Reject of the Race - Mexico 2015

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Miguel98

Reject of the Race - Mexico 2015

Post by Miguel98 »

To the sound of "La Bamba", place your reject of the race nominations.
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
Salamander

Re: Reject of the Race - Mexico 2015

Post by Salamander »

I don't think anybody other than Ferrari put together a great bid for this. Maybe Raikkonen by himself?
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

Sebastian Vettel - To see a mistake from Seb is like a dog that speaks - very rare. To see him make as many mistakes as he did today is like a dog that speaks Norwegian - even rarer.

Or perhaps Ferrari in general.
#FreeGonzo
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

Sebastian Vettel - Blames Ricciardo for the collision when Dan could do nothing, has a silly spin in a place where basically no-one else did, languished in 13th, then crashed! :lol: Also it's Ferrari's first double-DNF since Aus' 2009.

Kimi Raikkonen - Not entirely his fault but the clash with Bottas was his 3rd straight race incident.

McLaren - For letting Alonso's car fail him within the space of 60 seconds of lights out, in spite of getting new power unit parts for the race.
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
tBone

Post by tBone »

One word: FERRARI.

That was just awful. Even a Gutierrez-Badoer driver pairing would have gotten them a better result... :badoer:
YOUR
LOGO

Here
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

McLaren - Start 'n' park has arrived to Formula One. In full style. :facepalm:
The Race - Thought it could be better. But meh all along.
Carlos Sainz - Just... Stop Carlos. Why you make so many mistakes?

But the awards goes to...

Ferrari - That was probably one of the worst team performances of the year. Just... How.
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

Meatwad

Post by Meatwad »

I think Vettel deserves it today. After what has been an almost perfect season, he had one of the worst drives of his entire career.
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

Ferrari drivers who leave drivers in upper-midfield teams attempting to pass no space on the inside.
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

Simtek wrote:Sebastian Vettel - To see a mistake from Seb is like a dog that speaks - very rare. To see him make as many mistakes as he did today is like a dog that speaks Norwegian - even rarer.

Not only does this put my exact thoughts into words, I'm also going to nominate Simtek for IIDOTR for the Blackadder reference!
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
mario

Post by mario »

Simtek wrote:Sebastian Vettel - To see a mistake from Seb is like a dog that speaks - very rare. To see him make as many mistakes as he did today is like a dog that speaks Norwegian - even rarer.

Or perhaps Ferrari in general.

Really, the award should go more to Ferrari's two drivers given that their accidents were self inflicted.

Raikkonen certainly should have realised that Bottas was there - the fact that the stewards took no action implies that they thought that was also the case. Given that he had quite strong pace before that, he could, and should, have had a strong points finish (Ferrari were aiming for 4th place for Kimi).

As for Vettel,he had a very scruffy race by his usual standards, although he also seemed to be making an unusually high number of errors under braking. I have to wonder if he damaged a rear brake duct in that clash with Ricciardo though, because some of those issues under braking did seem odd - that said, he did have some rather amateurish moments too for a driver of his calibre (the way he completely overcooked his move on Maldonado was very sloppy).

Miguel98 is right to call for Sainz Jr. to be given a dishonourable mention though - the phrase "Sainz has locked his brakes" was being repeated quite a few times during the race, as he was making quite a few errors under braking.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

Sebastian Vettel - that was some refreshing incompetence from Seb, I enjoyed that.
Kimi Raikkonen - this guy's incompetence on the other hand, is getting incredibly regular!

Honourable mention to Ferrari. Oh wait :D
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
James1978

Post by James1978 »

Everyone/everything I can think of has already been said!!
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

Sebastian Vettel - Has a puncture, spins and then crashes when was the last time that Vettel crashed out of a race although that Ferrari did look like it wanted to kill him

Honda When you have DRS and your still slower then the car in front im sure that mclaren would go faster without an engine

Sauber Where they even in Mexico

Nico Rosberg He May have won and had the measure of Hamilton but Nico that was about 6 Months to late why put in performances after the championship has been one
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

I give it to Vettel, since isn't the first time which Kimi get involved in a crash in this year. His worst race since his Toro Rosso times.
Waiting for Lotus hiring Johnny Cecotto jr.
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

For me it has to be the utter mess of a race that was Kimbastian Vettkonen because both of their errors were self-inflicted
rachel1990

Post by rachel1990 »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:For me it has to be the utter mess of a race that was Kimbastian Vettkonen because both of their errors were self-inflicted

Liking the name! Defo getting my vote
Benetton of 1992. Never a reject
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

Sebastian Vettel - :facepalm:

Kimi Raikkonen - Please retire
I like the way Snrub thinks!
Aguaman

Post by Aguaman »

The Ferrari drivers - SImple as that.

