for Minardi....