2016 German GP - ROTR

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Miguel98

2016 German GP - ROTR

Post by Miguel98 »

I can't get the code function Biscione gave me to work. Why, I don't know.

So, just post 1st and 2nd place here.
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
golic_2004

Re: 2016 German GP - ROTR

Post by golic_2004 »

1. Daniel Ricciardo drinking the champagne from his shoe!
2. Rosberg pushing Verstappen off the track.
Williams in the last few years http://imgur.com/sNFFMYF
lance_rambert

Post by lance_rambert »

1. The New Rubens Barrichello a.k.a. Nico Rosberg - After Baku, Nico has found a way to irritate me every race. Nico, just sit down, shut the f*ck up, and be a nice little #2 driver from now on. It's obvious to me you're not near Lewis' level.

2. William Clyde Elliott II - Every driver I cheer for keeps choking it up. I must be a bad luck charm or something...
Last edited by lance_rambert on 01 Aug 2016, 21:47, edited 1 time in total.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

1. Emerson Fittipaldi - His stewarding this weekend in both F1 and GP2 was appalling.

2. Felipe Massa - Yes, there was damage on the car, but he looked totally adrift out there.

Honourable mention to Haas for their ridiculous strategy.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Meatwad

Post by Meatwad »

1. Nico Rosberg: He is obviously losing it. A bad start and dirty defending ruined his race. This is the fourth weekend in a row when he was investigated and in three out of four he has been penalized!
2. Williams Martini Racing: Also going backwards. Massa had a disastrous race while Bottas' strategy failed.
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

1. Nico Rosberg - Not good, man, not good.
2. Williams - Massa's issues and Bottas' strategy were low points.
#FreeGonzo
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

1. Nico Rosberg - His pole made me think we had an exciting season on our hands
2. Romain Grosjean - Lost to Gutiérrez lol
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
rachel1990

Post by rachel1990 »

1- Nico Rosberg- Yes I disagreed with the penalty. But his start alone was awful and gifted the win to Hamilton. He was never in contention for the win

2- Felipe Massa- No matter what Palmer did to his car he was never in contention for any points and now is falling by the wayside. I highly doubt he will be in f1 next season.
Benetton of 1992. Never a reject
Aguaman

Post by Aguaman »

1. Nico Rosberg - Not what you should be doing to try and win a championship

2. Felipe Massa - That was painful

HM - Stewards. A bit harsh with the 5 second penalty.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

1) Formula 1

After nearly 20 years, I've nearly had enough. Nobody was even trying in that race. Hamilton didn't have to try, Ricciardo and Verstappen didn't try had enough and Rosberg tried too hard. The most proactive driver on-track (in the first half at least) was Magnussen, and he didn't even score any points. Then we have the stewards' decision for Rosberg, where the move was (in my opinion) a bit clumsy and on the limit of what you can do, but there was some effort to make the corner. Now he gets penalised, and now everybody's going to be even more afraid to make a move on the driver in front.

Pirelli have moved to more durable compounds, which now make the on-track product even worse because they're now a half-way house option; everyone was procrastinating and prevaricating on their strategy in the early stages, and by the time they'd decided what to do the gaps were too large to do anything.

Sky Sports has become a complete parody of itself. Ted Kravitz was absolutely awful this weekend, and blamed Grosjean for Hamilton's unsafe release in FP1 for "barrelling down the pitlane". Christian Horner, quite rightly, pour scorn on his amateurish efforts to stir the pot after qualifying. David Croft was not particularly on the ball today, and god knows what it's going to be like when they've got exclusivity in the UK. I'm hoping I won't need it.

F1 needs wholesale changes. It's all very well changing the technical regs, but that's just giving the decaying house a new coat of paint. The house needs to be broken down and rebuilt if things are going to be any better. Sporting regulations are getting so convoluted and inconsistent that you can be lauded for something one race and penalised the next. It's completely unsustainable, and all of the half-arsed attempts to connect with a younger audience are tantamount to vajazzling the queen.

This summer break is welcome, I think. F1's become so over-inflated that someone needs to come in and streamline the whole thing. Get Jean Todt out of that FIA hotseat and give Colin Kolles a ring.

Oh, and I'd best nominate a 2nd thing...

2) Williams - awful performance. Poor strategy calls. Force India are breathing down their necks.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
SeedStriker

Post by SeedStriker »

1)Nico Rosberg: Chokes at the start, and was never a thread to the Red Bulls, much less to Hamilton. This was his "home" race, to make a stand, and the only thing he showed is that he can't even make a decent overtake without being penalized.

2)Ferrari: Since Williams is in the gutter since forever, Ferrari's lack of pace in recent races will take the cake for this one
mario

Post by mario »

1) Ferrari - I'm going a little against the trend here, but ultimately it does feel as if they didn't manage to really take advantage of the situation.

Vettel was driving more scruffily than usual this weekend, and once again it did feel a bit as if he was taking out some of the frustration that he must be feeling about the team out on the back markers. In fact, he's never really performed at his best in most German GP's - I feel like he has generally driven fairly scruffily in most German GP's and at both venues where the race has been held,

As for Kimi, although he had an OK weekend, it does make you wonder what the handling balance of the car is like if Kimi had to ask the team if they had actually changed his front wing setting.