Though I woke up later.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Yeah, hard to look past Ferrari in general, although aside from his trip over Bottas I thought Kimi had done okay up until that point, so I'd be more inclined to place ROTR at Vettel's feet. Just so many mistakes.

And on that note, you could argue Sainz would be another good candidate. Error-strewn race right when he needs to put in some good drives to keep his career from stalling.
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
golic_2004

Post by golic_2004 »

A double Ferrari DNF can't not be ROTR worthy.
Williams in the last few years http://imgur.com/sNFFMYF
DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

1. Ferrari: Both drivers were crap today. Raikkonen's second collision with Bottas after not learning the first time cost him dearly. Vettel's incidents with Riccardo, and his spins put him to shame.

2. McLaren Honda: Alonso out on the first lap, and Button slower than molasses in January.
Proud supporter of the United States 2nd Amendment.

2012 Predicament Predictions Champion.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

For me, it's a toss-up between:

Ferrari drivers- Uncharacteristically error-strewn race from Vettel, whilst Kimi needs to retire now.

McLaren-Honda - McLaren actually sent Alonso out as a start and park. Outside of maybe HRT in 2012, when was the last time an F1 team did a start and park? Good lord...
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

I change my nomination to the F1 twitter account, for this single tweet only:

:facepalm:

CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

McLaren - Honda The engines don't seem to work. If you cant make an engine that works then just what is the point of you?

Ferrari - Calamitous all round.
Just For One Day...
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

Ferrari! Karma for criticizing other teams being clown!!!! :D :D :D
Rio Haryanto for the win!
He upon seeing me accidentaly paint Belgian flag rotated 90 deg to right
tommykl returns from the bathroom
tommykl reads the chat logs
tommykl has a stroke
yannicksamlad
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by yannicksamlad »

1. McLaren Honda
Starting a race knowing it's really not going to work when you spent a fortune bringing a bucket of spares .

2. Sauber . Couldnt get Nasr's brakes anywhere near the end ....despite knowing the issue was there..That's not very safe even
I started supporting Emmo in 1976 (3 points )....missed 75, 74, 73, 72...
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Miguel98 wrote:I change my nomination to the F1 twitter account, for this single tweet only:

:facepalm:

Nothing wrong with a good Simpsons reference.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Zergon

Post by Zergon »

Sebastian Vettel has to take this one, that must have been one of his worst races on his career.

Dishonorable mention:
Kimi Räikkönen: Another race, another race ending mistake... but hey there is a (very slim) silver lining there as he managed to be the better Ferrari driver this time with only making one mistake in the race and managing to pass Lotus drivers, something that Vettel seemed to find impossible to do so guess it could had been worse....
WeirdKerr
Location: on the edge of nowhere with a ludicrous grid penalty.....

Post by WeirdKerr »

Easy Vettel (are you Deletraz in disguise)

I would like to nominate myself for an Honourable Mention for what can only be described as a Weihenstephaner fuelled near calamity on the Saturday evening I tripped over my coffee table and steadied myself with my television which was a mistake, we both go down and sadly the tv screen is smashed, so on sunday I had to go buy a new TV....
GerhardTalger

Post by GerhardTalger »

Ferrari. Clearly.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

The fact that a 70-place penalty is allowed to exist on a 20-car grid is rejectful. I think I heard Martin Brundle say that he calculated that that would equal to starting 1/3 mile behind (more than half a km) if the grid places were painted and measured out.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

It has to be Vettel. He drove like me out there. Red mist is one thing, but dear lord, did he hit a braking point after his incident with Riccardo? And it honestly looked like he just binned it when he did. Applied the brakes for awhile, then let off and spun it into the wall.
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

Wallio wrote:It has to be Vettel. He drove like me out there. Red mist is one thing, but dear lord, did he hit a braking point after his incident with Riccardo? And it honestly looked like he just binned it when he did. Applied the brakes for awhile, then let off and spun it into the wall.

Yeah the radio commentators even made the point that he didn't even sound like he wanted to be there, over the team radio to his engineers.
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Vettel was uncharacteristically wayward this race, I think that dererves ROTR personally
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

Has to be Vettel, I suppose, although Ferrari as a whole left much to be desired.
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there