Either way, neither driver was particularly competitive in race trim - they ended up somewhat on their own, lacking the speed to challenge Red Bull and Mercedes but still being fast enough to keep out of the reaches of the rest of the pack. I can see Red Bull continuing to stretch out their advantage over Ferrari over the rest of the season, and I can see Vettel beginning to get a little more frustrated as he watches that gap to Red Bull widen.

2) Rosberg - I don't think that it was a terrible race, but I guess that he kind of gets this by default because he ultimately failed to maximise the opportunity that was presented to him before the race.

Rosberg had looked more comfortable in race trim in the practise sessions and could have quite rightly expected to cruise towards a victory. He could have checked Hamilton's recent run of form and levelled the points tally before the summer break, knowing full well that would have then put the pressure on Hamilton during the summer break given that Hamilton knows he has to take engine penalties and would have probably ended up with a points deficit again.

Instead of that, the poor start and subsequent penalty (whether or not you agree with it) means that he's given Hamilton a psychological boost - Hamilton is probably heading into the break with a larger points lead than he'd hoped for and with the longest streak of wins he has enjoyed since late 2014, which is going to take a lot of pressure off of his shoulders when he does have to take those penalties, whereas Rosberg is probably going to be going into that break carrying more frustrations and self doubt than might have otherwise been the case. His overall performance wasn't disastrous, but it was ultimately a strategic misstep.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
Normal32

Post by Normal32 »

1. Nico Rosberg
2. N/A
Pasta_maldonado wrote:I think normal32 is an old English farmer re-incarnated
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

1. Miguel98
Can't even copy-paste a single line of code properly!
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

1) Nico Rosberg - Choked real hard
2) Toro Rosso - Definitely one to forget
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
James1978

Post by James1978 »

1.The stewards for penalising Rosberg - if they penalise that, then they might as well ban overtaking.

2. Williams for leaving Bottas a sitting duck at the end, another lap or two and he wouldn't have even scored points.
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
Aislabie

Post by Aislabie »

1) Bernie Ecclestone
On a basic human level. Also for not insisting this race be run on the Nurburgring GP-Strecke

2) Myself
I could have made it to the race, got a grandstand ticket, watched the race and got back to where I'm staying for about €300. And I didn't.
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

1.Ferrari
2. Williams
This Could Be You

Post by This Could Be You »

1. Williams: absolutely nowhere on pace, barely scraped into the points with one retirement
2. Hamilton's C4 interview: obnoxious and cruel to Rosberg (I mean, he wasn't so gloating when he won the British GP)
DHM: Ferrari's feeble strategists.
Your Signature Here

Named after HRT, now on HRT
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

1st - Williams: Third bad race in-a-row. Massa was hit by his bad lucky again and Bottas was screwed by a bad strategy from Williams. Remember, in 2014 Bottas scored a 2nd place finish, holding off Hamilton in the last laps.

2nd -The race itself: A boring race in comparison with 2014.
Waiting for Lotus hiring Johnny Cecotto jr.
andrew

Post by andrew »

1. Alex Martin
2. Nico Rosberg
tBone

Post by tBone »

1. All annoying regulations and strange verdicts - Unnessecary penalty for Rosberg for a hard but fair duel. Discussions about radio rules, yellow flags and track limits were the only thing that was talked about before the race. I always try to make nominations about what happens on track instead of around it, but this year's championship is being decided in the offices instead of on track. Every deciding moment seems to need a decision from the stewards and the rules keep on changing.
2. Williams - Dreadful performances. Another weekend to forget.

Dishonourable mention to myself for posting this originally in the IIDOTR thread.
YOUR
LOGO

Here
Spectoremg

Post by Spectoremg »

1. Rosberg's penalty. Verstappen's reaction to the situation caused it.
2. Verstappen's spoiled brat whining. Jeez that guy could whine for his olympic team.

HM. Cos I love Williams bashing, just when they thought things were bad, Honda start getting their crap together.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

1 - Ferrari. A busy news week for them with Allison going and lots of speculation about the team which they did their best to confirm with a lacklustre weekend.

2 - Rosberg. Oh Nico, you're really underlining your Number 2 status with this malarkey.
Just For One Day...
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

1. Emerson Fittipaldi/The stewards - not only for giving Rosberg a penalty for moves Hamilton and Verstappen routinely get away with, but for being outrageously harsh all weekend long, including in GP2.

2. Mercedes' "stopwatch issues" - ensuring Rosberg, instead of serving a 5-second penalty, served an 8-second penalty. For a team that can do precise pitstop timing, that's not really a great thing...

HM. Nico Rosberg - while he didn't deserve the penalty and pretty much everything that could go wrong did go wrong, he wouldn't have been in these situations if he'd had a halfway decent start.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
MorbidelliObese

Post by MorbidelliObese »

1. The helicopter shots throughout the race weekend showing the faint outline of the old track that no longer exists - just rub it in why don't you?!

2. Erm no real strong feelings apart from that... Williams I suppose...they really seem to be going backwards in the past 6 months.
Darling fascist bully boy, give me some more money you bastard. May the seed of your loin be fruitful in the belly of your woman.
EuroBrun

Post by EuroBrun »

1. Ferrari - being beaten by RBR on a high-speed track (well, sort of) is a major upset for the team which is now unlikely to regain second spot in Constructors' Championship.

2. Palmer - Not the easiest situation for him in a back-runner team, but a major step backward compared to the Hungarian GP.